• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WaveBounce even used at high level gaming? for Zamus?

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to expand beyond my mains into some fun chars.

I was just wondering, is wavebouncing being use for Zamus's Side -B? Is it worth changing my setup further to imcorperate it into Zamus's game.?

~Thanks :D

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Wavebouncing with ZSS is pretty useless unless you're trying to get your opponent out of the deadzone of her side-special.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wavebouncing with ZSS is pretty useless unless you're trying to get your opponent out of the deadzone of her side-special.
Agreed.
10char

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
hnm on and off. Some people like me say it is useful. Some people say it isn't. I've heard both. I personally will implement in my game and use in certain situations.

So the question is wavebounce use in high level? Well there is not enough time to answer that question. No one knows. Some people are using it and some aren't. Some say it is useful(RoboticClaw), some say it is useless(nightmare).

There are alot of techniques of other characters that or the same as well. People are figuring stuff out and I am one of those people. There somebody here who use it in tourney and though it was useful. He was on my guide I believe.

I think it is useful though. Wavebounce Side B can be use above the opponent as short hop retreating attack. Essentially a close range and safer side B attack. Wavebounce UP B is extremely useful but very hard to master.

I try to get it down and maybe youtube myself if i can find the right people and equipment. I don't see how Wavebounce UP B isn't useful. It gives horizontal range to UP B .(How can say this, it is hard to see the horizontal range of wavebounce UP B but she throws her whip up and moves left while doing the UP B. Regular UP B cannot do this as once she begins her UP B.
Basically UP B is a vertical move even if you move left or right. It is strictly vertical but wavebounce UP B allows it to be a horizontal move.

You can easily catch people DIing in the air(as opposed to a normal up b,even if you move it to right and UP B ,wavebounce has more range) as I notice that most people try do Di like mad when you are playing her. and you can use wavebounce UP B when you land for a hyphen wavebounce up B with pretty good horizontal range.

I will try to implement it in my play and see what I can get from it. So far it is looking good though from when I play.

Wavebounce was just discovered not too long ago. And I have not seen many ZSS youtubevids. But the super wavedash of snake is being used currently. We will have to wait to see if it is useful in high level gaming as the game is fresh and new. What someone finds useless may be useful. Playstyles are very unsorted now.

In other words, some people say it is usefess but I don't. Also site is slow: (.

If you are gonna use it i suggest learning it the regular way explain on my guide.

WhiteWingDemon

Smash Cadet
It is worth learning and practicing but I don't think the wave bounce is all that effective with Zero Suit Samus. I practice it but I rarely use it. Her aerials are just so much more effective that there isn't much use for it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It's **** better than a quick smash IMO, seeing as just having some decent timing gives you the same ability with charged smash attacks.

By the way, you also have the option to eazy-RAR and your Up-B ALWAYS gives you extra height if you B-stick it.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
I don't find it that much useful, and I prefer to keep my normal C-stick. Yea it has it's uses, but I didn't see that much situations where it would have been useful to me.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Eh, I see I'm outnumbered here as far as B-sticking, but I find it far more useful than the c-stick myself.

Snakeee

Smash Master
It is somewhat useful, and will possibly become more useful later on. I especially like retreating Forward B with it. Also, I suggest you do NOT B stick though; learn to do it with the joystick.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It is somewhat useful, and will possibly become more useful later on. I especially like retreating Forward B with it. Also, I suggest you do NOT B stick though; learn to do it with the joystick.
The joystick method is far less consistent, I've noticed. I personally find B-sticking more useful than the easy downsmash you get from c-sticking, but eh, it's all preference.

KhannKlan

Smash Cadet
I stay on B-stick because both samus and zamus have great RAR's.

I do use wavebounce whip, but only for mindgames or if someone sets themselves up for a whip in the air.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I find it pretty useful. Retreating and whipping at the same time is pretty useful. Valuable for her spacing game in my experience. It also makes it much easier to use a RAR which is useful for KOing a recovering opponent.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ok, how does B-sticking help you RAR? It's pretty simple to RAR without it anyway, but I don't get how that helps you to do that.
And, I guess if you can simply not get the hang of Wavebouncing without B sticking then you can consider doing it. I think right now a speedy D smash might be more important anyway though.

Love Falcon

Smash Rookie
I could see how retreating the Forward B could be useful, but you have to give up too much. It's not worth giving up c-sticking aerials for the little you gain from it. Of course my opinion comes from maining Falcon in Melee where you could use U airs almost on the ground with no lag, backward Knees that killed in any direction you wanted, and the SHFFL D air into Knee, so feel free to experiment with whatever you like.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ok, how does B-sticking help you RAR? It's pretty simple to RAR without it anyway, but I don't get how that helps you to do that.
And, I guess if you can simply not get the hang of Wavebouncing without B sticking then you can consider doing it. I think right now a speedy D smash might be more important anyway though.
It makes you RAR instantly, as opposed to having to wait til the end-of-dash-skid frames start. Also, it's one button input as oppose to two.

The downsmash is good, but not worth the lack of easymode use of Zamus's best mindgame.

Snakeee

Smash Master
It makes you RAR instantly, as opposed to having to wait til the end-of-dash-skid frames start. Also, it's one button input as oppose to two.

The downsmash is good, but not worth the lack of easymode use of Zamus's best mindgame.
Instant d smash is the basis of alot of my play though. :) I can wavebounce just fine without B sticking. It's not too hard to learn...I guess it's comparable learning how to wavedash in Melee. If you're not tech savy at all, then go ahead with B sticking though.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Instant d smash is the basis of alot of my play though. :) I can wavebounce just fine without B sticking. It's not too hard to learn...I guess it's comparable learning how to wavedash in Melee. If you're not tech savy at all, then go ahead with B sticking though.
Let's not pull this bull, shall we? I was a competitive player in Melee, I know, thanks.

What I'm talking about here is consistency, and the wavebounce is far more integral to mindgames and not getting hit than a combo hit like the downsmash. Thus, an easy, consistent wavebounce takes priority over an easy downsmash, which is easier to perform with a button combo than a wavebounce is.

Refrain from talking about skill here, kthx.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Let's not pull this bull, shall we? I was a competitive player in Melee, I know, thanks.

What I'm talking about here is consistency, and the wavebounce is far more integral to mindgames and not getting hit than a combo hit like the downsmash. Thus, an easy, consistent wavebounce takes priority over an easy downsmash, which is easier to perform with a button combo than a wavebounce is.

Refrain from talking about skill here, kthx.
...Eh, well I can understand why you got offended by that so I'm not gonna say anything. I just meant that if you practice doing it enough without B sticking you can do it consistently. And with the speed you need to accurately d smash (particularly a fast character that is approaching you), the c stick is a must. It's fine if you disagree with me, and I didn't mean to call you out on your tech skill, so sorry for giving the wrong message.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
...Eh, well I can understand why you got offended by that so I'm not gonna say anything. I just meant that if you practice doing it enough without B sticking you can do it consistently. And with the speed you need to accurately d smash (particularly a fast character that is approaching you), the c stick is a must. It's fine if you disagree with me, and I didn't mean to call you out on your tech skill, so sorry for giving the wrong message.
I agree with c stick for smashing. You need smashes to come out quickly as possible and most people can't do it at quickest frame with just joystick and A.

Like I said, it is not require of you to switch your c stick to special to wavebounce. You can do it without it and with practice, do it at a consistent rate.

I think the misconception is wavebounce = give up c stick for special which isn't TRUE at all. With practice you can nail it without switching but this is a highly advance technique. I can pull it off consistently as well without changing c stick to special.

It's tough to do but the real experts can do wavebounce without using c stick for special %100 to its fullest. I've seen harder techniques in other games pull off %100. Check out Melee ,sf3, GG,MVC2, and other competitive games.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I agree with c stick for smashing. You need smashes to come out quickly as possible and most people can't do it at quickest frame with just joystick and A.

Like I said, it is not require of you to switch your c stick to special to wavebounce. You can do it without it and with practice, do it at a consistent rate.

I think the misconception is wavebounce = give up c stick for special which isn't TRUE at all. With practice you can nail it without switching but this is a highly advance technique. I can pull it off consistently as well without changing c stick to special.

It's tough to do but the real experts can do wavebounce without using c stick for special %100 to its fullest. I've seen harder techniques in other games pull off %100. Check out Melee ,sf3, GG,MVC2, and other competitive games.
Please, for the love of all that is good, never compare any aspect of Brawl to Guilty Gear, or any other fighter for that matter. Melee, the techiest game in the series, pales in comparison.

There's no misconception here. I've said that I can do wavebouncing without the c-stick. It's not hard. However, wavebouncing is more integral to my play than the downsmash is (In fact, I don't use it at all, as there are rarely ever openings to use it, at least with my playstyle and the playstyales of those I play), and thus doing that more easily is higher on my priority list than c-stick to smash is. Combined with the fact that her other smashes aren't really that good...

Also, wavebouncing the up-B is a good bit harder on the analog stick than it is on the c-stick, and I use that for the bounce-up-and-back (Yes, you get the extra height ALL the time if you WB it).

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Please, for the love of all that is good, never compare any aspect of Brawl to Guilty Gear, or any other fighter for that matter. Melee, the techiest game in the series, pales in comparison.

There's no misconception here. I've said that I can do wavebouncing without the c-stick. It's not hard. However, wavebouncing is more integral to my play than the downsmash is (In fact, I don't use it at all, as there are rarely ever openings to use it, at least with my playstyle and the playstyales of those I play), and thus doing that more easily is higher on my priority list than c-stick to smash is. Combined with the fact that her other smashes aren't really that good...

Also, wavebouncing the up-B is a good bit harder on the analog stick than it is on the c-stick, and I use that for the bounce-up-and-back (Yes, you get the extra height ALL the time if you WB it).

Well I am not trying to be offensive. Kinda like the guy(snakee) above me said. I do comparison all the time and the comparison I made is of technique difficulty which is commonly used in alot of other games. I am not comparing anything specific in Brawl. You simply disagree with it which is ok.

Also about the misconception comments, it wasn't aim at you at all. I assume you could do it already. It was my belief that of what the general public believes as i see other comments of switching c stick to special.

Some people believe in different things in life and some you agree to and some disagree to.

But yea on the expert level, I believe it can be used I am testing as always. I have fun learning things. I could be wrong but it's fun trying.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Well back on topic, I play "high level gaming". I have to say that retreating forward Bs wavebounced are extremely useful, and can also be useful going forwards. It's a great tool, especially if you are good at spacing. Up B is decent too, and I use it sometimes to guarantee me a followed up d smash (cause them to land directly in front of me). I assume it would be useful for neutral B, but I admit that I do not have the hang of this one yet. Still, you can retreat or move forward with it a bit without the wavebounce.

Top Bottom