• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wave Bouncing as a Recovery Tech!??

EDGE586

Smash Cadet
Hey so i was just thinking if anyone has ever tried using Link's recoil Special to help improve his crappy recovery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kox5-m5JM3w
Link wavebouncing at 1:35...

as you can see it does drag him a pretty good distance and if you watch closely,
you can see that link can still do it even after he has thrown his boomerang...

maybe you could use it at like the peak of the launch to help drag you back to the stage alot faster than normal...?

just a thought i had...

Legan

Smash Lord
Ive never really thought of using it for recovery purposes but i still think its an awesome tech with untapped potential. Im honestly just not willing to give up my beloved C-stick ya know? Anyway, I think im gunna start learning to manual wavebounce and see how practical it is. It's sounds like a nice idea though. You should test it out a bit and see what you come up with.

EDGE586

Smash Cadet
Yea i like my smash stick too much to change it too... so i was just thinking of learning the manual wave bounce as well... but if it works i think i would b-sticking would be a worthy sacrifice to help one of link's biggest flaws...

i would test it out but i dont own a wii yet... I know... :(

my buddy does so i could try it over there...

thats y i asked to see if it could indeed be done...

Legan

Smash Lord
I feel your pain dude. I dont own a wii either so that why i havent tested this out sooner. I really dont see how it could do much for his recovery but as far as mindgames i think the possibilites are endless.

EDGE586

Smash Cadet
i just thought it could maybe speed up his DI back towards the stage after recovering from the launch...

cuz u first have to stop your foward momentum then slowly pick up momentum back towards the stage...

but with wave bouncing... you could possibly just "bounce" back towards the stage full speed after stopping the foward momentum...

EDGE586

Smash Cadet
yea...

you could essentially wave bounce, THEN double jump, then Up-b?

or keep repeating the bounce for extra distance..?

D

Deleted member

lol i dont think you can do a forward wavebounce

but if you can that'd be awesome because it would resemble marth's B recover

Crow!

Smash Lord
This will only help if you were facing away from the stage and have forward momentum you want to quickly reverse... Usually Link will be facing toward the stage when recovering, but if for whatever reason he isn't, wavebouncing may well be a great help.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Actually I just tried it, sounded like a great idea, but sadly :/.. it just doesn't work.

EDGE586

Smash Cadet
****... :( oh well, it was worth a shot...

dont have a wii so i couldnt test...

Swordplay

Smash Lord
If you wanted to wavebouce for recover you would actually end up wavebouncing away from the stage because that is the way you would be facing...

DOES
NOT
WORK

EDGE586

Smash Cadet
actually all you really have to do is throw the boomerang in the opposite direction n you'll bounce the other way...

doesnt seem to do too much but ill keep tinkerin with it...

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Ya, tried it with the arrows manually back before I knew what it was. Didn't know it could work with the rang.

You could do it when you're coming back trying to edgeguard.

ocaie

Smash Cadet
isaw i was just wondering about ur signature ive been trying to get one and i dont no where. urs looks real awesome so i was wondering what site u got urs from. srry guys about being off topic

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Even if it did work, it sounds highly situational. :p It wouldn't work to well either. Wave bouncing doesn't even give you that much of a boost anyway.

Top Bottom