• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Character Matchup Discussion

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Give Wario + against DK. He gets a guaranteed chain grab until 70% on DK. You can forward throw or forward smash from there too. He also gets guaranteed 180% on Bowser with down throw chain grab lol. Go try it yourself if you don't believe me.

Edit: I'm not sure if they can Up B out at a certain percent. If someone wants to test that for me too that would be great.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
im not even going to explain like u guys did but here are corrections(im sure ive been to more big tournies than most of you...brawl bash II, gigabits 5/17, etc...)

Dedede -
Marth = or +
ROB +
Snake -

as for some you dont know

diddy +
link +
luigi +
pit = or mayyybe -
Alright now this is the part where you explain.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Give Wario + against DK. He gets a guaranteed chain grab until 70% on DK. You can forward throw or forward smash from there too. He also gets guaranteed 180% on Bowser with down throw chain grab lol. Go try it yourself if you don't believe me.

Edit: I'm not sure if they can Up B out at a certain percent. If someone wants to test that for me too that would be great.
Personally slap the DK and Bowser players that get caught in downthrow more than three times in a row. It's not a chaingrab vs anyone, no one at all. Wolf can shine, Bowser could UpB, Dk could jab the opposite direction to space himself and so on blah blah alot more stuff. You could still switch things up really really nicely after downthrow to play the prediction game, but really downthrow is 100% not broken at all.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I think im going to throw up. While you play lvl 9 Wario's all the time and win with Peach (I play REAL opponents) I lose using most of time using Peach. Turnips can be easily caught in this game OR eaten by Wario. True they have less lag, and in a matchup, Peach will most likely ALWAYS have less % than Wario (like 70% for Peach, and 110% for Wario)

Lol, I NEVER get hit by Peach Upsmash, again, your CPU opponent (or really sucky friend)
The only way Peach can kill Wario is with a lucky Fsmash at 170%, or Fair at 150% at the edge of the stage.

Wario air movement makes it so he's IMPOSSIBLE to edge guard. Seriously, if you play CPU's, I know what you mean, they just stand there. (Landing PK Flash on them has never been so easy) However, Wario's amazing air movement in his 2 jump allow him to get to the stage 75% of the time. Peach is terrible in the air now. Why? She lost her double jump, meaning, chasing oppenents in the air is dangerous, her new Double jump for me is her Up B. (thats utterly pathetic) That means, you NEVER chase characters like Falco or Ness in the air using Peach, you'll not only get spike, you'll get humiliated. With Wario it's similar, he may lack a spike, but he can easily abuse his down air to rack up the damage.

Lastly, Peach is really light. Wario can easily kill her her at 100% with his Fmash, and Uair.
and his 3rd secret killer, the waft. The third strongest kill move in the game (behind PK flash and PKT2) LOL FULL WAFT TAKES 2 MINUTES, WARIO CAN KO HIMSELF! That full waft sucks. It really does. It does alot of damage yes, but you cannot use it in the air, or you will die. The half waft, can KO you at 70% (or 60% for Peach sake) at any unexpected time. And since Wario is not glowing, this move will always surprise the opponent.

Peach cannot WILL not beat Wario. It's close to impossible. IF she had 2 reliable killers (ones that can kill at 110 or 100) She may have a chance, wait if she had a double jump, she may have chance, but she doesn't. She has neither of the 2, making her a bad character overall.

PS: Why bring Final Smash into competive play?
You are exaggerating, fsmash and ftilt both kill between 120 and 150. You m,ust really suck at edge guarding with Peach. She may has lost her second jump, but she can float, and do her amazing fair can KO at less than 100 if you are edgeguarding. She also has her dair, that can gimp really easily, specially a Wario on a bike <.<

She can glide toss her turnips towards you, so if you are stupid enough to bite them or, she could do anything to you. You could still SH airdodge backwards to space yourself and grab the turnip tho... The point is that if the Peach plays smart, she has not to fear you eating her turnips :p

And a good Peach player can setup a nice, sweet and glorious upsmash on a Wario. She can hit under battlefield platforms with it.

And her ftilt has amazing combo ability.

I'm just saying she has a chance against a Wario, maybe not much of a chance, but a chance nevertheless.

I'd give this matchup 6-4 Wario.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
peach has the advantage against wario, believe it or not. i main both characters and have decent experience with the match-ups. Peach can space easily in the air against wario, negating his approach. her aerials go either go through his or trade hits. play a good peach player and you'll see what i mean.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Meh, Wario shouldn't have an advantage on Lucas. To much going for Lucas in the air (outprioritzing him) gimping Lucas recovery is impossible plain and simple. If you have a decent use of the zap jump, then it's fine. This topic is okay, but you need more info in this topic.

ZSS should be at =/-. She can infinite you if your unlucky.
Yoshi should as be at an =/-. His infinite can be annoying. (never underestimate the pivot grab) and his grab release Upsmash is annoying.

DK is pretty much even, but grabbing Wario, and getting a free Upsmash/Fsmash means a -. (most people think that Ness is at disadvantage to Wario for only this reason)

Sheik would also fall under the - category. She can Ftilt lock you up until 60 ish %. She can also grab release Upsmash or grab release Ftilt lock. (don't worry, Wario isn't alone, Ness is also F tilt locked by Sheik. :( )

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And IDR Shiek being able to Ftilt lock Wario for that long. I knew about Grab release to Usmash or Grab release to Footstool to that gay combo, but Ftilt locking til 50-60%?

I'm pretty sure I can SDI those Ftilts and get out somewhere before 30 somethin %.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
And IDR Shiek being able to Ftilt lock Wario for that long. I knew about Grab release to Usmash or Grab release to Footstool to that gay combo, but Ftilt locking til 50-60%?

I'm pretty sure I can SDI those Ftilts and get out somewhere before 30 somethin %.
Well normally yes. But with decay that leaves it close to impossible. Try it in training mode. Easy to escape it. But in a real match, :urg: Decay leaves Wario trapped for . Luckily Wario can escape it earlier than most characters (Ness:urg:, Snake:chuckle:)

4 months old? I thought this was recent!

Sighrax

Smash Lord
From my experience:

MK's rough, DK's even/DK might have a SLIGHT advantage, especially on stages with platforms (especially Lylat Cruise).

I'm not really sure why everyone thinks Wario has a + vs Snake, I play against Afro Thunda and I swear it's even at best, perhaps Snake having slight advantage. But I dunno, he's one of the best.

vs Diddy, Wario has advantage. Eating bananas ***** his game. Hard.

ROB I don't think is that bad either tbh.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario vs Snake is pretty even, online though it is near impossible.

Wario vs DK is pretty even, some of the grab release stuff is gay but we live with it anyways.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Wario is really good against ROB. No lie. It all depends on your style but in my experience of playing good Warios [and I'm told my ROB isn't horrible]...ugh. it really sucks *** :( :( :(

@SlikVik: any input on Lucas vs. Wario? Hahah...also, good **** talking about Peach. She's my 3rd so maybe I can deal with Warios finally :( Hope you go to C3 in November. I'll be there. We should play, MM, whatever =D

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Wario is really good against ROB. No lie. It all depends on your style but in my experience of playing good Warios [and I'm told my ROB isn't horrible]...ugh. it really sucks *** :( :( :(

@SlikVik: any input on Lucas vs. Wario? Hahah...also, good **** talking about Peach. She's my 3rd so maybe I can deal with Warios finally :( Hope you go to C3 in November. I'll be there. We should play, MM, whatever =D
nope. i have very little experience with lucas vs wario. all i know is that i have very little trouble gimping him. i'd be glad to give you matchup experience but maybe not at C3. the venue owner at C3 is a douche so i dont like supporting his tournaments, but who knows. i'll mm anybody so yea, lets do it whenever.

edit: yoshi fanboys are annoying. congrats on not sucking versus one or two characters.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I'm not saying that Yoshi's god tier. Low is good for him.

Oh, and Yoshi ***** the following characters:

Wario
Squirtle
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Samus

The following are, IMO, Yoshi's toughest matchups:

Falco
Mr. Game & Watch
Lucario
Marth
Link

Ace55

Smash Lord
Yoshi doesn't **** Captain Falcon o_0

Now I understand why he low/bottom tier:laugh:.

Luigi ***** Wario, Yoshi just has an uber stall tactic chaingrab. But first you have to grab us (while we're not under a platform that is).

toasty

Smash Hero
dude that owner is a complete a.sshole for real...I called ahead one time to ask about spectator fees so my friends who were traveling with us, for the fun and experience of the entire weekend but not for the tourney, could come to the event and not have to pay out the *** and the guy was like "5 bucks" [I think...don't recall] and then we get to the venue and he charged my friends ten bucks [I wasn't there at the time]...and then I was like "hey I called earlier this week and you said it'd be 5 bucks" and he looked really plssed off and was like "fine, yeah just tell them it's five and I'll give their money back"

but C3 is the closest thing I got to awesome smash tourneys :( SoVa is getting bigger as a tourney worthy region, but we only have like 25 people regularly ;____;

be on the lookout for my massive summer event next year. I want it to be bigger than Pound 3. And it'll be cheaper ^_^ [most I can see it costing is like...35? that's teams, singles, venue...it'll be closer to 30 though. 15 singles, 10 each for teams, and 5-10 for venue :)]

details in about a month =D

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi ***** Wario. Nuff said.
I wouldn't say he ***** Wario, but he does have the advantage, especially because of the infinite. Without the infinite the match is basically even. SOOO, don't get grabbed and this match is even.(however I get grabbed about three times a match so this is easier said than done)

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Yoshi has been good to a certain extent in all three games, I HATE when people underate him.. I don't feel like explaining (as always) but if someone baits me to expect a giant wall of text.

cyclops4ever

Smash Apprentice
i wanna see the wall of text.....

oh yeah toasty its me dama! i can tell ya how to beat wario sama. but its gona cost you! lol but seriously one thing you didnt do againt me was gimp my recovery. do it! anything can stop it, lazas gyro your teeny robot arms etc.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Wall of text, wall of text, wall of text, wall of text, wall of text!!!

Yoshi sucks, you in with his tongue.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Funny how this old topic got bumped :).

I've updated the original post with some numbers. Anyone who wants to discuss numbers here is welcome.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
yoshi sucks balls...he sucked in 64, melee, and now...wall of text away. it doesnt change the fact that yoshi nevers wins tournies
I didn't mean in that way, I've known he hasn't won a tournament.. I just hate when inexperienced people just say he isn't good without any reason (Your's was, he has never been a tournament viable character which is completely acceptable) he has some decent points characterwise with djc in n64/melee. There are far worse characters.. Like Ness and Kirby in melee.

cyclops4ever

Smash Apprentice
that wall of text was weak...but lemme tell ya something.... i respect you. :) n toasty, i think im maining ganon.lol your robot is nice im proud to bave touched ur toaster

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah see I was expecting you to main Ganon in our Brawl MM and my heart sank when I saw Wario :(

your Wario is maaad good...also: I almost never even had a CHANCE to gimp your recovery >_> I'll be prepared next time, though =D

We also need more Ness Vs. Ganon in Melee!!!

oh and just for you...here's a pic of my toaster...glad you gave it some love =D

there's a picture of us somewhere, but it was during our Melee matches...and...well...it's kind of hilariously bad haha

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
**** that's a shiny toaster. You don't seriously carry that around with you to tourneys, do you?

I think we should make this thread into a pic thread with tourney pics and stuff. Screw getting the upper hand in matchups.

toasty

Smash Hero
I usually wear the chord as a belt and then hang the toaster around my neck.

Short story:
I'm toasty.
I'm a host.
I entertain.
People started shouting "TOASTY TOOOAAAST" much like "FLAVOR FLAAAAAV" when I'd win or when I'd walk in...then I thought: he's got a big *** clock around his neck...why can't I have a toaster?
Next: ebay.

Next: welding studio at my university where a friend and I were going to go crazy with pimping this thing out.

Next: the art professor telling us that the toaster is chrome and welding it will destroy it.

so no chain. no cool designs :( But I'm going to end up attaching a chain with rivets, eventually...

I try to take it with me to every tourney [since July], but Critical Hit 3 was the only one where I wore it the ENTIRE day. For the most part I keep it with me for good luck. It's my source of positive energy ^_^

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I usually wear the chord as a belt and then hang the toaster around my neck.

Short story:
I'm toasty.
I'm a host.
I entertain.
People started shouting "TOASTY TOOOAAAST" much like "FLAVOR FLAAAAAV" when I'd win or when I'd walk in...then I thought: he's got a big *** clock around his neck...why can't I have a toaster?
Next: ebay.

Next: welding studio at my university where a friend and I were going to go crazy with pimping this thing out.

Next: the art professor telling us that the toaster is chrome and welding it will destroy it.

so no chain. no cool designs :( But I'm going to end up attaching a chain with rivets, eventually...

I try to take it with me to every tourney [since July], but Critical Hit 3 was the only one where I wore it the ENTIRE day. For the most part I keep it with me for good luck. It's my source of positive energy ^_^
That's pretty bada** for you to wear that like a chain, I could see where that would get heavy after awhile too lol.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
**** that's a shiny toaster. You don't seriously carry that around with you to tourneys, do you?

I think we should make this thread into a pic thread with tourney pics and stuff. Screw getting the upper hand in matchups.
Yes, I suppose we should.

Top Bottom