• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wat r some good approaches 4 lucario

Klova

Smash Rookie
Right now 4 some reason im havin trouble because i grab as an approach, so if u got some good tips can u give me some cause i need em

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
SH fair to Fastfalled nair works great on some. But lucario has mostly meh approach options so bait them to approach you with AS

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Retreating SH F-air is mostly preffered, usually followed up with another attack since he's so floaty.
Depending on the matchup tho, sometimes it's best to bait.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Stuff that he's got that's a little more unique and lucario-esque:
fair

stuff that he has that almost everyone else has (sometimes a little better too):
jab
spotdodge-> whatever
grab
ftilt
dtilt
shield ->whatever

Use AS and hitbox craziness to your advantage, lucario's got decent approaches, but unless you've got a good plan on pressure or something, you will want to do more camping.

Timbers

check me out
camping is pretty much defense, just people somehow got the impression that camp=you have to be spamming something all the time.

iRJi

Smash Champion
The Character Guide explains tons of ways to approach, so take a look at it. This actually could have been asked in the ask a simple question thread, so please avoid making unnecessary threads.

To answer you question, it depends on the character. Some characters you can actually play really aggressive and turn out on top, other characters you need to play more passive.

Like Timbers said, sometimes you will be running into a shield, and that create a problem. There are a few ways to solve that though. If you end up hitting their shield from the air, you can try to land behind them, and from there work on the shield with a grab. Also, if you hit their shield in the air, you can footstool off the shield to give you a very high jump, and then you can get away. that is the options I normally do. On the ground if you hit their shield just grab or retreat. keep this in mind:

Attacks beat non shielding options, Grabs beat shielding.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I really like the idea of SH fair -> retreating FF nair. Azen used to use this to a good extent, and it spaces rather well (since the nair autocancels and often makes it hard to get shield grabbed by anyone not named D3).

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I really like the idea of SH fair -> retreating FF nair. Azen used to use this to a good extent, and it spaces rather well (since the nair autocancels and often makes it hard to get shield grabbed by anyone not named D3).
i agree with this wholeheartedly.^

Top Bottom