• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Man can travel roughly 270 meters (885 feet) in ten seconds.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
My only guesses are that they either used some sort of hacking device (though I personally don't know of any), or that this is two player Homerun Contest and they got a lucky Side B with King Dedede.

The latter is possible I think, but... why would someone spend so much time trying to do it?

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone actually watched the bin file (if that can even be done?)? I'm still curious as to how it was done.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Yeah, I know, but I thought it might be possible if you stuck it on an SD card and loaded it up on the Wii itself. I don't know if there's any sort of encryption problem.
I've done this. He starts out as Wario-Man, beats Sandbag around a bit, and his last hit is the motorcycle. The Sandbag lands about 800 ft away, an Wario passes the Sandbag about 11 seconds after leaving the platform.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I've done this. He starts out as Wario-Man, beats Sandbag around a bit, and his last hit is the motorcycle. The Sandbag lands about 800 ft away, an Wario passes the Sandbag about 11 seconds after leaving the platform.
Interesting, and kind of cool.

I think it's pretty neat that the replay says it for you in feet, when it says it for him in meters. It's not like it's important or anything, though.

Still, my original curiosity is piqued. Could Dedede throw a Smash Ball in that mode? Super Sonic, for instance, might be able to "carry" the sandbag some serious distance, if you still get to control him after time runs out (unlikely). Would anyone else's final smash be really good for this?

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
Thanks for making a youtube video of it. :)

Anyhow, I should explain, the replay data really does save EVERYTHING on your matches, even stuff that you hack in using a USB Gecko.

Using a USB Gecko, there's a lot of cheat codes available, like stages you can't normally play on, characters you can't usually use, the dark character costumes, etc. (Although these tend to make the game crash, so no replay data can be saved.)

The longsaur in my signature is one of these USB Gecko hacks, it's four Ivysaurs all set to costume 1.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Thanks for making a youtube video of it. :)

Anyhow, I should explain, the replay data really does save EVERYTHING on your matches, even stuff that you hack in using a USB Gecko.

Using a USB Gecko, there's a lot of cheat codes available, like stages you can't normally play on, characters you can't usually use, the dark character costumes, etc. (Although these tend to make the game crash, so no replay data can be saved.)

The longsaur in my signature is one of these USB Gecko hacks, it's four Ivysaurs all set to costume 1.
Where does one obtain a USB Gecko?

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
If you check www.usbgecko.com, you can find a list of online stores, and a forum where codes are posted.
Most of the codes are for the japanese version though, there's not many for the american version.

To use the USB Gecko, you need The Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess, to exploit a hack called the Twilight Hack, then you install the homebrew channel and use that to run something called Gecko OS.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Wasn't the Twilight Hack disabled?
I was actually about to try it when Nintendo did the update.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
So you updated your Wii to 3.3?
No problem there, the Twilight Hack was recently updated to work on that.
Where Nintendo did fix one bug, they accidentally still left two bugs in that together can fool the wii into thinking the twilight hack is legitimate.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
hmmmm...well I think maybe someone hacked the game or got some kind of hacking device like action reply and then started as wario-man, my only explanation...I know its possible because there are all these videos of characters with different characters movesets in brawl...

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Interesting, and kind of cool.

I think it's pretty neat that the replay says it for you in feet, when it says it for him in meters. It's not like it's important or anything, though.

Still, my original curiosity is piqued. Could Dedede throw a Smash Ball in that mode? Super Sonic, for instance, might be able to "carry" the sandbag some serious distance, if you still get to control him after time runs out (unlikely). Would anyone else's final smash be really good for this?
but deded is nowhere to be seen

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
but deded is nowhere to be seen
he meant, not for that clip, just an idea for HRC in general, since Dedede's >b can throw items, and sometimes a final smash.

if he can, i think using marth or even ganon might cause the most distance.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
Even if I tried spawning items on the home run stadium, I don't think it would work.

I've played on the stage for a regular brawl, what happens is almost no items spawn, except for stickers and cds (how odd.)
I've also played a regular brawl on the wifi waiting room, which only spawns sandbags (which only drop food), stickers and probably CDs.

Also, Wario's strength was modified for that replay I made, although that doesn't change the speed of his bike.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
You mentioned that if you hacked the game, it will still record it. But what would happen if you imported a character's files from melee into brawl, then played as them, and recorded it? I don't think it'll play on other wiis, since what you did was using things in the game's code, this, however, isn't. But it is still worth a shot, I guess. That is, if anyone figures out how to do it.

Darkurai

Smash Master
You mentioned that if you hacked the game, it will still record it. But what would happen if you imported a character's files from melee into brawl, then played as them, and recorded it? I don't think it'll play on other wiis, since what you did was using things in the game's code, this, however, isn't. But it is still worth a shot, I guess. That is, if anyone figures out how to do it.
No, it's not worth a shot, because that would take months of programming Pichu into the **** game.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
EVERYTHING in ANY cheatcode ever created for ANY game, relies on things that are already within the game.

The replay data basically is a set of instructions, load X character on X stage with X settings, when you hack the game to set X character to Wario Man or Giga Bowser of whatever, with Homerun Stadium as the stage on stock, it WILL remember that in the replay no matter what.

To hack a character into the game would mean having to modify the game and include a character as one of the many "X character", but no other copies of the game would have this hacked character, so the replay would not work. (It may just display another character altogether.)

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Even if I tried spawning items on the home run stadium, I don't think it would work.

I've played on the stage for a regular brawl, what happens is almost no items spawn, except for stickers and cds (how odd.)
I've also played a regular brawl on the wifi waiting room, which only spawns sandbags (which only drop food), stickers and probably CDs.
Thanks. I'm glad you answered this before I decided to sit down for a few hours and try it! :laugh:

Top Bottom