• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wanting to delete, but don't know how.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
IIRC, there's also a marked difference in the number of people successfully obtaining degrees.
I guess you'd have to consider that, too. Whether or not that's stemming from people's indolence or the crappy economy, well, it could go both ways. Without evidence to the contrary, I can see why the crappy economy could be the culprit. Here in Florida, they jacked up the requirements for our state-sponsored Bright Futures Scholarships as part of a fiscal downsizing initiative. Keeping the actual scholarship is a little bit trickier, too. I wish I could dig up articles about it...

(Now that I think about it, I seem to recall reading somewhere about the Sallie Mae loans being harder to obtain as well.)

Also, here in Florida, the price of tuition is going up for various colleges and universities. It's estimated that unless there's some super dee duper turnaround in the next couple of years, skipping merrily along to academia is going to be costing you fifteen percent more than what it is now. They're steadily hiking up the rates due to the fact that it's tougher and tougher to get money for support. More economic crunching.

Good point, Ryker.

Smooth Criminal

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
ive tried my best to follow the occupy movement, the amount of tards on facebook/twitter etc that take part in it to gain status likes and cool hashtags i find is really annoying almost so much to the point where the message becomes so dilluted to **** that the whole thing seems like a waste of time,that pertains to nothing but i felt the need to vent about it haha

atleast something is being tried,there seems to be a genuine intent behind it so i support the informed participants in it.. though im sure we can all agree that nothing will come of it...i wish i had been born in ancient greece..just not gay tho
This is correct- maybe only 2% of these protestors have any understanding of economics or wealth distribution. Most even have a distorted sense of capitalism- what you're seeing in the United States isn't truly capitalism, it's a crooked system designed to favour the wealthy. The rich, or bourgeoisie, evade paying taxes while charging interest at the same time. Corporatist media also negatively impacts the general populace.

That isn't what a true free-trade capitalistic system is supposed to entail. The image of #OWS was tarnished a long time ago, like it is whenever the mainstream population decides to get involved.

Purple

Hi guys!
Hm, it's very interesting to hear about the Occupy movement from a non-American perspective.

As for Occupy itself, while I agree with some of what they're saying, I have a really hard time actually sympathizing with the people in it, or even the movement itself.
Yeah this **** right here makes the whole movement sloppy.

A lot of the people in the movement can't really be respected for their opinion, whether because they are ignorant of the actual issues, or they just act in ways that are irresponsible. Sure, everyone has the right to protest, however laws are still around and structured that make these protests have to be performed a certain way.

A way that much of the Occupy Movement, seems to be ignoring.

I feel this movement is slowly going no where, in the beginning, when the movement had a lot of shock value, was when the Occupy movement felt like it had weight. Lately though, the lack of an actual goal and leader has left the movement looking worthless.

Top Bottom