• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warcraft 3 Anyone???

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
I just started getting back into it and was wondering if anyone still has this amazing game and would want to play some matches.

finalark

SNORLAX
WC3 is some of the most fun I have ever had at a LAN party, aside from Halo CE. The best part is that the game is so old now that you can just play it on your laptop instead of dragging your entire desktop to your buddy's place.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mostly liked making custom maps in Warcraft 3

I knew how to do anything in the map editor at one time

I moved on to Starcraft 2, but I couldn't figure out how to do anything in the map editor

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, I'm one of those persons too who only ever played custom maps. The most time I spent with the game in the soon a decade I've played it is in the World Editor. That Trigger Editor is too good.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone by chance still have the game that would want to try some 1v1s or 2v2s?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ahh, I used to have WC 3 but it stopped working on my computer and have no idea where it is now lol. I loved it, though.

Crispywaffles

Smash Rookie
I just recently bought a copy of the WC3 battlechest if you'd like to play sometime? I am relatively new to WC having only played off a flash drive for LAN parties at school. So...... I'm a noob lol.

finalark

SNORLAX
I just recently bought a copy of the WC3 battlechest if you'd like to play sometime? I am relatively new to WC having only played off a flash drive for LAN parties at school. So...... I'm a noob lol.
Just play through the campaigns. They actually teach you how how each race works pretty well IMO.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I would argue that the campaign plays less like a real online match than in most rts titles. Having to level up your hero(s) from lvl1 each game and managing effective creeping/hindering theirs is one of the most important aspects of a 1v1 and is totally absent from campaign missions. That said, the game is sweet. I was always sort of sad about how dota for the most part eclipsed the actual game it was built off of.

finalark

SNORLAX
I would argue that the campaign plays less like a real online match than in most rts titles. Having to level up your hero(s) from lvl1 each game and managing effective creeping/hindering theirs is one of the most important aspects of a 1v1 and is totally absent from campaign missions. That said, the game is sweet. I was always sort of sad about how dota for the most part eclipsed the actual game it was built off of.
That is true, but playing the campaign does help you get the ropes IMO.

Plus since everyone and their dog plays LoL most people playing WC3 for the first time these days will probably instinctively jungle due to that game.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
I played the campaign all the time as a kid, but never beat it. Going back now and playing people online makes me realize how much of the game I actually did not play.

Top Bottom