• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Walled Stage Up-B Glitch

Pixel_

Smash Ace
One of my friends was using :4pacman:and we were fighting in Pac-Land, the Ω form.
He used :4pacman:'s Up-B on the left of the stage, right next to the wall. While he was moving towards the ledge, he went through the wall, into the stage, and fell into an SD. This happened twice...

I'm not sure if this is really anything huge, I personally think it's just the way the stage is shaped, but I felt like it needed to be posted.

I'll try to get a video up if you guys want; I already have it as a replay.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
One of my friends was using :4pacman:and we were fighting in Pac-Land, the Ω form.
He used :4pacman:'s Up-B on the left of the stage, right next to the wall. While he was moving towards the ledge, he went through the wall, into the stage, and fell into an SD. This happened twice...

I'm not sure if this is really anything huge, I personally think it's just the way the stage is shaped, but I felt like it needed to be posted.

I'll try to get a video up if you guys want; I already have it as a replay.
Please do pose a video. That sounds potentially problematic.

flashypirate

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just found that glitch and I think it works on all walled omega forms, I've been trying to replicate it and it seems it is from attacking in the air as the up b happens but I'm not entirely sure, it might just be the stages and PAC-MAN clipping at certain points - I think it is just going through the stages at certain points, have been able to replicate it at just the right point a few time now.

I posted about it on the smash subreddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3abnsb/omega_wily_castle_glitch_through_wall_w_pacman/

Link to my video of it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gMhKb_msBs

I have also just been trying it out on other omega walled stages and it seems flat walled stages do the same thing, with the duckhunt stage having the same issue but can't confirm it works the same on them all.

It seems to be something along the lines of the trampoline being half way into the wall if you use up B right next to it and then using an attack to push you further inwards so you clip through the stage.

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Yep, that looks the same.

Should I edit the title and say it happens on all omega flat stages?

Last edited:

flashypirate

Smash Rookie
I'll try and make a video with all of the stages that it can happen on so I'll have to try it out on the omega walled stages - need to go unlock pacland...

In reply to the title - I'll go unlock pacland (and two other stages I didn't know I didn't have!) now and then test it on all walled omega stages and see if any other stages have it. Should be up tonight or tomorrow.

Appears to not only be omega stages so I'm compiling a full list of omega and non omega that it does work for as much as I can

Last edited:

flashypirate

Smash Rookie
Ok so I've been going through the stages trying to compile the list, it's gonna take a while but a majority of stages do have places where PAC can glitch through and I'm only about 15 stages in but omega that aren't flying, pretty much all of them have the glitch.
Doubt I'll have the video up tonight though but I might post the list.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
So is this a product of just making contact with the wall or actually holding the stick in that direction instead of keeping it in neutral position?

flashypirate

Smash Rookie
So is this a product of just making contact with the wall or actually holding the stick in that direction instead of keeping it in neutral position?
It's holding the stick in the direction pretty much

Also, half way to recording each stage and check it out (Including omegas)

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
There seems to be some weird glitches with the trampoline. In addition, someone showed me this one:

https://vine.co/v/eiaZQOprUwu apparently when the opponent lands on a yellow trampoline and Pac immediately spawns a new one, the opponent falls through the stage. I tested this out with a friend on the Wii U version on Battlefield, the timing is strict, but I could replicate it. I'm going to record some footage of this (crappy quality tho), so I'll post a vid soon. I would assume this works on all stage types and platforms.

Were these glitches present in previous patches, or it's just happening now?

flashypirate

Smash Rookie
There seems to be some weird glitches with the trampoline. In addition, someone showed me this one:

https://vine.co/v/eiaZQOprUwu apparently when the opponent lands on a yellow trampoline and Pac immediately spawns a new one, the opponent falls through the stage. I tested this out with a friend on the Wii U version on Battlefield, the timing is strict, but I could replicate it. I'm going to record some footage of this (crappy quality tho), so I'll post a vid soon. I would assume this works on all stage types and platforms.

Were these glitches present in previous patches, or it's just happening now?
I don't know, I hadn't heard of them before but I also saw another glitch where PAC-MAN gets spiked through his trampoline and through the stage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv-KNIfAgQE

I can only assume it is in v1.0.8 and my best guess is PAC-MAN got patched over his hydrant dropping through stage but instead of patching the hydrant, patched PAC-MAN's body or something like that.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Actually I have a real time replay of the trampoline glitch where an enemy lucas hits up+b, tries to land on my yellow trampoline, and I immediately re-use trampoline and he falls to his death. This was off-stage, though. At first I thought I pulled the trampoline before he touched it but now that this trampoline glitch was mentioned (and after going through the replay again) it looks like the exact phenomenon happened.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I swear, there were so many random bugs when this game came out, and now after every patch there seems to be something new lmao. At least we haven't found any game-breaking glitches... yet.

Sorry for the bad quality (used my phone), but here's what I mean:

Once you get the hang of things, it isn't that hard to replicate the glitch. I wonder when they're gonna patch these glitches up...

flashypirate

Smash Rookie
I swear, there were so many random bugs when this game came out, and now after every patch there seems to be something new lmao. At least we haven't found any game-breaking glitches... yet.

Sorry for the bad quality (used my phone), but here's what I mean:

Once you get the hang of things, it isn't that hard to replicate the glitch. I wonder when they're gonna patch these glitches up...
Yeah, I can pull of the trampoline clip glitch pretty often now too, gonna have to check out these other glitches, look kinda useful while they last, haha

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Time to practice this for laughs since up B out of shield gives us yellow trampoline when used on an opponent. Fun times shall be had harassing For Glory players.

Top Bottom