• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs wolf

Juanda991

Smash Cadet
well, after playing a lot of matches with many characters I say this.....wolf is the nightmare of olimar, for me is the hardest chara to beat with olimar, the principal reason....his Fsmash and his ****ing pistol, please help me!!! what can i do with his Fsmash, its powerful and very fast.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Don't forget grabbing him or if you do a downwards dodge, you can down smash him.

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
Wolf is indeed the biggest counter to Olimar; a nightmare of fanservice and fur.

Dan has it right, up tilt has priority over wolf's F->A but it won't win you the match, dodge his lasers, and you'll probably get a smash ->A in your face, either tilt, or block and punish, also oddly enough, abuse wolf's terrible recovery, its somewhere in the middle between fox and falcos, and just isn't as effective as theirs.

Purple pikmin to knock him down ALWAYS work to, you can do the "Natural Selection" technique to obtain nothing but purple pikmin, (you'll probably get some white to) this is..assuming the wolf player has started his laser spam.

Good luck, just wait till you go up against a good shiek player :( needle spam makes oli a sad captain.

FancyPlants

Smash Rookie
I agree with Newtwarrior! Wolf is the ultimate opponent for Olimar users!
I play in alot of tourneys and face alot of wolfs, from 0 to 50% i throw pikmen and chain grab (there is a way to chaingrab wolf, ill post a vid later) what i do after 50% is get rid of all my white pikmen and collect as many purples as i can to throw and smash the B*tch!

Top Bottom