• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was The Sephiroth Challenge Really Easy For Anyone Else?

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I love the fact the team actually made a full on boss mode. And I love playing Sephiroth. But....I beat it on my second try, on very hard.
The team really should’ve kept the one try and you’re done, or at least one try per day. Or just make the fight harder.
I highly doubt that I’m the only one who found it easy, cause I literally suck at the game.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
1HP left on Normal while using a cheese strat. Clearly I'm not in the same boat as you.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I love the fact the team actually made a full on boss mode. And I love playing Sephiroth. But....I beat it on my second try, on very hard.
The team really should’ve kept the one try and you’re done, or at least one try per day. Or just make the fight harder.
I highly doubt that I’m the only one who found it easy, cause I literally suck at the game.
I beat Sephiroth on my second try with Ridley on Very Hard and to me it was kind of easy. But man the real fun started when I started playing with Sephi in Classic Mode as I destroyed all the bosses so easily with him. He's so fun to play as because he feels like you're playing as a actual boss when you're him.

NNID
Megamanxtreme247
3DS FC
0233-0693-2297
Switch FC
1389-8562-4404
HELL NO!!
I played on normal and he handed my ass to me on the first try.
Took me 3 tries to FINALLY beat his ass to unlock him early before his actual release date.
Of coarse I played with cloud because it makes sense since their mortal enemies that have had a strong rivalry since FFVII

Ajimu

Smash Cadet
Honestly felt it was really easy, went with Palutena and played honest neutral (as honest as Pali can be anyway) and beat Very Hard third try with two chokes on the first two tries because the Wing Mode got into my head (he was below ten HP each time I died).

I feel like it depends a lot on the match-up really, the character struggles in some aspects and I have also felt for a while that the AIs are not equal based on who they are facing.

Still a very fun mode, but hilarious to think I performed better at something smash-related than some pros/streamers 😂

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
10th try on very hard. Although I only used Cloud who I don't main. Would've definitely been easier with one of my mains.

Ryumancer

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. New here. To answer the question, NO, it was not. It took me many tries to overcome Sephy on Very Hard. I was eventually able to beat Sephiroth at that difficulty with 5 characters:

-:ultcloud:Cloud ('cause it feels like you have to, lol)
-:ultryu:Ryu
-:ultken:Ken
-:ultridley:Ridley
-:ultsonic:Sonic

Sonic won me my fastest victory by way of edge-guarding ring out in 25 seconds. Otherwise it usually took me around 2 minutes to wither Sephiroth's HP to 0 with everyone else.

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
They weren't planning one try and your done, the initial thought was that you can't change the difficulty after you select it the first time.
But I found it pretty easy, but probably because I used Min Min, who is basically a perfect counter to Sephiroth.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
I was surprised and a bit disappointed when I beat him on my first try with Cloud on very hard. At least it was a pretty close and intense battle. Of course there's luck involved too, and it might be that the cpu Sephiroth is just bad in certain matchups and good in others. I took him on with some other characters afterwards and had a pretty hard time with Wolf in particular, losing at least 10 times before beating him.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Beat him on very hard. Didn't bother to try normal or easy. Mine personal best record is 13.41 seconds, with Robin.

Once you figure out his weaknesses, he's fairly easy to deal with. His sword attacks are fast, powerful, and have a long range--but they all share the same weakness. They either have a slow startup, or high endlag. And that's where you can punish him. Just DON'T let him get you in the air, because he can easily juggle you. Lastly, like Cloud, Sephiroth has a weak, linear recovery. Knock him far and low enough off the stage, and he's done for.

Overall, as of now I'm having second thoughts about maining him. In the end, I like a character with a reliable, flexible recovery.

NNID
Megamanxtreme247
3DS FC
0233-0693-2297
Switch FC
1389-8562-4404
This time after finally unlocking him, I actually beat him again on very hard using link. :ultlink:
forgot what my best record was after beating him though sadly. Maybe I should've taken a picture of my new record score after beating him to provide evidence.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Beat him first try on Very Hard with Cloud, the good old fashion way (0 HP), but he put up a good fight. I was glad he was accessible in that way at least.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Beat him the old fashioned way with Cloud, and then some of my best characters. Cloud was my first-ever time fighting him, and I got it third try. Bowser, Joker, Incineroar, and K Rool I think I got it on my second try with each of them. No crazy times since I didn't get any silly gimps but it was always around 1:15. Very Hard difficulty, of course.

Top Bottom