• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wanna see my Super smash bros manga? No really.

ScorchMuffins

Smash Rookie
I fear that title may make or break the very thing im trying to do. But I digress. Only because you hear "smashbros manga" and you probably think (immmm going to save myself having to ask myself WHY I clicked on that li-)

Anywho, I own a 3ds, and on this 3ds I got bored and decided to draw a manga/comic thing. On colors3d. Heres my account: http://colorslive.com/author?id=53115

It may be terrible fanfiction to some, or passable fun to others, I dunno.

Heres a page of it if your interested.

BOOM. Anywho, the plot is ridiculous where it exists, Im blantantly also a big fan of Dragonball, so, worth keeping in minnnnd...

Anywho, read it if you wish to, and follow my Colors account to see more as I draw it up.

This was originally just a fun way to practice my art, anatomy, and etc. But I began to get really into it and its a blast to do. Please, its just fan ****, feel free to tell anyone, or even "steal" it, so many colors users and deviant type kids are so afraid of their "things getting stoled" but really, I could care less. This is a hobby of mine now,

So im looking to share it with those who might care, namely, fellow smashbros lovers.

ScorchMuffins

Smash Rookie
That a relief to hear an opinion, good or bad. many pages Ive felt pretty good about, some of the earlier ones kinda suck, but Ive been improving I think, and getting used to the "manga" thing. It looks less "painted" now I think.

I'll go ahead and try to create some interest, but the story is of course, about their universes interacting, starting with Fire emblem, essentially, Lucina, is the main character (I really liked her in FEA, im somewhat hoping she'll be in SSBU/3ds) in a sense, but Im trying to make it feel like its about "everyone"

through these ooooh mysterious orbs called dimension keys (they look just like smashballs) they have randomly appeared in different worlds and dimensions, they have yet to find out where they came from, but they have the power to randomly transport you to other worlds,

only those intune with their "inner chi" can use them, this essentially means, mario, luigi, captain falcon, ness (especially) anyone who can basically spit fire, throw energy balls, etc.

For now its two teams, Im trying to have fun with the team dynamic.

Samus and link are also pivotal, I wanted to do alot with samus, as Im a metroid fan, and she's pretty much the ****.

Anywho, right now its getting very dragonballz, but in a fun way.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
You did that on a 3DS? Cool

I suggest you include a chapter where everyone beats up Pichu or better yet, make him the villian of the story

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Thats some damn good drawing.

Er, it may just be my inner-debater, but maybe you could give 3/4 of the roster a 'Superman Pill" of sorts? I mean, Donkey shouldnt even be able to make Samus blink, let alone K.O. her.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Impressive stuff bro! Especially for the 3DS

I will give your manga a read when i get some free time.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Not sure how much I like the serious tone given the lighthearted nature of Smash.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I only browsed through it, but it looks really cool imo. You definitely deserve an A for effort at least. (:
I look forward to reading it sometime.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Sir, you have inspired me to continue to write my fanfiction adventure/MarthxZeldalololololol, glorious artwork and contribution, good day, sir.

ScorchMuffins

Smash Rookie
@Curmudgeon .....damn, I can completely promise you something very much like that WILL happen, infact, spoiler, most characters have rivals, pichu, will be pikachus rival. I am not even kidding. Thats how much I love this.

@fastblade
Very, very good point. I made a lil spoof avengers movie poster with dk in hulks space,
definitely, hes taken a pill, you can see that briefly when he fights giga bowser. Also, samus is very powerful, etc,

@kingofphantom I can upload 3 pages a day, and often do, theres already 74 pages.

@Dakotabonez 23, so not exactly a prodigy, the last art class I had was in 7th grade,and im pretty much 100% self taught though. Also, much appreciated.

@Hippopotasauce
I feel the same actually, theres alot of my humor sprinkled out in it though, it can be straight up ridiculous. Dont worry, this is the most serious its been, and while I love action, I cant stay serious for too long.

Samus almost killed pikachu. Yeup.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm probably going to get some **** for this, but it could be cool to make some Smash tournament references later on. Or have the references become learned techniques. You know, L-canceling, wavedashing, reverse aerial rush, dash dancing, DACUS, etc. Totally up to you, of course. If you have a tablet for your computer, I think that would be a better choice for making this stuff.

ScorchMuffins

Smash Rookie
I dont see why, actually after reading this board for a while Ive considered the very same thing, definitely like, wavedashing. The tourney community is too widely loved and apart of the fandom, I definitely want to reference it somehow.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon is Dio Brando!

Just looking at the first image, I'm impressed. I personally draw best on a Wii U Gamepad though. Find the stylus cursor finicky. Anyways, I'll look at more of it sooner or later.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Seriously, ScorchMuffins. This is the amount of stylization and character design I wish to obtain! How long have you been drawing manga style?

All I can really do is write worth a damn and draw on Miiverse.

ScorchMuffins

Smash Rookie
Seriously, ScorchMuffins. This is the amount of stylization and character design I wish to obtain! How long have you been drawing manga style?

All I can really do is write worth a damn and draw on Miiverse.
Well, thats actually the number one reason I decided to do this, as practice heh. Not too long, but Ive been drawing actiony poses and stuff for yeears. The black and white deal took some getting used too.

Heres another page, a little less intense.

Oh...yeah. I guess I should mention the name, its UniversalSmash. Based on the pre ND reveal tentative title smashbros universe.

Hmm, heres a older one. I guess its not THAT bad, Ive definitely improved, theres little background though, I was lazier a few months ago I guess.
Dont worry lucina doesnt act like a wuss or anything, this was just for fun.

Btw thats lucina in the last panel, I gave her a temporary new look. I like her design in FEA but it just kinda irks me she looks so much like marth, if shes in a sequel she should have her own look of her own eh?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Judging from what I've seen so far, you have a good grasp on characterization. It could be better, but everyone is acting like I would expect them to. They don't even stray morbidly far as you exaggerate them for humor bits. Keep up the good work!

Now I'm convinced to try Colors!3D out myself. :grin:

ScorchMuffins

Smash Rookie
Judging from what I've seen so far, you have a good grasp on characterization. It could be better, but everyone is acting like I would expect them to. They don't even stray morbidly far as you exaggerate them for humor bits. Keep up the good work!

Now I'm convinced to try Colors!3D out myself. :grin:
Thank you! I think so too...and thanks for such a straight forward comment. Yeah, im such a big nintendo fan, so I couldnt bare making any big changes to them.

Id definitely have to recommend it. Ever since the update the social aspect is pretty great, especially if you have friends who use it. If you can look past the constant flood of tweens and assorted fans of varying sanity with varying art skills.....

its a really really great app. Also, some sort of protractor tool wouldnt hurt, but it works well enough.

ScorchMuffins

Smash Rookie
The only problem is that you write "your" instead of "you're"
Oi, good spot. It can be a bit difficult to do dialogue with such limited space, and its even more difficult to actually read what I write on the 3ds from such a distance, so the letters have to be fairly big. I try to save as much space as possible, this is why so far the more wordy pages look kinda meh.

Xiloh

Smash Cadet
<Birusu god of destruction is very amused......about this universal unbalancing.....wonders what will happen next...hmmm

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You have a very dramatic art style; especiall with all of the lines. I really enjoyed it save for some odd grammar sections.

And I am sorry to do this but this really eblongs in the Artwork Enmporium; where most artwork and such go to.

Top Bottom