• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wam's Chaos Game Thread

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do, I have played with him long ago. He is a strong player, and I expect him to do long posts with +s and -s. He can be forceful as well. I think if you guys know of Ryker, he is simply British Ryker. My confidence level in reading him is low though.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Hi all, I'm sooooo excited to be playing a Wam game! For everyone that doesn’t know me, I don’t usually play during working hours PST, I’ll be around for a couple hours after work on weeknights and might make some quick posts in the mornings. I have more time on weekends.

Vote: wam
And, there’s a totally typical opening post from Sabrar.

Therefore I propose we all become cat people
Woof? IGMEOY Deadbananas.

@mod how does my vig shot work, when can I use it?
Well from what little I know of Swiss, he’s not a newbie. And since he’s a dog, I’ll chalk this up to just some puppy screwing around, and not an awkward attempt at rolefishing.
Swiss, any early impressions on the content thus far?

I have no online game experience. Sorry if my replies and such are slow. Ill try and keep up.
Hi Tatertot, welcome to the forum! We’re always happy to have new players. If you have any newbie questions we’ll do our best to answer them. Most of the players in this game aren’t particularly heavy posters, so I think the content level should be manageable.

Anyone that refuses to become a cat people is definitely anti-town.
Grrr. IGMEOY HeuryAlone

1. D1 Yeet Swiss
2. N1 Cop bessie
3. D2 Yeet ranmaru
4. N2 Cop bessie

Easy win
If this is your foolproof plan, do we need a N2?

If I'm mafia, I don't try at all.
I don't necessarily think that's true. I think you played an excellent mafia game in Refrigerator Mafia. But yeah you didn’t play a great mafia game in Monstrous Masquerade II Mafia.

That's not necessarily true, I remember a particular game (Monstrous Masquerade? bessie should know this, she co-modded with DJ) when you were SK and I exposed your Ninja-power. I don't remember you resigning to your fate, you actually fought hard to avoid the yeet.
Well you could just look it up yourself. Are you trying to distract me with busy work?
Heury was mafia in that one, I can’t remember the game where he was serial killer, perhaps it will come to me.

Oh, I misread it because that possibility never occurred to me.
1615854458640.png

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Woof? IGMEOY Deadbananas.
sadcat.jpg

I don't necessarily think that's true. I think you played an excellent mafia game in Refrigerator Mafia. But yeah you didn’t play a great mafia game in Monstrous Masquerade II Mafia.
Do you think Heury thinks its true?

ranmaru ranmaru Is Swiss the type to role-fish? Do you think it's anything notable that's his only post so far or is this a pretty par for the course opening?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ranmaru ranmaru Is Swiss the type to role-fish? Do you think it's anything notable that's his only post so far or is this a pretty par for the course opening?
Yes he is. (As either alignment) Not sure if this is par for the course of him, yet seeing his most recent game as scum, this is a different entrance. It's not something I'd use to tilt my read either way on him, I'd rather see his content to read him. (Reads)

Sabrar

Smash Ace
If this is your foolproof plan, do we need a N2?
We might, the foolproof plan doesn't guarantee that we always yeet correctly, only the endresult is certain.

Heury was mafia in that one, I can’t remember the game where he was serial killer, perhaps it will come to me.
Don't bother, I misremembered. I thought he was the ghost in MMM 2.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
ranmaru ranmaru , tell me about your approach to this game. You are notably less... Ranmaru-y than I recall ever seeing you.

Hi all, I'm sooooo excited to be playing a Wam game! For everyone that doesn’t know me, I don’t usually play during working hours PST, I’ll be around for a couple hours after work on weeknights and might make some quick posts in the mornings. I have more time on weekends.
Been awhile since I've seen you play Town. It's very refreshing.

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
Ooo getting reads based on profile picture update. Will be interesting to see tattertot's alignment flip now.

Wam

Smash Ace
Vote count

Wam - 1 - Sabrar
Tattertot - 1 - Ranmaru
Ranmaru - 1 - Laserguy

Not voting
Bessie
Somitomi
Heury Alone
tattertot
Deadbananas
Swiss

Somitomi has been prodded

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ranmaru ranmaru , tell me about your approach to this game. You are notably less... Ranmaru-y than I recall ever seeing you.
This is true. Originally I planned on sinking my teeth into something, but I had to adapt since I didn't have anything that pinged me strongly. So I began to ask questions instead, and tried to continue discussion. I have a lead right now, but I felt I had to wait on it before mentioning it. I'll go over it in my next post.

Now questions for you. In your #12, why did you use POE as reasoning? Why would you want to know my approach this early? Has it helped you determine my alignment?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
At the moment I suspect Tattertot. They come off as timid and don't feel like they want to answer to the best of their ability. Being a new player, it's understandable if I have to wait a bit to see their play, play out.

Tattertot Tattertot I've mentioned for you to try to think of a suspect list. Have you put some thought into this? If so, please lay out your thought process as to this, or try to write one up today. At the very least, try to give opinions on the players and what alignment you think they may be (town / mafia) and why.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
At the moment I suspect Tattertot. They come off as timid and don't feel like they want to answer to the best of their ability. Being a new player, it's understandable if I have to wait a bit to see their play, play out.
I actually have the same suspect but for for different reasons. I noticed this when they first came in, but wanted to wait a bit to see if they addressed it later. Now is probably a good enough time and works with your timing.

Tattertot Tattertot why did you not react to ranmaru voting you? You said you have no online experience, so I don't expect RVS (random voting stage) to be familiar to you. Yet you never brought up ranmuru voting for you even when he started interacting with you more.

vote Tattertot

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He already posted yesterday, which is why I didn't think to ask.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
This is true. Originally I planned on sinking my teeth into something, but I had to adapt since I didn't have anything that pinged me strongly. So I began to ask questions instead, and tried to continue discussion. I have a lead right now, but I felt I had to wait on it before mentioning it. I'll go over it in my next post.
Good to know, thanks.

Now questions for you. In your #12, why did you use POE as reasoning?
Mostly for humorous effect.

Why would you want to know my approach this early? Has it helped you determine my alignment?
In Sumting Sumting mafia I had trouble reading you because you had dramatically changed your style of play and I ended up wasting a good portion of a day phase tunneling you. I also had a similar problem in Things I Like mafia with Chaco. So I thought I would get ahead of it and see where you were at before I started to make any strong conclusions about you. As to whether it has helped... not yet, but it probably will as the Day goes on.

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
I am also leaning on tattertot being mafia. They've been online reading the thread, but only answers some of the questions addressed. Also, newer players are hardest to read. Could be newbie syndrome or mafia syndrome. If tattertot flips mafia, I think that also clears ranmaru, since I doubt ranmaru would bus a newbie scrum partner so early on. Dead banana likely cleared for some reason (but ranmaru slightly more cleared for mentioning it first).

Tattertot

Smash Cadet
Ive been ask who I suspect and my reasoning and Ive put some thought into it as Ive watched the thread. ranmaru ranmaru has been pressuring me with questions since the begin. Maybe its me being new or maybe its them using me as being new to draw the attention away from them. Also I chose my new profile pic last night after the discussion of cats and dogs and was hoping people would read that as me saying I am town but I think it was missed. I didnt respond immediately to his vote on me either because its day one and things are still getting going. Though only knowing one person on this thread makes it harder for me to get a read just yet but Ill get there.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I am also leaning on tattertot being mafia. They've been online reading the thread, but only answers some of the questions addressed. Also, newer players are hardest to read. Could be newbie syndrome or mafia syndrome. If tattertot flips mafia, I think that also clears ranmaru, since I doubt ranmaru would bus a newbie scrum partner so early on. Dead banana likely cleared for some reason (but ranmaru slightly more cleared for mentioning it first).
I'm not really a fan of this take. It's mainly hedge without committing a vote to the cause. Then it goes into some flip association, which I very much disagree with at this point. I think it's totally possible that a scum partner could bus this early into the game, since its less likely to stick. I'd rather look at associations after seeing how this develops more.

Could you be a bit more specific about why to you answering only a few questions give you mafia vibes?

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I didnt respond immediately to his vote on me either because its day one and things are still getting going.
So you didn't find it odd/ worrying that you had been voted already?
Ive been ask who I suspect and my reasoning and Ive put some thought into it as Ive watched the thread.
Could you elaborate and walk us through your thoughts so far? Is there more than the ran bit?

Swiss

Smash Lord
First and foremost, do I know anyone here other than Ranmaru?

#15 Huery dislike

#16 DB confident town read

#18 Sabrar dislike

#19 But Sabrar/Huery won't both be scum

#20 Bizarre you pick me out here. Someone you don't know and have no meta info? Talk to me

#22 Huh

#26 Laserguy is this real content or you just saying stuff to start the game?

#27 Sabrar telling us how he plays as scum, classic trick by scum tot hen play differently.
" I'm more often obv!Town when actually Town and just skate by on the sidelines when scum "
QUESTION: How experienced is Sabrar?
ranmaru ranmaru equate his skill to someone i know

#28 DB town again

Swiss

Smash Lord
First and foremost, do I know anyone here other than Ranmaru?

#15 Huery dislike

#16 DB confident town read

#18 Sabrar dislike

#19 But Sabrar/Huery won't both be scum

#20 Bizarre you pick me out here. Someone you don't know and have no meta info? Talk to me

#22 Huh

#27 Sabrar telling us how he plays as scum, classic trick by scum tot hen play differently.
" I'm more often obv!Town when actually Town and just skate by on the sidelines when scum "

#28 DB town again

I do, I have played with him long ago. He is a strong player, and I expect him to do long posts with +s and -s. He can be forceful as well. I think if you guys know of Ryker, he is simply British Ryker. My confidence level in reading him is low though.
I almost choked on my tea. Ryker is an American me. Less engaging, less intelligent and less humble.

What on earth is this cat and dog thing.

Swiss, any early impressions on the content thus far?
I like to take it easy and never hard accuse early on. Better for me to stay alive as long as possible.

Anyway I presume you're town so coolio.

Very town opening by me. Always role fish. So that's a good clear - well done detective.

Yes he is. (As either alignment) Not sure if this is par for the course of him, yet seeing his most recent game as scum, this is a different entrance. It's not something I'd use to tilt my read either way on him, I'd rather see his content to read him. (Reads)
Oh Ranmaru I really wanted to like you this game. Why is my entrance different?

Also be honest are you you any good at this game yet? When last we played, if I equated you to a biscuit you would be a Rich Tea - ever present but never anyone's first choice, you know? Like just plain. Not bad per se. Just, not good for dipping or snacking.

#48 like Laserguy

#49 Sabrar why?

#55 Ranmaru pushing the quiet, new inactive, player as the lynch top kek xd someone get me my joke book I'll add that one in.

#56 Bet you wish you hadn't said that now.

Swiss

Smash Lord
1) Laserguy town
2) Bessie town
3) Sabrar scum
4) Somitomi who
5) Heury Alone eh
6) Ranmaru eh
7) tattertot town
8) Deadbananas town
9) Swiss werewolf

Vote: Sabrar

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So I thought I would get ahead of it and see where you were at before I started to make any strong conclusions about you. As to whether it has helped... not yet, but it probably will as the Day goes on.
I would like you to expand on this more. I thought how you handled my slot in something something mafia was better actually.

Tattertot

Smash Cadet
Im also not a fan of this take. I like to be on and observe a bit before just picking someone as mafia. I like having a good reason and Im of the mind set of innocent until proven guilty so unless someone gives me a reason to make me think they are mafia I will think they are town. As of right now ranmaru ranmaru is the only one thats given me a reason to think they may be mafia due to there investment in finding someone so fast. I also have a off feeling about Sabrar Sabrar but no good reason yet so just looking for one.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
adding onto my earlier questions for you.
Im also not a fan of this take.
Could you elaborate as to why? Are you saying its a bad take, or you think its bad in a mafia way?
due to there investment in finding someone so fast.
why is this a bad thing?
I also have a off feeling about Sabrar Sabrar Sabrar Sabrar but no good reason yet so just looking for one.
mmm let me know when you can think of that. Preferably before Swiss elaborates more on his case on Sabrar.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Swiss Swiss could you elaborate more on your laserguy read when you get the chance? From what I saw your like for him was because he had a similar read on Bessie to you. Right now Laser is neutral for me, with a little more weight towards scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sworddancer maybe? Sabrar is me 2.0.

Oh Ranmaru I really wanted to like you this game. Why is my entrance different?
Your #18 in Mafia and Werewolves is different than this entrance. You also go into your belief on rolefishing in your profile. Doesn't mean much, my entrance and approach is also different this game. Why do you say 'I really wanted to like you this game'? I don't see how my answer is of concern when it is factual.

Also be honest are you you any good at this game yet? When last we played, if I equated you to a biscuit you would be a Rich Tea - ever present but never anyone's first choice, you know? Like just plain. Not bad per se. Just, not good for dipping or snacking.
I'm better at it for sure.

#55 Ranmaru pushing the quiet, new inactive, player as the lynch top kek xd someone get me my joke book I'll add that one in.
Swiss, what's the point to this? I think you know that I'd push anyone regardless of skill. So I'd like for you to elaborate on this.

#56 Bet you wish you hadn't said that now.
No, this is what I want out of you.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Current list

Town
Swiss
Bessie
Ranmaru
Sabrar
Somi - true neutral
Laserguy
Heury
Tattertot
Scum

Tattertot

Smash Cadet
So you didn't find it odd/ worrying that you had been voted already?

Could you elaborate and walk us through your thoughts so far? Is there more than the ran bit?
I didnt worry because I expected some votes since Im new and that can be used in so many ways and there's still lots that can happen between now and the end of day one. Like I responded to HeuryAlone HeuryAlone I like to watch peoples reactions to things and wait for a reason to think them mafia or town. HeuryAlone HeuryAlone said he doesn't try if he is mafia and to me he doesnt seem to be trying to hard but maybe thats due to things still getting started but Im now watching that. ranmaru ranmaru has asked me lots of questions and pushed for me to suspect someone withing the first 24 hours which I feel is trying to hard. I also noticed Swiss Swiss hardly messaged me in their response to everything happening but they did say they thought I was town so I don't think they are mafia or they might have agreed and kept the pressure on me which would have benefitted them if they were mafia. Those are the only ones if seen anything on but there's still plenty of time left for others to do things to change my mind.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tattertot Tattertot We have a deadline of five days, and we are on the second day. Does that change your thought of me being invested in a fast manner?

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I didnt worry because I expected some votes since Im new and that can be used in so many ways and there's still lots that can happen between now and the end of day one. Like I responded to HeuryAlone HeuryAlone I like to watch peoples reactions to things and wait for a reason to think them mafia or town. HeuryAlone HeuryAlone said he doesn't try if he is mafia and to me he doesnt seem to be trying to hard but maybe thats due to things still getting started but Im now watching that. ranmaru ranmaru has asked me lots of questions and pushed for me to suspect someone withing the first 24 hours which I feel is trying to hard. I also noticed Swiss Swiss hardly messaged me in their response to everything happening but they did say they thought I was town so I don't think they are mafia or they might have agreed and kept the pressure on me which would have benefitted them if they were mafia. Those are the only ones if seen anything on but there's still plenty of time left for others to do things to change my mind.
Thanks for elaborating, that helps me understand more.

Also let me know if you feel I am being too aggressive with you, I'll still push, but I don't want to be overbearing or rude.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Vote: Swiss

I'm okay to thunderdome with Swiss. They are actually not interested in any answer I would provide (a player who they have no experience with), they just declare me to be scum and are done with it.

#18 Sabrar dislike
Explain why.

Because you're the British Ryker and I had a bad experience with them.

It's not at all about how I play, it's about how people read me. Why not ask them to confirm this?

#49 Sabrar why?
There were 2 possibilities:
1. If Tattertot changed their avatar then I wanted to know why they chose specifically a cat after DB's comment.
2. If they had that avatar from the start I wanted to know why DB didn't mention them in #6.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
All of my reads are real. They're some combination of gut/tone/meta/soul reads. Most of the reads I've made are on players that I know pretty well and believe I have some idea of what to look for. The only exception is Bananas who has just been obvTowning pretty hard.

I've played around 20 games with him. He knows what he's doing.

I would like you to expand on this more. I thought how you handled my slot in something something mafia was better actually.
I seem to recall you found me very frustrating at the time. My feeling on my play that game (and similarly with Chaco in TIL) was that I expended too much effort pursuing you, when there were very good reasons to be focusing my attention on other areas that would have ended up being more productive (particularly bessie and Sabrar who I had lingering suspicions of but never really resolved anything before I was NKed).

Top Bottom