• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waste Of My Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
This character is dumb...end of story. They might as well have inserted Pichu back in the game....

Pokemon Trainer-New and creative idea
Meta Knight-He'll be sick
King Dede-Another heavyweight to balance the game out more...makes sense.
Sonic-New speedster to own fox!
Pikmin-ummm, WTF? That is what i have been waiting to see?

Does anyone else agree that he is the biggest waste of time? Hes such a stupid character.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Aw, c'mon, we haven't even seen how Pikmin & Olimar works yet, and you're already hating on him? I think hes gunna be another very original character. I really enjoyed the pikmin games so I can't wait to play as Olimar!

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i guess adding Pichu was a stroke of genius to but we dealt with it

*Note im actully ganna main this guy <3

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
I actully agree, I don't like him (or his games),but i can accept it. Why? Because i won't use him, he can be a new punchbag but i am intreged to see what his moves are, but he definintly will be with lucas as one of THE least used characters by me but i can see ithers sticking up for him as they like his gmes but I didn't. Just saying my opinion and to the guy on an other post said "diddy-i can let him slide i guess but picman is class" or something i (i assume most aswell) have waited on another D.K. character for ages (just need K. Rool :chuckle:)

Please don't flame me if you don't like my opinion

AtomicBucket

Smash Rookie
I think Olimar is a nice addition to Brawl! I mean, the more the merrier!
We don't even know what his move-set is!

He could be a power house, but one Pikmin per attack!

That, and this renders all size-arguments useless.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
at first I was thinking *crap another gay character added to the ranks* but then i thought abotu it, and hre actually looks like he could be fun. i kinda want to play the pikmin games now cus I have no clue what he's like.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Oh please Olimar is the most special of all chars in brawl. If u don't like the char, just don't play as him!

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
So far probably the most original character added. Playing as him will likely be completely different then playing as anyone else, so yay for Olimar.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
This character is dumb...end of story. They might as well have inserted Pichu back in the game....

Does anyone else agree that he is the biggest waste of time? Hes such a stupid character.
I like how you write off PT as new and creative, meanwhile Olimar is apparently a wast of time.
No one can blame you for ignorance of a character. Until you start being outspoken and hateful.
At the very least, Olimar will be an interesting and creative character. Probably moreso than PT himself.

kid _icarus

Smash Cadet
how can you start insulting him when you've never even seen his moves yet? you don't even have to play as him. i think any new brawl member is a welcome addition and i look forawrd to seeing his moves

Neiteio

Smash Cadet
I'm logging in to disagree with the topic starter.

Olimar is a character that depends on CREATING and CONTROLLING other characters in order to do well.

What other characters, I ask you, are anything like that? None.

Olimar is completely unique. And since he is unlike anything we've played before, he's a wholly worthwhile addition to Smash.

We may not know the finer details of how he works, but it's clear from his brief profile and screens that Olimar is dependent on his Pikmin, a cue taken from the games. And if he fights anything like the games he's based on, he'll be one wild character.

I can't wait!

- N

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Grow up.......so The Olimar update wasn't the marth update or whatever other character you like, that doesn't give you reason to start calling him a waste of time and get aggresive.

There will be characters we won't like in brawl, deal with it!

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Hevean forbid they add an actual Nintendo character to the game... I thought that was, y'know, the whole point? :(

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Lemme guess.
He's sour because Marth hasn't been confirmed yet. He won't be.
Personally, while not being a fan of his games, I am happy with his inclusion. Why? Because it's not another generic sword fighter. It's nice to have variety in gaming styles.

Stryks

Smash Hero

No, hes from a new and unique franchise, was created by miyamoto himself, his games may have not been HUGE hits, but theyre very unique, and im sorry but this guy is one of the most unique characters so far, he needs the pikmin to attack, thus he (IMO) will have a lot of potential for mindgames...

yeah seriously I rather have this unique character than a fast washedup blue hedgehog.. .YES I ****IN SAID IT AND I DONT CARE!

Seriously just because u dont like the character doesnt mean its a waist, I sincerely dont like sonic, sure I surprised when he was shown but thats it, I dont like sonic but I could car less about his inclusion u do the same...

Icelement

Smash Cadet
I'm actually overjoyed that he's in the game, even though I've had limited playtime on the actual Pikmin title. He's new, unusual, and to be honest, a badass. Look at him, and tell me he isn't the most badass cartoony game character. Yeah, he's a little guy with a big head, and he has multi-colored plants following him. Yeah, he has like 3 patches of hair. Yeah, pointy ears. Yeah, badass. :)

In all seriousness though, he looks like an awesome character, and I'll probably second him, Geno (hopefully) or PT being my main.

-Icelement

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I've never touch pikmin before, but I very happy cap olimar got in. You know why? He's even more unique than PT. Much much more unique. I would rather see another unique char than another sword welding char.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Worst. Troll. Ever.
Seriously.
You fail.
No one likes you.
Go die under a rock.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord

Your a waste of a human, end of story. Seriously go back to playing with your Donkey Kong shampoo little boy.

courte

Smash Lord
guys go easy on the anime bishie luvin fanboy

he's just mad his Mars-Chan wasn't announced today... as an AT... who humps around male characters :chuckle: j/k

although you suck for close-mindedness in a game like Smash, I foresee you falling out of a plane, and catching the ledge only to see a REAL LIFE FOX, in a vest with a laser pistol and a Falcon in goggles standing above you. You will feel a tingling sensation then notice you're holding onto nothing, and the Fox will ascend into the air, deeming you a "Waste Of My Time!"

close this thread or go to a complaint thread, we've got like 20 of them

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice

No No, you're totally right and acceptable in such an opinion. In fact, it's a fact. Seriously, I don't know what nintendo is thinking. This is unacceptable in a serious game that is supposed to rake in revenue. I kinda thought that little green robot in the multi-man brawl did have an odd shape to him, but i didn't guess his frame reflected such a stupid-*** character like the pikmin guy. I wish that nintendo would've just revealed Captain Falcon or Ganondorf instead....Piece of crap!

courte

Smash Lord
that was funny sarcasm... i PRAY it was sarcasm other wise my senses are on the fritz

Stryks

Smash Hero
Same, hope it was sarcasm, cause it wasnt, then ur just some kid that just want cool looking characters, when in reality olimar is one of the mot unique, if not THE most unique fighter so far...

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
how can you start insulting him when you've never even seen his moves yet? you don't even have to play as him. i think any new brawl member is a welcome addition and i look forawrd to seeing his moves
Wrong, if that were the case we'd have a lot of ****ing crap characters loading up a great game. 97% of all the character suggestions in these threads are either implausible or impossible to put into the game with their specific natures and/or powers. Or, like pikmin, they SHOULD'VE been regarded as straight up GAY and not put into this game....this game isn't a litter box that needs to be filled with ****TY ideas and characters....swear to ****. This upsets me.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Same, hope it was sarcasm, cause it wasnt, then ur just some kid that just want cool looking characters, when in reality olimar is one of the mot unique, if not THE most unique fighter so far...
Right, except Unique =\= opportune or ideal. Being a unique fighter doesn't give him a right to be in the game. That's the most unreal statement in his defense i've heard so far.

Lord DMHowe

Smash Rookie
No No, you're totally right and acceptable in such an opinion. In fact, it's a fact. Seriously, I don't know what nintendo is thinking. This is unacceptable in a serious game that is supposed to rake in revenue. I kinda thought that little green robot in the multi-man brawl did have an odd shape to him, but i didn't guess his frame reflected such a stupid-*** character like the pikmin guy. I wish that nintendo would've just revealed Captain Falcon or Ganondorf instead....Piece of crap!
Because we all want characters we've seen before so we get Melee again. ¬_¬

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Nobody wants to hear some whiny person rant. I think that olimar is a PERFECT addition to brawl.
Clearly, you and many others are not understanding why he and I(the thread starter) are distressed over his presence. It shows a lack of seriousness in nintendo's programming and marketing departments. It almost seems more like a sell out technique then anything. For example, was there any valid reason for a crap character like G&W in melee? No! Even the reasons stated for his return were pathetic and shouldn't justify a characters presence into a game. It goes the same with olimar. HE IS CRAP! I don't even need to see his special moves to know that he will be low tier. Mark my words, and that's sad, considering i really didn't want tier brackets in the next one, but oh well, i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom