• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall Jumps On Temple

Corigames

Smash Hero
Today was a goof off day at school where a lot of games ended up being played on temple. I found out today that you can jump backwards from the cave, airdodge up to a grapple on the spike in the cave, pull yourself up and wall jump, double jump, and then screw attack to land on the far left side of the stage. I also found out that you can triple wall jump up the verticle shaft to reach the top quickly and relatively lag free.

The thing that I found most interesting is this:
I was in the center of the stage (the entrance to the cave). I jumped toward that pillar to the right, wall jumped off of it, and then shot a missile to the right. While still in the air after shooting the missile, I wall jumped off the wall to the left and then shot a missile that way. Then I repeated.

Am I the first person, smash boards wise, to find this. It is really cool for spamming missiles across temple in both directions, and lasts as long as you wall jump correctly. Impratical, maybe... flashy, indeed... cool, very.

Flak

Smash Cadet
that last trick you mentioned sounds great. of course, eventually wall jumps start decreasing in power to the point of moving downwards, but it is still very cool. nice find!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Personally, my favorite Temple trick is Grapple cancelling on the vertical shaft and popping out of the shaft with an aerial. Real wtf material.

But yeah, more just neat stuff that you can show off to your friends. Illegal in tournaments.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I know that temple is banned, but it is still fun. And I know that the wall jumps decrease, because I've done that thing on battlefield with wall jumping in the middle on the bottom.

I also tried two new things that I call "Around the World" and "Reverse AtW".

AtW
Go to the cave and jump off (facing left) hugging the wall while bomb jumping. When you reach the very bottom of the stage, just before you die, use your midair jump to start up the other side. Then, air dodge up and grapple the edge; this should bring you in range of grabbing the edge with an ^B.

Reverse AtW
Start on the slope at the bottom of Temple. Jump inbetween the wall and that platform (while facing right) and start bomb jumping while hugging thewall to the left. Keep doing this until you reach the bottom. Just when you are about to die, air dodge up (being careful not to use your double jump yet) and grapple. Make sure to quickly pull yourself up or you will die when dangling. As soon as you pull up, wall jump out. At the peak of the wall jump, use the midair jump and then the screw attack to grab the edge and get up.

Tah dah

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I like the wall jump missile cycle you describe, for sheer entertainment only of course. If you're playing on Hyrule, you're probably playing with friends and messing around, so I usually go with faster more spastic characters like captain or fox anyways. But neat.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yeah, if anyone took this as advanced tactics to preform to boost your game... not really. I just like finding ways to explore as if I were playing super metroid or something.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Does anyone else know any cool stuff you can do with Samus that may not necessarily boost your game, but are fun as hell?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Grapple dropping is something I do for fun and have never seen another samus do >_>...

Run off the edge and immediatly lay a bomb but DI so that you land back on the edge with the bomb off. Now run off the edge and airdodge down and grapple and you will go into your bomb right as it explodes making your grapple stay out for an insanly short amount of time.

So liek, you could hit a fox out of his up B with your grapple and less then half a second later double jump a quick bair on someone trying to edgeguard you XD.

It's fun >_>.

Top Bottom