• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was today some running gag by Nintendo?

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Odd, because when I went to Play Anyone, I only got a different stage about 2 times (and that was on team battles).
The rest of the matches? Got Hyrule Temple FIVE TIMES IN A FRIKIN ROW (along with taunters and people who ran all the time) I got so disgusted after the 5th time I just quit.

Now I can only chalk this up to three things:
1) Very, VERY bad stroke of luck
2) Nintendo must have some running gag today about Hyrule
3) Wifi got hacked

Either one of the three, pfft, doesn't matter. Ick.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
That happens to me every now & then, it's either Final destination or Hyrule temple.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
No it's not Nintendo, taunt partiers love Hyrule since it has plenty of room to run and mess around. So it's likely those people were all choosing that stage.

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
Aw, I wish I had that matchup. D:<

I love taunt parties.

And to also answer your question, it was definitely 1. Wifi didn't get hacked, as if it were set to always play Temple, people would desync if they chose other stages, which they most likely would.

And 2... well, no. Nintendo don't do that stuff. They're like the fun police.
*points to With Anyone*

Top Bottom