• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Custom Moves

WwwWario

Smash Ace
If anybody has any information regarding Wario's Custom Moves, please post them here. I'm dying to hear if his Shoulder Bash is a Custom Move. It just HAS to be!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Only Mii Fighters and Palutena get non-spin off moves, So Wario's shoulder bash is guaranteed to be gone. Since a shoulder bash would be completely different from a motorcycle or a fart or a jump.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
How is it possible that we STILL don't have any info on Wario's variations besides a single fart attack? Someone out there must have unlocked them all, they should be reporting that stuff by now!

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
His other alternate up B creates a fan underneath him that blows him upwards.

Yeah, complete move changes are not specific to Palutena and Mii Fighters.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Well, I'm hearing that one of the side B alternates is a super fast bike that can't turn around and the other is a heavy bike that buries opponents.

I just don't get this. Sakurai could have honoured Wario's history without effecting his own interpretation of the character that some people seem to enjoy. It wouldn't have been much of an ask, surely?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, I'm hearing that one of the side B alternates is a super fast bike that can't turn around and the other is a heavy bike that buries opponents.

I just don't get this. Sakurai could have honoured Wario's history without effecting his own interpretation of the character that some people seem to enjoy. It wouldn't have been much of an ask, surely?
So we got a non-Smash Ball Wario Man-Bike and a Roadkill Bike.
...Well that's dumb.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman

There's still hope for his neutral B... There has to be :(

I just don't get it... Why would Sakurai take out such an important part of Wario's history for no apparent reason? Why would he go the extra mile to come up with an all new move just to make Wario seem LESS like Wario? It just doesn't make sense.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Dunno. I don't like it either but it doesn't bug me too much as long as his new FSmash is just as good. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
His other alternate up B creates a fan underneath him that blows him upwards.

Yeah, complete move changes are not specific to Palutena and Mii Fighters.
If Wario's animation is the same, then the move is just tweaked, with a new item appearing (like Megaman's customs changing the items, but not Megaman's animations).

Also, this seems to be a reference to "Fan boy", but I have to see the move.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Fan_Boy

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
There is no Spring, and you are carried by a bird. How is that the same move?
Okay, Let's say one of Wario's Custom Side B's is instead of riding a motorcycle, He is riding a kart. But it's the same move but changed visually.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
At this point, the only way I can see Wario Land being referenced is having two Warios in the game : Biker Wario to represent Ware, Overalls Wario to represent Land.
Not going to happen in this lifetime, though, sadly. :ohwell:

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
If Sakurai doesn't want to put any Wario land moves in the game, he should give Wario this microgame as a new side special.

Trust me Sakurai, it's only from this game. The one you're representing. No other ones. No sir.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The RIsing Waft appears to charge about twice as quickly as the standard version, and does proportionately less damage.

It seems preferable to the standard one now that Wario has lost some of his KO moves but still builds damage as easily as ever, which makes the power of the standard waft a little overkill at times.

The Fast Wario Bike can't turn, and does less damage then the normal bike, despite what logic would dictate.

The only way you can really get it to stay on the stage so you can throw it is by crashing it into the edge, as it'll go flying off a cliff otherwise. It's also a lot less durable then the standard bike, and will explode from so much as a single projectile like a Mario fireball. It also explodes if you throw it at someone for 16%, but can also hit for as much as 26% if only the explosion hits as a result of smash throwing it downwards, though it has zero KO potential in both scenarios.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I wanna see that Garlic Breath in action
I've tried it out and I don't like it. The characters don't stay stunned long enough to land a forward smash on them. You can't eat anything with it. It works well against air attacks, but has start up lag. Overall I'd say no go on this one I think Hyper suction will be better.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts on Wario's customs (Reference video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJXI-dtysQM):

Vortex Bite (B):
A very interesting addition to Wario's arsenal, I think the added suction effect makes up for the slowed down/lessened bashing damage of his bite, and really makes his approaches more effective. His bite has always seemed more useful as a tool for switching up your initiation techniques on a shielding opponent or for negating projectiles instead of for racking up damage, and this custom plays to those strengths.

Garlic Breath (B):
This is a move that looked like a great idea for Wario, sounded like a guaranteed pickup in any custom set, and then was implemented just awfully. The wind-up is very awkward and easy to see coming, the breath's hitbox is too small, and its stunning effect seems far too weak for its difficulty to properly land. Wario already has a great tripping move (his dash attack) that can be followed up with a kill move no problem, so this move is just not worth all of its setbacks.

Speedy Bike (Side-B):
A very lackluster modification to Wario's bike. I don't really mind the 'not being able to turn' aspect of the move, but the fact that it both deals less damage and the bike prop itself explodes way too easily (removing Wario's ability to pogo-bounce bikes on peoples' heads, as well as the priority his bike has over other projectiles), and that it's nearly impossible to pick up and toss (even edge-cancelling it makes it sometimes just ghost-ride off the stage), really ruins any effective use it might have. It just feels like all drawbacks to me, not worth it at all.

Heavy Bike (Side-B):
This is an okay custom, although you'll want to build around its usage if you want to be effective. You lose all of your recovery ability with your Bike (it starts sinking the moment you whip it out in the air), but it in turn you gain the ability to bury people you run over (this DOES register after you've jumped off your bike, and can be followed up quite nicely, depending on percentages) and the Bike gains some additional damage threshold in being used as a projectile before it blows up. It's a very offensive custom, and if you like screwing with people with Bike-games, it's a nice variation to use. I'd recommend beefing up your recovery in other ways to offset its drawback though.

Sideways Corkscrew (Up-B):
This is a fun little change to Wario's Corkscrew, you sacrifice vertical distance for the ability to control your Corkscrew's direction quite well. It can be used in combos or initiation relatively safely like a Luigi tornado, but you do have to watch out for going into special fall after using it. I would not recommend taking this if you're already hurting your recovery with the Heavy Bike, or else you'll find yourself getting gimped even with the generous ledges of the game.

High Jump (Up-B):
A fairly cut and dry buff to Wario's recovery, your Up-B goes significantly higher but loses all of its damage-dealing capability. You'll want to be careful with this move, though. No hitboxes means no priority, and you could end up as easy spike-bait for certain matchups with it.

Flower Waft (Down-B):
From the video I've watched of it, it deals 21% damage when fully charged, and another 16% in Flower damage after (I don't know if you can reduce its duration with inputs, but if so, then it's even worse). I guess it's nice as a damage-racking move, but Wario really doesn't need help in that department, and its kill-effectiveness is reduced quite a bit (it didn't kill a CPU Mario at 71%). Subpar in my book.

Rising Waft (Down-B):
Another Waft with reduced kill potential, this one sacrifices damage for a faster charge,. Like with the Flower Waft it really doesn't seem worthwhile to nerf one of your best kill-moves just to deal more damage over time, unless you're set on only using your Waft as recovery (maybe with the Heavy Bike or the Sideways Corkscrew?) it's not worth it.

In conclusion, it's hard to mess with perfection it seems. Most of Wario's customs really pale in comparison to the originals, the drawbacks on a majority are just too harsh for what they offer. I think the best lineups are either Vortex Chomp/Normal Bike/Normal Waft/Normal Corkscrew, or Vortex Chomp/Heavy Bike/Normal Waft OR Rising Waft/High Jump OR Normal Corkscrew, depending on your preferred play style and matchups.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The inhaling bite actually has another noticeable downside other then the reduced damage.

It can't airgrab someone until the suction effect kicks in, which gives your opponent more time to react to it if it's initiated in the air, and also makes it so you can't combo into it as easily.

Last edited:
Top Bottom