• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario has no Chance against Captain Falcon (Serious Topic)

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Um... I've just finished playing my little brother, and he was able to up b out of it. Am I doing it wrong, or does it just not work. The only video I've seen is on a computer player. I really don't see how I could possibly be doing it wrong, because as long as I grab Wario after his second jump, and I time the grab right, it should be an infinite, right? Then how is my brother able to up b out of it?

Mmac

Smash Lord
Well I'm going to pick the obvious guess and say you didn't time it right. If I remember correctly, you need to press grab when Wario's feet are just above your head

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Ok... I keep testing this... why does sometimes Wario break out into the air, but other times he breaks out onto the ground. I'm always grabbing him from his second jump, but where he breaks out seems to vary. What am I doing wrong?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
@talkingbeatles: You were probably jabbing him when he escaped. If you hit him around the time he breaks free, Wario goes to the ground instead of the air. So hit him a few times and then just leave him alone and he will go into the air, unless the Wario is crazy good at mashing out of grabs, which we are. :)

Wario still has the advantage in this matchup. This is not nearly as bad as say the Yoshi infinite (which works if he grabs you period) or from Zelda and other characters.

Hax

Smash Champion
can you just let go into uair or knee if wario doesnt have his 2nd jump?

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm sure uair would work, falcon has long sexy legs which means lots of range.

a toast to us finding a combo in brawl.

carnivore

Smash Cadet
Haven't tested, but I landed a Dash-Usmash pretty easily, kinda how King Dedede can do it to Wario.

Top Bottom