• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Walk, Don't Run"

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I was lurking around AiB's Wolf Boards and I came across this thread about the uses of walking and how much more useful it is then running, as we have a terrible dash speed and dash attack. The OP looked pretty credible, so I'll the excerpt here to see what you guys think.

Armus said:
Wolf's walking speed isn't much behind his running speed (which is pretty terrible anyways), and you can do any ground move from a walk. Not to mention you can't trip while walking. If you're traveling on land instead of jumping around throwing out Bairs, make sure to walk. Dthrow > Tech Chase (WALK) > Dsmash

Seriously guys, don't run.
Wolf isn't made to run.
Discuss.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
it works, and i feel wolfs should do this more since u def. have more options

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Walking is really important in Brawl because you can't crouch cancel your dash like Melee. Never thought I'd see a fighting game where people actually walk up to each other. xD

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
not just with wolf with everyone, even characters with good dashes. I've been saying this for months. But wolf is one character that you never ever really need to run with ever.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
If I really need to move long distances, I go for a flash cancel. Wolf's running speed is so pathetic, it's like ganondorf's.

:059:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Walking 100% of the time is just as dumb as running 100% of the time. Mix it up. Just because his dash attack isn't too great doesn't mean that it can't land a good hit or two.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
running is still better....that lil extra speed is very useful....you need to run to ppl to keep the preasure on opponents....good players wont fall for walking

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Walking 100% of the time is just as dumb as running 100% of the time. Mix it up. Just because his dash attack isn't too great doesn't mean that it can't land a good hit or two.
>: (

Dash attack is very easy to punish and his up smash is purty bad too, obviously for a guaranteed hit go for it, but through out laggy easily punished moves is not a good idea. most characters, wolf espeacially has much better options out of walk with dtilt and jab. and considering you have your lazer running to your character at all shouldn't be the highest thing on your to do list.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Fixed the title. Walking and running should be mixed together, in my opinion. DAC requires that you of course, run, so that's one of the main pros of running in general, other than the speed boost. Wolf's dash speed, on the other hand, has a near zero difference in speed with his walking speed, so his option with his dash are pretty minimal.

You still have access to DAC, Dash Dancing, and Sliding Pivot Grabs when running, so running with Wolf still has its pros.

Top Bottom