• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wait, what do you mean "attack timing is off"?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Yeah. I went to Gaming Universe in Framingham for a Melee Tourney. I didn't do so well, but that's okay.

While I was there, I got the chance to play the Japanese version of Brawl, which had every character unlocked. My younger brother, Paul, decided to try out the game while I was playing Melee with a friend. He was using Luigi. When he was done, I asked him how the game was and he said something along the lines of "the attack timing is weird. I dunno if it's the controller or what, but it's just weird."

So I tried it out. I was playing as Link (whom I found out is awesome still). And like he was saying, the timing seemed weird. When I jumped to do an aerial attack, the timing was about a millisecond off. It was if the game "needed a millisecond of time to process the button I pressed."

Yes, I am aware that the physics are slower than Melee, but I thought that they would be like Smash 64. If I press the A button, I expect Link to slash at the same time that I press the button, not a millisecond after.

Is this actually in the game or is it just me?

And, for the record, I was able to play as Mario, Luigi, Link, Ness, and Lucas. Lucas's fair seems good. :D

ZeeAyKay

Smash Rookie
It could have possibly been the TV that created a delay. Do you know what kind it was?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
It could have possibly been the TV that created a delay. Do you know what kind it was?
It was some widescreen. The quality was nice, but I couldn't really hear sound, so I have no idea if it was off.

Does this delay happen to you or no? Or do you not have the game?

AerialAce!

Smash Rookie
I can't tell you for sure, since I won't get my copy until tomorrow morning, but HDTVs are notorious for creating display delays. Odds are, the game has nothing wrong with it.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I can't tell you for sure, since I won't get my copy until tomorrow morning, but HDTVs are notorious for creating display delays. Odds are, the game has nothing wrong with it.
Thanks for the info!

Yeah, when I was playing against the other people there, I was losing often because I was trying to time out my attacks based on what the TV was displaying.

Hopefully this isn't actually a problem with the game.

Top Bottom