• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Want to play Falcon against sheik. Tips Anyone

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
I've lost to a sheik in every tourney I went to so far. I want to find a way to win this MU. Any tips on what Falcon can do in this MU will help me greatly.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
I am bad at combos on shiek but here is some neutral game advise.

Try not to run up nair approach at all for lower %. If you are going to nair at low %, do it starting stationary so you can tip it and follow up with a quick shffl knee to punish a crouch cancel attempt, which will lead to grab. Space out some good bairs vs her tilts and possibly work on stomping her. Dash dance into shield when she threatens a possible dash attack. If she leaves the ground, try and punish her, however be careful of needles intercepting you. Hope these are a good few tips in the right direction for you.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Uhh if you play Marth, Sheik and Falcon... you're putting yourself at a horrible disadvantage using your Falcon against Sheiks.

But anyways, Sheiks can destroy you if you have bad DI. There's nothing stopping a Sheik from F/D/U tilting you 6 times if you keep holding in. So if they catch you with multiple tilts, you NEED to DI away and get back to a neutral position.

Watch for crouch cancels. If it's very obvious you can get a free stomp or knee except for at super low percents (which it will still trade with whatever they do)

Know your %s in general, this is VERY important with your grabs: 0-30ish downthrow can lead to regrabs if they don't DI, you can also try techchasing if they DI away. At 30% up throw nair/upair leads into lots of stuff. Around 70%-100% you can up throw directly into knee guaranteed. Any higher they can jump out of it but d-throw can sometimes lead into knee I think.

When Sheik is recovering it's very important to grab the ledge, force her to recover on stage, often times you can stomp (to knee) or knee her from the ledge and put on some serious damage. Also a tip using a regular get up can be helpful instead of the longer roll animation from ledge to punish her recovery.

Sheik can really stuff lots of Falcons approaches with her tilts, your best bet is to make her whiff or overextend with some dashdance baits.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head

Last edited:

Waverider900

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2578-4178-8486
this is small, but I've found Sheik mains get really salty when they can't hit Falcon/ get comboed by him. so just play with them a bit to make them mad and that'll make your job easier

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
I play marth who also has a problem against sheik. I decided to just pick jiggz against sheik if I can since that's basically the only disadvantageous matchup for sheik (except maybe fox).

0Room

Smash Lord
Falcon Index Thread is the fountain of knowledge you so seek.
Dude it feels so weird that it's still stickied after all this time
But yeh that's probably where I would start, even though I do have a lot of personal experience with the match up that's probably where I would look.

I play marth who also has a problem against sheik. I decided to just pick jiggz against sheik if I can since that's basically the only disadvantageous matchup for sheik (except maybe fox).
Marth Sheik is not fun at all :(

Short version of CF/Sheik is that you can combo her as well as she can combo you with FH2xuairs and nair and stuff (depending on DI of course)
Stomp is pretty legit in this MU
uh
Hit her offstage and then edgeguard her

that's my TL;DR version

Top Bottom