• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavebouncing with Rob

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
Can some please explain the importance of wavebouncing and how to use it and how to use it effectively with ROb.

And also you don't have to b-stick right?

I've been looking everywhere for some good information on it, and even a good tutorial but i haven't found much. Also I noticed it wasn't in the AT section of OS's ROB guide, is there a reason for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and i apologize if this is a complete newb question

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I can't contribute, but I have also looked around on how to Wavebounce, and it's uses. Bumpage for Sir Masterbraz.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
The most common way to wavebounce is to do with with the gyro-cancel so that you can get a relatively quick b-air. It's actually faster (I think...) to do that sort of wave-bounce with the up+B, but that adds vertical lift that you may not want (unless you're doing it right off of the floor, in which that's exactly what you want to do anyway).

Basically, it's to make an approach for the b-air, which only really works if the opponent is reeling in the air.

And no, you do not have to b-stick, and once you get it down it actually feel quite intuitive. I was wavebouncing with the up+B without even knowing what wavebouncing was for quite some time.

Also, if you want more instruction on how to actually perform a wavebounce, I think there is something in the tactical section that actually discusses this in-depth. Lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT: There we go:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191605

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Much appreciated Drag. I'll write this all on my hand. and we'll see from there.

I really must go back at the Words for Brawl thread. I am getting lost with all the "a-sticking" XD.

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
gracias Dragz

i'm starting to get it now, if anyone has a vid of Rob specifically, wavebouncing thatd be cool. But i think i'm getting the hang of it

Sudai

Stuff here
There's some videos of ROB reverse gyro-wavebounce canceling somewhere in the video thread. I can't remember if JCeas put them in the first post or not but if they're not there, it's gonna be a ***** to find them. :x

Sudai

Stuff here
Prolly not. You can look at it and control + f for "wave boun" or "waveboun" and that should cover most tenses/usages of the term to search for it in there.

Top Bottom