• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavebird vs Wired?

Radchu24

Smash Rookie
I love the idea of the Wireless controllers having more freedom, but because of the batteries, I'd buy a wired Wii remote if there was such a thing.
There is not. Besides then you can’t play on a wii family / mini. The battery is amazing. One decade later it went done by ONE BAR!

Radchu24

Smash Rookie
Yeah, In my opinion, Wavebirds are the best alternative you can get to wired controllers, since the grips and overall shape is just like the GC controllers (the battery section doesn't get in your way, unless you have a real freaky playing style I guess). The only thing bad about them, as previously mentioned, is in tournament play.
Who plays GC tournament anymore (ahem Nintendo switch).

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Man really just threw down a sextuple post on a 13 year necro. Nice. My wavebird is the only one to survive out of all my og controllers. It stayed in great shape on account of being abandoned from us growing tired of replacing the batteries.

Tahjima

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Amir#786
Is their any lag or anything like that with the wavebird? Like does it affect frame perfect timing things in any way?

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Is their any lag or anything like that with the wavebird? Like does it affect frame perfect timing things in any way?

I found this with a quick google search. The validity of this I can't speak to, but some of the comments may provide more insight. I'm sure there's a more extensive test of the wavebird out there somewhere.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
They are not tourney legal, because there are only 16 channels, and in the case of a tournament, someone in the audience could just switch to your channel and mess up with your inputs / play for you.

There's also a bit of lag, but I couldn't tell you how much.

Top Bottom