• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Jo, can you add me to the list of the supporters? I'm following this thread for 6 months already, but never bothered to post something in it, lol.

D

Deleted member

There was really no doubt they would come back, and it was a strong possibility that ol' WAA would remain an Assist anyway, so....I'm not really affected by this.
Whatever happens happens.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
26 Grimace Lane, Mushroom Kingdom, IMG EEK
waaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
( this should be his in-game entrance)

WALUIGI IS BACK. NOW THE THREAD IS FUNNY AGAIN

Okay guys. I know this thread has been going low for a few days. I guess it´s because Smashboards went offline. Or people are too busy ( me included) playing Project M 3.0. But i´m back with a few things you should notice

1. Apparently, this is an old screenshot of the Super Mario Kun comic in Japan. It seems that the page decipted Wario about to do something nasty and his friend or brother was trying to talk to him about it
Notice something familiar ? Here´s another picture( a fan drawing):

And i´ve visited the Japanese info regarding Waluigi. Apparently Waluigi was indeed created to be Wario´s partner in crime. They planned to give him names like "Jerogi" or "Jinani" until they decided that Waruiji was better. You can check the japanese mario wiki. If the screenshot is true and they did create Waluigi out of a manga prototype, this pretty much debunks the "created only for tennis" argument

2. People in Japan ( from my researches) claim that Waluigi didn´t show up in Mario Kart 7 because "the game is meant for foreigners, and they don´t like Waluigi ". If you make some researches on japanese Mario forums or Pixiv, you will see they like this character a lot more than we do.

3. Screenshot from BS Super Mario Bros USA ( an remake of Super mario Bros 2). The man is King Osama´s commander. The image speaks for itself.

4. The day Waluigi won

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
2. People in Japan ( from my researches) claim that Waluigi didn´t show up in Mario Kart 7 because "the game is meant for foreigners, and they don´t like Waluigi ". If you make some researches on japanese Mario forums or Pixiv, you will see they like this character a lot more than we do.
They think we like Honey Queen?

What America are they looking at?

D

Deleted member

The point of King Osama's commander falls apart; there's little to no connection between him and Waluigi.

Now, you want a better comparison that is quite coincidental, look at Boyacky from Tatsunoko Production's Yatterman anime.

He existed before Mario did.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
The point of King Osama's commander falls apart; there's little to no connection between him and Waluigi.

Now, you want a better comparison that is quite coincidental, look at Boyacky from Tatsunoko Production's Yatterman anime.

Now there's something I've yet to see. Very interesting.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Waluigi's best chance in Smash 4 is to return as an Assist Trophy, but I can settle for that, it's better than not having him in at all. Waluigi being playable would still be one of the greatest things to ever happen to Super Smash Bros.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I think Waluigi would be the ideal counter character to counter all characters. Think like Diddy in Brawl (he countered a lot of characters iirc), but to a more gimmick-y and maybe even highly technical extent.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
They think we like Honey Queen?

What America are they looking at?

I don´t know anything about their line of thinking. I just saw in Japanese forums those things

I think you misunderstood me. I never meant to say that Waluigi was or was inspired by King Osama´s commander. I just thougth they looked slightly similar. And i´ve seen the Boyacky character before. Honestly, if these two swapped outfits, i wouldn´t be able to tell the difference

D

Deleted member

For some reason, I see Captain Syrup as the perfect Doronjo counterpart.
Sure, she and Wario don't get along that well, but then again, she could easily manipulate him to be a lackey. Hell, she did it in Wario Land: Shake It! and completely screwed Wario over.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Doronjo > Daisy

A pile of dirt >>>>> Daisy

Waiting for you.. Waluigi. Hehehehehe.

WAA !! WALUIGI DOESN´T BACK AWAY! WALUIGI IS NO CHICKEN ( LIKE THAT STUPID GREEN JERK) WALUIGI WILL FIGHT AGAISN´T THE MOON. FOR THAT, HE WILL SUMMON HIS OWN WALUIGIS

WALUIGI OF LIBERTY

WALUIGISAURUS

THE WALUIGI EGG

AND THE MIGHTY WALURAMBO

TOGETHER WE ARE.. THE WALUIGI RANGERS. GIVE ME YOUR BEST SHOT, CHEATER.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Doronjo > Daisy

A pile of dirt >>>>> Daisy

Waiting for you.. Waluigi. Hehehehehe.

WAA !! WALUIGI DOESN´T BACK AWAY! WALUIGI IS NO CHICKEN ( LIKE THAT STUPID GREEN JERK) WALUIGI WILL FIGHT AGAISN´T THE MOON. FOR THAT, HE WILL SUMMON HIS OWN WALUIGIS

WALUIGI OF LIBERTY

WALUIGISAURUS

THE WALUIGI EGG

AND THE MIGHTY WALURAMBO

TOGETHER WE ARE.. THE WALUIGI RANGERS. GIVE ME YOUR BEST SHOT, CHEATER.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I can feel it. Today is the day our almighty Waa will get confirmed.
Trust me I'm a Game Engineer.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Soon as the bell rings (8:45 EST) I'm not going on my phone until I get home, in which case someone will have uploaded the new Nintendo Direct, which I will watch with fervent passion as Waluigi clowns his way through the whole cast.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like Rosalina is in. I hope Waluigi is in too if only because his screams fo pain in Mario Party are the funniest.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
I just saw Rosalina´s trailer...

THAT´S IT !! WALUIGI GIVES UP ! I MEAN, THEY HAVE THE RED LOSER, GREEN CHICKEN, FAT TURTLE, ROYAL ***** AND NOW ROSALINA ! I USED TO BE OKAY WITH THE SPACE QUEEN, BUT SHE IS TAKING WAY TOO MANY SPACE NOW ! FIRST IN MARIO KART 7 AND NOW IN SMASH BROS. AND WERE DOES WALUIGI COME IN ??? I HAVE A MUCH LONGER TIME IN NINTENDO THAN HER ! SHE HAD ONLY 1 IMPORTANT ROLE ! I EXIST FOR A MUCH LONGER TIME AND I HAD 3 ! AND YET THEY FORGET ME AGAIN ! I BET WALUIGI IS GOING TO BE AN ASSIST TROPHY AGAIN, BECAUSE EVERYONE AT NINTENDO HATES HIM.

EVERYONE IS CHEATING ME !!!

WHY CAN´T I CHEAT ??? WAAAAAA

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Well there goes my hope. But its Sakurai. Maybe he also adds Waluigi and ****s on "our" 5 character per franchise rule.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'm honestly not upset about Rosalina over Waluigi right now. There's always other Nintendo Direct releases with Waluigi. Rosalina is looking to be a good fit in this game, I can't wait to play it even more now!

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Well there goes my hope. But its Sakurai. Maybe he also adds Waluigi and ****s on "our" 5 character per franchise rule.

Pfft, with 4 Pokemon characters as potential mainstays (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario and Mewtwo), I see that rule being broken veeeery soon. (This is assuming Mewtwo returns, and with Lucario being extremely popular, as well as Pikachu and Jiggs being veterans). I won't be surprised if the Pokemon series is the first to surpass this 5-man "limit".

D

Deleted member

Good run guys, but unless Waluigi's being lumped with Wario this time around, it's safe to say that Mario's already filled its quota.

Now to wait for that Waluigi PSA to be finished.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Didn´t Sakurai said the game was going to have, like, 20 characters ? And we have 5 characters from the Mario franchise already, with no Wario in sight. My hopes are lost at this moment.

You know, i always thougth that, if it wasn´t Waluigi, it would be Jr. But Rosalina ?? But i should have seen it coming. Sakurai has added less important and less popular characters ( Ice Climbers, R.O.B) in the series before

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Didn´t Sakurai said the game was going to have, like, 20 characters ? And we have 5 characters from the Mario franchise already, with no Wario in sight. My hopes are lost at this moment.
Some people have exxaggerated some stuff, and even Sakurai said something along the lines of "people expecting 40 characters in fighters nowadays". I don't think Waluigi is significantly affected by Rosalina's presence.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Some people have exxaggerated some stuff, and even Sakurai said something along the lines of "people expecting 40 characters in fighters nowadays". I don't think Waluigi is significantly affected by Rosalina's presence.

I think he is. There are 5 mario reps now. I acknowledge that it´s a bit too much when compared to the other franchises that have like 1, 2 or 0 representators. Even if Mario is Nintendo´s main franchise ( and cash cow), the game isn´t "Super Mario Fighters". The game is "Super Smash Bros", where Nintendo´s characters join themselves for a good fight

Waluigi is ( or at least was) the most likely choice for the new Smash Bros. Even if he didn´t have so many people who hate him, he would still be impaired by his lack of roles outside of the spin-off games. Even so, he had 3 major roles: MP 3 ( penultimate boss), DDR: Mario Mix ( main villain) and MP-e ( host of two minigames centered towards him). That´s more than Rosalina ever had. Even so, she got in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom