• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was anyone else deeply disappointed with Fire Emblem: Awakening/Kakusei?

Did you like this game? Do you agree with any of the points made in my post?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scarf Wynaut

Smash Cadet
I'm slowly losing hope on FE:if being a good game / better than Awakening after the Famitsu scans. Hyper casual mode and equipment durability being removed, because people struggled with FE13 casual mode didn't they
</salt>

Rawkstar said:
Let's be honest, the back story behind almost every Fire Emblem game is pretty lame on the surface. For a simple break down...
  • Country 1 is invaded or otherwise attacked by Country 2
  • Country 1 is homeland of main character. Main character flees to another country.
  • Builds up minor army by traveling the continent
  • Returns to take homeland back/save what was originally ruined.
  • Finds out that dragons are coming back to ruin the world after antagonist dies.
  • Faces off against dragon to save man-kind.
That's basically every Fire Emblem in a nutshell...So if you complain about this story on the surface, well that's stupid and you really shouldn't be surprised.
That argument is rly flimsy, stripping down every FE down to its core story, removing what made it unique and calling them all the same. awakening's story was so poor in comparison, it featured bland forgettable characters (Besides robin lucina and potentially chrom because of smash 4) and i dont really see how it can honestly be defended.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I'm slowly losing hope on FE:if being a good game / better than Awakening after the Famitsu scans. Hyper casual mode and equipment durability being removed, because people struggled with FE13 casual mode didn't they
</salt>
I'm also worried with the removal of weapon durability being removed, if it means that weapons aren't durable anymore and they'll all break in one hit or two... :206:Edit: whoops, struck out the redundant part

Just kidding, but that's what "removal of weapon durability" literally means ahah. On a more serious note, the removal of the limitation to weapon durability makes me think the game will be balanced with that in mind, like making stronger weapons extremely rare, and all weapons more expensive compared to previous games. The only way I'd be worried about this is they completely mess up weapon availability by making you able to easily buy infinite Tomahawks/Spears or something like that... which I acknowledge is not impossible haha. I also wonder how forging will be handled in a game without limited weapon durability... another thing that could potentially break the game's balance.

But yeah Phoenix mode sounds like super dumb. I'm not going to be upset about this since it is optional, unless the game is somehow balanced around it, but it... kind of makes the game lose some credibility especially for its genre I guess.

Last edited:

Scarf Wynaut

Smash Cadet
I'm also worried with the removal of weapon durability being removed, if it means that weapons aren't durable anymore and they'll all break in one hit or two... :206:

Just kidding, but that's what "removal of weapon durability" literally means ahah. On a more serious note, the removal of the limitation to weapon durability makes me think the game will be balanced with that in mind, like making stronger weapons extremely rare, and all weapons more expensive compared to previous games. The only way I'd be worried about this is they completely mess up weapon availability by making you able to easily buy infinite Tomahawks/Spears or something like that... which I acknowledge is not impossible haha. I also wonder how forging will be handled in a game without limited weapon durability... another thing that could potentially break the game's balance.

But yeah Phoenix mode sounds like super dumb. I'm not going to be upset about this since it is optional, unless the game is somehow balanced around it, but it... kind of makes the game lose some credibility especially for its genre I guess.
I highly doubt they'd do that but if its true itll make it a little nicer I guess
Although this could just possibly be an exclusive to phoenix mode, like the whole 'fallen units revive instantly' thing.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Guys, stop complaining about Phoenix Mode. We don't even know how it works. All we know is that it revives characters after a turn. There could be limited revives. There could be a penalty to revives. Hell, it might only revive one character per turn. There are millions of ways to balance Phoenix Mode. Worst case scenario, it's the ultimate testing mode, since your allies can get hurt and die, allowing you to try out dumb s*** and get away with it, or develop the most efficient strategies for each level. If Nohr-Normal was something like Hoshido-Hard/Lunatic, there could be a reason for these changes.

You have NO reason to complain about a Mode that will be useful somehow no matter how it comes, and that yoy don't even know about it to begin with. What if there was a secret Necro Mode where enemies revived each turn with stat boosts but only had to be killed once to meet win requirements?

Top Bottom