• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vsing Captain Falcon

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So I've been playing Ganondorf lately and he's a hell of a lot of fun. I decided to money match LeeMartin's Falcon this coming Saturday, so I've been VSing some Falcon's online (yes I know very well it's not the same) and I really have a lot of trouble against him. I find it's very easy to get KoJed, and even the weak knee is a *****, as it trips a bunch and can lead into grabs, or techchases (and it gimps stupidly well). His speed is also really obnoxious, makes it easy for him to hunt me down or avoid me til he's in good position.

Not to sure what the Gerudo follow-ups are. I've found that dtilt works well, airborne murder kicks are also good to use. I'm generally screwed once I get to a ledge as well as he can easily cover all my options while staying safe from ganoncides.

Any tips would be appreciated.

TP

Smash Master
Dtilt is the only guaranteed followup. If he is at low percents, use two in a row and try to get another choke in immediately after. Don't approach ever unless you absolutely have to. Use Uair about as much as the rest of your moves combined. Practice recovering. The Up B actually covers good distance, so don't be afraid to airdodge or fastfall if it means avoiding him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Thanks on the followups... does that work at any percents? I use upair plenty in all matches, such a good move XD Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to try dodging for a change, I usually try to get an attack out while falling or something, guess I'll stop that. Thanks for the advice :D

TP

Smash Master
Thanks on the followups... does that work at any percents?
Choke>Dtilt>Dtilt>Choke is never guaranteed, but it is very surprising and most people fall for it at low percents when they get back down fast enough. I learned this when DAD nailed me with it.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
I love Ganny Vs. Birdy matches. I've won against those kind of matches than any other kind :)

Let's see, basically I just bait the Birdy because they think they can beat Ganny just because of speed. So I say make them think you're coming at them. Like run or powersheild close to them. I've found that the Birdy's like to be aggressive against Da Dorf. So sit back and punish, punish, and......murder! :bee:

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Choke>Dtilt>Dtilt>Choke is never guaranteed, but it is very surprising and most people fall for it at low percents when they get back down fast enough. I learned this when DAD nailed me with it.
We all learn this the hard way. Kalm locked me in DTilt for like 3 or 4 hits the first time he choked me in our first wifi match. Let's just say this doesn't happen anymore. Sh*tty DI = sh*tty results.

deadpoe7

Smash Apprentice
We all learn this the hard way. Kalm locked me in DTilt for like 3 or 4 hits the first time he choked me in our first wifi match. Let's just say this doesn't happen anymore. Sh*tty DI = sh*tty results.
I remember seeing for the 1st time in a Swoops, or maybe a Kosk, match. When I saw it I was like, "Smackdaddy, yes! That's going into the repertoire!" However, I prefer usually to choke>dtilt>choke>dtilt. A little safer, I think.

:034:

Smash Hero
Works amazing against heavy characters, you can string about three Sex Changes together on Snake.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So is it official? Are we going with Sex Change? If so I'll make sure I say it every time I do it to Lee's Falcon :p

Top Bottom