• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs wolf

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
not sure if there has already been a topic on this, but I have pretty hard time fighting against wolf

Sonic doesn't seem too great at spacing against projectile spammers, I cant seem to rush in without getting blaster spammed, and if I do get close enough to do anything, he forward smashes me to death. I don't seem to win with the aerial approach either as it seems wolf is pretty beastly in the air. =/

I was wondering if anyone had the same issues or a legit strategy on fighting a (camping) wolf

Duck123

Smash Rookie
When i fight wolf i make him chase me. Plus try and use more grabs... sonic is fast really fast. Practice running up to characters and grabbing them its really easy then down throw. I agree wolf is hard to play but only thing i can really say is keep fighting level 9 wolf over and over till you dominate him then you will stand a chance against a human wolf. I don't know if thats right or whatever but it seems to work for me... just don't give him a chance to breath.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Wolf is a ***** to play when using Sonic online. His smashes are just a lot harder to punish with input lag, and his priority beats yours most of the time. I don't have nearly as much trouble with him when not online though. You can't let Wolf control the tempo of the match, or he'll camp, until you jump in at him, then he'll most likely punish you. Keep him pressured, and you should have a better chance. Oh, and remember that most of his attacks are multi hit attacks. Once he's off the side of a stage, it's pretty much a free kill for you. Gimp him any way you please. His recovery is balls.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Spinshot solves everything. Spinshot into nair of bair for get getting close. and over the projectile.Get a grab in and uair juggle into bair off the stage and gimp for the kill. Wolf's been a relatively easy match up for me, compared to people like Wario.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is a ***** to play when using Sonic online. His smashes are just a lot harder to punish with input lag, and his priority beats yours most of the time. I don't have nearly as much trouble with him when not online though. You can't let Wolf control the tempo of the match, or he'll camp, until you jump in at him, then he'll most likely punish you. Keep him pressured, and you should have a better chance. Oh, and remember that most of his attacks are multi hit attacks. Once he's off the side of a stage, it's pretty much a free kill for you. Gimp him any way you please. His recovery is balls.
I don't even try using sonic online anymore. It's too hard to use his split second timing attacks, with lag. It's just too frustrating.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Spinshot solves everything. Spinshot into nair of bair for get getting close. and over the projectile.Get a grab in and uair juggle into bair off the stage and gimp for the kill. Wolf's been a relatively easy match up for me, compared to people like Wario.
Haha, Sonic does tend to havea hard time with Wario, personally I cannot stand to face a good Ike (no such thing, Ike is too cheap).

Top Bottom