• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waddle dee's- Offensive use, or merely an opening?

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Well, considering the fact that we don't exactly know how waddle dees work, we have been given one description.

"They waddle around".

As your opponent is busy trying to defeat the annoying little waddle dee(s), could this be an opening for you to attack?

Sakurai planned this perfectly. From what I hear, you can move with the charged hammer. A heavyweight character with strategic value.

Oh boy, if he is able to float, or has some form of multiple jump... I sense some large potential.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
well i'm thinking they're like mr. saturns and the opponent can pick them up while they walk around. if that's the case, there won't be much "fighting" with the waddle dees. :/

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I think their going to be like Redeads/koopas/etc from melee. Why would the opponent be able to pick up a Waddle Doo? it trys to attack them

Dedede throws them out then their like that, they cant be picked up or thrown like items. Dedede cant hold onto them like turnips, the opponent wont be able to.

What is going to be cool is you can inhale waddle dees/doos and spit them as star projectiles, so that adds to his projectile game. You make your own ammo to spit. :chuckle:

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Depends. We still have to see how his inhaling move works. I for one think it merely spits the opponent back out at a considerable distance.

And I don't think you'll be able to damage your own waddle dees, or recieve damage.

Though I'm probably wrong. Oh well we'll just have to see won't we :T

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Kirby could inhale redeads/koopas/etc in melee and spit them as stars. I expect Dedede to be able to do just the same.

Im pretty sure youll be able to kill your own waddle dees, but they wont damage you Im guessing. Yeah we could be wrong though only wait and see. But Im guessing any contact will send the waddle dees flying.

But yeah I see them being like redeads/koopas/goombas, Dedede tosses them out he dosent hold them like turnips. Doubt the opponent would be able to hold them.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I think their going to be like Redeads/koopas/etc from melee. Why would the opponent be able to pick up a Waddle Doo? it trys to attack them

Dedede throws them out then their like that, they cant be picked up or thrown like items. Dedede cant hold onto them like turnips, the opponent wont be able to.
Too bad Dedede couldnt hold on to the Waddle Dee's like a Peach Turnip, that'd be really interesting to see in future games since he'd be somewhat like Link and Peach.

And I really wished the Waddle Dee's had a chance to get parasols. Launch a couple of those in the air and you have floating headaches on your hands.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Im wondering how fast he can throw another Waddle. If he can spam them, he might be the most rigged character in the nation. But it's prob going to be one at a time o.O. Pooopiez.
He might be another Peach. Floaty, and spammy.

I think the Waddle Dee's are more like Mr. Saturns. But they're pretty big so that dashes my ideas down.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I really think they are like koopas/goombas. They attack you and you get hurt running into them, and Dedede dosent hold onto them like turnips pretty sure based on what weve seen. I really really doubt you pick them up at all.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Who needs to hit them across the stage like a missile, when youll be able to inhale them and spit them as star missles :)

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
King Dedede learned to copy Kirby with floating and inhaling in hopes it would make him able to beat him, and has done it since the beginning so I dont think its "too kirby" at all

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
No idea, Im guessing a ton. Imagine a king dedede 4 player match? :crazy: but in this pic of his final smash.

I see 7 :bigthumbu

T-major

Smash Champion
I hope that Dedede can inhale them, and use them as ammo. that would be awesome, and lead to a lot of strategies. thats currently my #1 hope for Dedede

T-major

Smash Champion
Yeah, like Kirby and Yoshi.

He'd have competition among the two.
nothing at all like Yoshi. think Kirby, only MUCH more powerful. basically a cannon, that shoots out people and things in star form. it shoots them far, and causes a lot of damage to whoever the star hits (I'm thinking about 15% - 20%)

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I'm picturing this move as a combination of Turnips and Samus' missiles.
When Sakurai says the just waddle around, I'm thinking a Mr. Saturn-like pace, until they waddle themselves off the edge. Too many of them could lag the game, so there must be an exit strategy, or a limit to how many there can be

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I'm picturing this move as a combination of Turnips and Samus' missiles.
When Sakurai says the just waddle around, I'm thinking a Mr. Saturn-like pace, until they waddle themselves off the edge. Too many of them could lag the game, so there must be an exit strategy, or a limit to how many there can be
A single move cannot lag the game.
Especially when it is being played on a very efficient gaming system that is the Wii.

I think only a certain amount pop out at once.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
nothing at all like Yoshi. think Kirby, only MUCH more powerful. basically a cannon, that shoots out people and things in star form. it shoots them far, and causes a lot of damage to whoever the star hits (I'm thinking about 15% - 20%)
Yeah, itd be so awesome. Spam waddle dees causing them to back away but then inhale them and spit them as star missles!

Im almost certain he will be able to. Kirby can inhale koopas/goombas/redeads in melee and spit them as stars.

yeah this move is a combination of samus missles and peachs turnips... you cant hold the waddle dees like turnips, but the variation is there and when you press the button you toss them out like how when you press the side b as samus the missle just goes out.

Then when on the stage they behave like redeads/koopas/goombas from melee. I am guessing waddle doos shoot the laser if an opponent nears them. And gordos could float off the stage in a direction after thrown perhaps, they float in all the games. Or maybe they sit there and act as a deadlier bumper... Only time will tell

dedede has such a hot projectile lol, and its even cooler that hell be able to spit them as star missles mixing up his projectile game ever more! :)

T-major

Smash Champion
What I meant was, the harsh way that Yoshi spits out his enemies.
You know?
actually I don't. I never use Yoshi. :3 I thought you meant something like being able to trap people in a star, similar to Yoshi's egg...

also, theres an Official Dedede Move Discussion and Speculation Thread (patent pending) now. check it out! [/shameless plug]

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah, itd be so awesome. Spam waddle dees causing them to back away but then inhale them and spit them as star missles!

Im almost certain he will be able to. Kirby can inhale koopas/goombas/redeads in melee and spit them as stars.

yeah this move is a combination of samus missles and peachs turnips... you cant hold the waddle dees like turnips, but the variation is there and when you press the button you toss them out like how when you press the side b as samus the missle just goes out.

Then when on the stage they behave like redeads/koopas/goombas from melee. I am guessing waddle doos shoot the laser if an opponent nears them. And gordos could float off the stage in a direction after thrown perhaps, they float in all the games. Or maybe they sit there and act as a deadlier bumper... Only time will tell

dedede has such a hot projectile lol, and its even cooler that hell be able to spit them as star missles mixing up his projectile game ever more! :)
You really like the idea of star missiles, dont you?

Top Bottom