• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vulcano Tournament 2012

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Our flight arrives at 10:30, so we'll have some to drive around I guess =).
Yeah the GPS isn't really necessary, I just want to test it.

edit: 3 more hours until we're leaving =). Yeah I know, that's 30 hours before we actually arrive...

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Have a nice (or not so tiring) trip :p see you there.

I hope i can play melee with you a bunch, it will be greeeeeeeat for practice.

Uranus

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlanUranus
I have sent you a PM ajp_anton

See you on the island. Call me when you arrive. I will open the venue before, for you.

Good trip ^^

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Yay, hacked my way to an internet connection on Bologna airport =). The router's pin code was 00000000.

Will try to call you, but don't know how exactly to make it into an international number. Anyway, we have the street name in case it fails. If it's the biggest building there, we'll find it =).

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
The tournament has been held already, but i don't know where or how to post the results (and marcbri is ignoring the issue) so i'll resume the results here (and i'll post shoutouts soon, the people from sweden leave tomorrow as far as i know so i'll post them when they leave , i guess (if not i could talk to them, couldn't I? (well not really because my spoken english sucks))). (spanish people i guess that they will shoutout bettween them in the spanish boards btw :S) Well back to the topic.

Melee Singles:

1º Leffen
2º Phyr
3º AJP
4º Lootic

Melee Teams:

1- AJP + Leffen
2- Phyr + Marc
3- Lootic + Jack
4- Uranus + Grew

Brawl Singles:

1: Greward
2: Dani
3: Phyr
4: Marcbri

Brawl Teams:

1: Tornado to tipper (Pablo + Marcbri)
2: Grewnabos malignos del mal aleatorio normal (Grew + Marcos)
3: Camisa Match (Phyr + Uranus)
4: PkLink + un tornado random (Piludo + Dani)

This for the moment :p

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Took about 24h to get to Stockholm, and then we had a small tournament which I attended before I finally got home =).

There was definitely too little Melee at this tournament, but it was great. I somehow got talked into playing Brawl teams, but then there was ping pong (which I haven't played since the breaks in 9th grade), and we were outside driving around the island pretty much all day anyway.
Liked the venue very much, and I had this strange feeling of being able to trust the people there. I could leave my computer charging on random tables many times.

Only problem was that the showers were SO COLD! Luckily we found out that the shower at the beach was a little bit less cold, so we drove there to have a few midnight showers =).

The Melee tournament ran kind of late, but that didn't bother me much. I know we also delayed it a little, but at least we made it back "on time" (at 20:00), which was nothing short of a miracle considering what happened to us at Teide (short version: we weren't allowed back down with the elevator), haha =).

Would definitely do this again, if only the flights were a little cheaper. And maybe if there were more Melee players. And maybe I should learn some spanish, I suck at talking to strangers as it is...

Jackio

Smash Cadet
So like, I seem to have forgot a few items at the venue.. The only thing I can remember right now is my rechargable usb battery (pretty small, compact and heavy.. Square but with rounded edges), it features 1 usb port and one mini-usb port. PM me or post here if you have it, pl0x ^^

Uranus

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlanUranus
Jack, Lootic, Leffen, AJP (m2k xD) i have not a way to describe how grateful i am for your assistance. I hope you have left the island with good memories of it (and some scars)
You are invited to come whenever you want ^^
But please don't get stuck again in the volcano! xD

Jack: here i have the double usb/usb mini charger. Send me a pm if you want me to give it to you back.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I would like to leave my shoutouts for you guys. It was great to have some foreigners in the tourney specially ones with such high level in the tourney, it made the melee tourney really challenging and i got to play with you a lot too, it was great for improving and see new playstyles and stuff. Hopefully i will see you all again in ESA in a week ^^ (first european tourney for me, i'm kinda nervous about it). I hope you had a great tourney visiting Tenerife as well as in the place just like we Spaniards had :D. (omfg my english is so ****ing terrible) Oh and yeah, i wish i had talked more with you but it seemed like we had a hard time communicating in spoken english so, oh well, i just tried to avoid it, it was shameful of me and i'm sorry Un_n. Well now the shoutouts :p.

Lootic: You are the guy i talked and played less with :(. It was an honor that you were looking up for our match in brackets but i felt bad when you looked so down after finishing it. Anyway i really enjoyed playing against your link, never played against one (much less played against such a GOOD one) and I enjoyed playing with you and trying to understand the matchup. GGs and i hope see you again and play again :).

Jack: Oh man HOW DID YOU GET CUT WITH A PINEAPPLE? XD I hope you are OK now because the cut seemed pretty serious. Easily the man with i talked/played most along AJP, and you were such a nice guy ^^. Again i'm sorry about my low skill in spoken english, i would have loved to talk more with you :). I also enjoyed the matches we played and all in all i enjoyed our time. Hope that i see you soon again ^^ (And i shall remark that wow, you re sooo tall lol)

AJP: Last time i saw you was 2 or 3 years ago when you came to NST3 and i don't think you remember me from then (I was a random melee player in that time xD, i didn't even get out of pools, oh well) but anyway we played a looot of games (specially the early days in that TVcube) and i enjoyed them. And wow your luigi just blows it, it's so amazing. Had a lot of problems with it (i even saw some luigi videos so i could understand the MU better but it was useless so meh, in the end i had to figure it out). We didn't talk much but it's ok, it was great to play with you and i hope see you soon (hopefully in ESA :)).

Leffen: I was really intimidated by you (because you are a pro and stuff (and the english thing XD)), but you were a great player not only in melee (wow in melee you are ****ing godlike, i sort of understand what to do but i'm sooooo far behind in tech and in experience that i was no threat at all for you... it has been a reaaaaallly long time since i got my ***-kicked so much, and that other time was against dahean trying to 4 stock me with as low percentage as he could) and it has been an honour to get to play you in brackets (oh and btw, lol at the armada smurf account in the tourney XD), but you seemed to be an expert in other fighting games as well, just wow. You seemed like a great guy and i'm sorry that we didn't talk much but meh. I also liked playing against you these friendlies or in the blazblue tourney oh well all in all i enjoyed all the games ^^. I hope you can make it to ESA (because i read somewhere you were having problems) and we can play again (although in ESA i'm gonna be a ****ing random lol, tough meleer life) and all in all i enjoyed seeing you there ^^. Oh, and GGs :D. And be more careful about your stuff next time xD i heard you lot your pspvita like 2 times, good thing nothing bad happened.

Oh, and as a finish note:

#1 Lol at looting all the food you left in the venue the last day.
#2 Lol at Leffen's using toon link with armada's tag
#3 Lol at jack getting cut with a ****ing pineapple
#4 Lol at the group photos were you appear (although i think leffen did not appear in any of these :()
#5 Lol at leffen kicking *** in every other fighting games plus melee.
#6 Other things, now i have to make shoutouts for the spanish people as well XD.

And summing it up i hope to see you around soon in another tourney ^^.

Oh yes i forgot.

There is only one sentence we understoodin swedish.

Is when you complained about Peach Dsmash in Team Brackets XDDD

And yeah tht's all, i hope you enjoyed playing with me as much as i enjoyed playing with you ^^.

Edit: Sorry for the long post lol.

Top Bottom