• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waddle Dee - Fight for the Future; A support thread. NO. NOT FOR BRAWL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

courte

Smash Lord
I hope anyone who came to this thread bothered to read this opening post. It's so obvious, I don't even have to use caps lock.

This is not a brawl character support thread, because then I would be a well deserved flaming a$$. It's also something I know is more than D.U. [Doubtful Unlikely] but I just want to put it out there.

Ok so we have 3 kirby characters for Brawl and that's great. But we all know that we are greedy people and we will always want more((look at how we treat the updates??)).

My "more" is an odd request however. This is shooting far into an unlikely future. If there is another smash brothers after Brawl, Sakurai, I beg of you, take Waddle Dee away from King D3, give him a Bronto Burt instead or any of the other characters, I don't care. Please make him a playable character. Yes he is the most common enemy, and I'm well aware no one else shares this desire. But my support for him stems from the fact that he is the most common enemy, and a well known mascot for kirby when associated with gamers. I'm aware he is very unlikely. I put this down so that no one reminds me, wasting their post. However you can do what you want,

Some of you might immediately respond this belongs in the Waddle Dee for brawl thread, however this is not support for his Brawl inclusion. That fate is already appearent. I ask that you make Kirby's history truly shine in the Smash Brothers series through the means of the character cast in kirby's shadow, and residing in the cancerous tumor's belly.

Kirby Superstar, is perhaps one of my favorite Kirby games. It took the basic copy abilities we all know and love, and expanded on them actually offering up moveset for each individual ability rather than simple fireball or bomb toss. It also added a few special abilites that we've all grown to love. Kirby's Dream Land three featured a specific assist system and the crayon like visuals were a wonderful departure from the series' usual look, in my opinion at least, and finally Kirby 64. Our last console adventure solely starring the puffball introduced a system of mixing and matching powers to create brand new entertaining moves, the likes of which had never been seen before, and til now, have never been seen intergrated again.

I present to you the Super Waddle Dee Copy Theory augmented by timmy:
#6 Hat Examples
Beam
Standard - Laser (like Fox's)
Side - Cycle Beam
Down - Beam Whip
Up - Beam whip (tether recovery like Ivysaur's)

Sword
Standard - Non-Stop Cutter Attack
Side - Cutter Boomarang
Down - High Speed Cutter Drop
Up - Final Cutter

Fire
Standard - Fire Blow
Side - Burning Attack
Down - Fireball Roll
Up - Fireball Spin

Fighter
Standard - Energy Ball
Side - Spin Kick
Down - Sweep Kick
Up - Rising Break

Hammer
Standard - Hammer Nail
Side - Hammer Swing
Down - Hammer Flip
Up - Giant Swing

Ice
Standard - Freezer Breath
Side - Freezer Blizzard
Down - Ice Kick
Up - Freezer Sprinkle

Parasol
Standard - Parasol Shield
Side - Parasol Drill
Down - Parasol Dive
Up - Parasol Chute

No Good
Gives no Hat

Bowser - Fire
Charizard - Fire
Diddy Kong - Fighter
Donkey Kong - Fighter
Fox - Beam (Laser)
Ice Climbers - Ice
Ike - Sword
Ivysaur - Fighter
King Dedede - Hammer
Kirby - No Good
Link - Sword
Lucas - Fighter (Yo-yo)
Mario - Fighter
Meta Knight - Sword
Peach - Parasol
Pikachu - Beam (Spark)
Pit - Sword (Cupid)
Samus - Beam
Snake - Fighter
Sonic - Fighter (Wheel)
Squirtle - Fighter (Bubble)
Wario - Fighter
Yoshi - No Good
Zelda - Fighter (Mirror)
Shiek - Fighter (Ninja)
Zero Suit Samus - Beam

The Hats in parentheses are additional hats they could add specifically for those characters. :)
Waddle Dee, by himself should play as basic as possible, and start out with Two abilities.

Starting Moves.
B: Sleep-=-Charge up to sleep. Half the time of Jigglypuff's rest, and does no damage. Low HP recovery.

Up B Hi: Jump-=-Waddle Dee jumps very high very fast and cannot be damaged or even touched. No flinch state and does no damage. Can be attacked during fall.

Down B: Waddle Gaurd-=-Taking a cue from Kirby's shield stance from super star, Waddle Dee huddles down, decreasing all damage by half at the expense of slight knockback.

As you can see he is weak without anypowers and his specials do nothing.

Side B: Waddle Hug-=-In this attack, Waddle Dee quickly dashes over to the enemy, and I mean quickly dashes... the only thing faster is Fox and Sonic. He gives them a hug and stares deeply and angrily into their eyes. Just as quickly, he hops off of them far back and away, with a new Eye Color. There is a glow and it's appearent even from far away on large stages. Waddle Dee Acquires a random packaged set of powers. It will vary depending on who you hugged, but afterwards all of your attacks will in some form or another, make use of a multitude of hats. These effect numerous attacks.
Fighter, Animal, Suplex-=-[Red Headband]
Beam, Mirror, Plasma-=-[Green Plasma Hat and Magic Rod]
Ninja, Rock, Bomb-=- [Blue Ninja Hat]
Jet, Tornado, Wing-=-[White Wings and Black Goggles]
Mike, Wheel, Yo-Yo-=-[Yellow Backwards Cap]
Needle, Sword, Ball-=-[Dons his own purple hat with a yellow dot]
Laser, Cutter, Star Rod-=-[Waddle Dee wears a pink kirby hat]

And thank you, timmy.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Waddle dees always (should only) serve their king. Im content with King Dedede, Metaknight and Kirby raelly. Their all I wanted. Waddle dees are too simple characters of the series. I think bronto bertt would be a lame change.

Hail to the King waddle dee! :chuckle:

courte

Smash Lord
i'm well aware as is everyone but ty--btw they only serve as long as there is a steady stream of food

and when you read i stated they replace waddle dee in dedede's moveset with bronto burt, not that big of a change

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I read the post but I think their too basic of an enemy, its like asking koopas or goombas to be playable.

That said I like Waddle Dee, and I like how theyre getting alot of rep in brawl through dedede with his entrance, side b and final smash. But I dont agree on a roster spot for them, Im happy with what they have now which is alot compared to others. :)

courte

Smash Lord
here comes the twist... for the sake of being original and because kirby's other possible reps are what that mouse?? i simply chose waddle dee because i saw him as the most appropriate for portraying the full gambit of kirby's capabilities. I know there exist an evil/dark Kirby as well as meta-knight, but i don't know exactly how that works and i don't want to hop on the bandwagon... so to say the least consider this waddle dee in particular to be unique compared to the rest. In the aspect that he is larger, slower, and smarter. As well as posseses his own copy style.

Consider him Boshi to yoshi.
Unlikely?? yes
Less Cool?? no

when you say you don't agree on a roster spot for them, do you mean in any game ever?? please elaborate

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
I thought more on that rick from melee trophys, but its a kinda cool idea,i liked himin the kirby game i played (squaq attac/ mouse attack) but his on Dededes team right now of course :-\ but i would like a 4rth kirby character, after that all 3 is starters.

DededeDaimyo

Smash Rookie
Maybe Waddle Dee and other of Dedede's >B minions will be playable in the future. I mean there are always people who will try to hack the game and make it so waddle dee, waddle doo, and gordo will become playable, albiet glitched, characters.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
In the back of my mind I was hoping to see Waddle Dee as a playable character in Brawl, but one that was horribly underpowered making him sorta a Joke Character (like Pichu, ha ha). I knew it unlikely, and I'm glad to see him at least make appearances in the game albeit as Dedede's Special Attack (and Final Smash).

I don't think he should be able to get various abilities akin to Kirby's Copy, that's just not really what he does in the Kirby games. He could start equipped with a parasol though, that would be awesome. He'd be able to use that as a weapon like Link/Ike/Etc. use their swords.

And if Waddle Dee is too much of a "common enemy" like goombas and koopa troopas, then there's always Waddle Doo who was a playable character in Kirby Super Star and had his own set of attacks for Player 2 to use.

courte

Smash Lord
this is a stupid thread
you are a stupid thread. and thank you for participating:)

is it anymore ridiculous than wart or papa from doki doki panic/aka/super mario bros. 2??

Banned via Administration
you are a stupid thread. and thank you for participating:)

is it anymore ridiculous than wart or papa from doki doki panic/aka/super mario bros. 2??
no becasue all of them ridiculously stupid / ********

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
Waddle Dee would be a gread character. Mabye not a very good one, but it'd be cool. All you have to do is convince the designers of the game.

courte

Smash Lord
Update: Another Waddle Dee

The Waddle Warrior - The Hyrbid Dee Battler

Effect Up B, Side B, and Down B - Cancel with the Panic Taunt {Waddle Dee quickly scurries left and right
Main Hats-
Fighter, Animal, Suplex-=-[Red Headband]
Beam, Mirror, Plasma-=-[Green Plasma Hat and Magic Rod]
Ninja, Rock, Bomb-=- [Blue Ninja Hat]
Jet, Tornado,Wing-=-[White Wings and Black Goggles]
Laser, Wheel, Yo-Yo-=-[Yellow Backwards Cap]

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
It'll never happen but I realize that the Waddler could have a really good move set.

^B Parasol Shield
-- Lifts/Jabs/Spins umbrella up as a shield/upward attack. Can be used in air similar to Peach's own parasol, but much quicker and less effective.
* Homage to the fact that, Parasol Kirby (who was created upon normal-Kirby eating a Parasol Waddle Dee) had an umbrella that could damage enemies automatically if they landed on top of it.

B Waddle Dash
-- Quickly runs into other fighter at the expense of some knockback from both players. If used immediately after it becomes quicker and more dangerous.
* Homage to Waddle Dee's "standard" move, which just involved running into Kirby

>B Megaton Punch
-- Chargeable at first (via tapping B) and also requires timing, but afterwards initiates a punching sequence that increases damage and continues to three punches if the "B" button is pressed continually upon contact.
* Homage to the Megaton Punch minigame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFONEbiiGko

VB Samurai Charge
-- An extremely weak headbut with some knockback, usually, but reflects most physical attacks (not projectiles) back if well timed. If timed badly, leaves Waddle Dee open to attacks for a few seconds.
* Homage to the Samurai Kirby minigame: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3BeYJQrtT04

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
I must say that the creator of this thread knows nothing about Waddle Dee, Galvanic got the better idea. Although it's still a silly idea, Waddle Dee's basic strategy is to run into people.

courte

Smash Lord
because i make this thread, i know nothing of waddle dee?? i think i got his basic move implemented, so you should probably ask a question like that before you make a comment which makes you look like an imbecile.

I'm well aware this has a percentage of about a bucket of cheese, but i seriously don't expect him, and i think using him to portray kirby's other borrowed abilites would be a decent homeage for the series' creator

then again...:chuckle:

i do like Galvanic's idea's though

courte

Smash Lord
AND FOR THE LAST TIME. I AM NOT SUPPORTING WADDLE DEE FOR BRAWL!! READ THE OP!! IF YOU ARE SUPPORTING WADDLE DEE FOR BRAWL.........[infinite]

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if you hacked, atleast they have more poses then Sand Bag so why not? He could have very limited attacks or throw bombs at the enemy like Sand Bag.

courte

Smash Lord
Then again if you'd rather see him or perhaps Bloo as an AT...

AT for Brawl SEQUEL
Waddle Dee runs and trips on the opponent, hugging them and activating a respecting power, and is able to use ALL attacks of that power/Bloo swallows them and walks around cluelessly, the opponent cannot escape, and all attacks on Bloo transfer damage to the character inside. There is no knockback. Bloo then performs a short area version of the copied abilities MOST basic move.

I.E. Waddle Dee attack's Link and Activates all moves in the Cupid power Set
Young Link Cutter
Mario Fire
Luigi ???
Peach Parasol
Bowser Crash???
Sheik Ninja
Zelda Mirror
Kirby Copy/Ghost/T.A.C. Steal... Clones??? no wait that one is stupid
DeDeDe Hammer
Meta Knight Sword/Tornado
Ike Sword
Ganondorf Mike???
Captain Falcon Fighter
Samus Beam
Ridley ???
DK Suplex
Diddy Animal???
Sonic Needle/Wheel/Ball??
Snake Bomb/Jet??
Pit Wing
IC Ice/Freeze
Vaati Magic/Tornado
Geno Laser
Wario Wheel/Crash??
Megaman ???
Lucas/Ness YoYo
PT i don't freaking know

This is simply a list of characters i expect, it is used only got example purposes and nothing else

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
what made you think this belongs on the dedede thread?
this is character discussion at best, it isn't even directly brawl related, so i cant think of somewhere you can post this

but certainly NOT here.

*bowser fsmash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom