• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Water Gun charging in pokeball?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcviiwqI2s4

When Squirtle comes out around 1:09 or so, he charges Water Gun for less than a second before using it. This is due to buffering on the switch, but normally Water Gun takes longer to charge than less than one second. Does this mean that buffering Water Gun automatically charges it for use upon Squirtle's entry? I did this on accident, so I'm not sure of the mechanics behind it.

Also LOL @ me trying to spike MK. I got greedy. :p

Magik0722

Smash Champion
yes there seems to some mechanic that forces the next pokemon to do something immediately (usually jumping in my case) also the amount of water that came out doesnt look like a fully charged watergun imo looks correct for the amount of time charged.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
yes there seems to some mechanic that forces the next pokemon to do something immediately (usually jumping in my case) also the amount of water that came out doesnt look like a fully charged watergun imo looks correct for the amount of time charged.
Interesting. I'm assuming this can be reversed before Squirtle comes out as well. This could use some looking into. Really situational, but the mechanics are interesting.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yep i do this all the ****in time, often wasting my invincibility frames with an up b if i just got gimped

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I HATE buffered UpB off the platform. I messed around with it and figured out the timing for it, but someone should really figure out why it happens. What specifically about how the game handles Pokemon death causes it?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm actually more surprised that you were using Ivysaur against Meta Knight during the match.

Top Bottom