• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WARNING CHALLENGER APPROACHING! 2 at RIT

Foy

Smash Champion
Like, i broke foys controller back in the day, and i know they break other peoples stuff in that apt constantly so im sad, but im not surprised. Just tha fact that i mysteriously hear about them playing project made for ***s on it right before i find out its broken is what really burns me up

:phone:
Working on getting you a new wii. Sorry **** gets used and abused at the apt. I know noone else.cares but know what its like. I wouldve had one for you this week but rents a ***** and i need a place to lay my gansta head at. If you are there tmw we'll talk.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Nah man. You dont have to buy me a new wii. (Unless its like a used 30 dollar cheapie or something)

Im just madd at project Massive pile of **** now.

And yes I will be coming up with a new definition for that M every time i make a reference to that game from now on.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
That's an issue with the disc drive. Project M cannot alter hardware. That would require magic.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
had to leave but guessing the results:

jesiahteg
lefty
foy
vicious

shoutouts @ jeremy losing to 4th and 5th place and getting last while i lost to 4th and 5th place and got 5th

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
Hey~ had a good time. A shame I missed out on the melee action but oh wellz all in due time I shall make the pilgrimage to rochester again. this time with a map lol holy **** is RIT huge...!

But yeah on a side note never took into consideration that practicing melee exclusively on an hd tv would make any kind of a difference but alas I was totally incapable of pulling off wavedashes on a regular set which was really frustrating to find out. So yeah we should like stick to just the HD tv's : D

Also goggles man zoonies is the **** ;) good pick

a nub

Smash Ace
hdtvs are so crap for melee

but yeah def try to come down when you get the chance, sucks that you guys got here after most ppl had left. Had to dip to go hit up a party so I owe you some games in melee

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
hdtvs are so crap for melee

but yeah def try to come down when you get the chance, sucks that you guys got here after most ppl had left. Had to dip to go hit up a party so I owe you some games in melee
Yeah for sure, next time I see you hopefully I'll have leveled up my game a bit too ^^

as for the hd tv thing -- I feel it's not a matter of something being crap it's just going to boil down to what you're used to. For the past couple years now me and everyone I know have only owned HD sets. So if you wind up only practicing melee exclusively on that type of tv you probably wouldn't want to switch to a an older one. On the other hand if you come from the older school melee crowd where HD tv's weren't as common then I totally get you -- I'm just in the awkward spot where I have no choice but to use an HD setup...which btw I wouldn't mind at all if just every TV I'd come across in a tournament were HD.. ^^

a nub

Smash Ace
hdtvs are inherently bad just for the fact that you cant react quickly enough on them, nothing to with muscle memory at that point. crts are a pain in the *** but I'd highly recommend you cop one off goodwill or something

flaw

Smash Apprentice
different hdtvs have different amounts of input lag and pixel response so it's not even consistent accross slightly diff. models from the same manufacturer

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea, its the only problem with running smash tournaments these days is that nintendo is the only company with a console currently that cant run in hd so when you play on a gamecube or wii, it lags pretty bad. to the point where its unplayable after you hit a certain level. anybody whos good at the game will refuse to play on a flat screen in any match of importance.

I personally would never play a tournament match or money match on a flat screen.

as a matter of fact. even with systems that play on them correctly. flat screens can have input lag on xboxes and ps3s if you dont get the right one. Thats why whenever somebody buys a monitor, you have to look it up to make sure the input latency is 2ms or lower.

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
hmm yeah didn't realize the wii had the same problem too. crazy. but for now until I can get my hands on a SDTV I'll just have to continue practicing with it in HD for now. Can't be an entire waste of time I don't think..

ok apparently my mother has had a piece of **** tv so never mind lol. can't wait to carry it in my room... : D

and scratch that.. the tv has no way of changing to video 1 or anything...awesome..............

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
Yeah sounds like a plan. thx for the tip didn't even know you could do that haha~ just kinda assumed that was a one way to trip to like the poor people reservations lolz

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
eh there has to be some sort of thirft store that still has them.

also, ill be so glad when the wii u comes out and we wont have to deal with this anymore.

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
well, I just went to 2 thrift stores and the good will around here and nothing but clothes clothes and more clothes. closest I came to was a rusted microwave... to ebay!

Codi

Smash Ace
So since it was mentioned in the commentary in one of the videos i think it's time for ANOTHER crew battle at ROM anyone interested?

Also, congratulations lefty for getting first in teams and second in singles! proud of you my dude

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm a little late, but, please keep things on-topic (in reference to people shouting at each other a page ago), and please don't feed the trolls.

Here's my gold star
You don't even know. :(

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
Also shoutouts to my terrible commentary
People don't know about Thanos's commentary. But now they do. Because it's on 6 of the 13 videos. For approval and disapproval, see the comments.

ALSO PYRO!!! Can you do another tourney video thread for me? I'll send you all the links :) And they're in a playlist in the meleeatlnorth channel.

Top Bottom