• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. Toon Link

B.Wong

Smash Cadet
Who do find to be a more difficult matchup? Vs. Peach? or Vs. Roy? Why?

Last edited:

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
Roy is sooper easy to combo on stages with high or no platforms

Peach really isn't that hard if you're not new to the matchup

I don't think either of these characters are really challenging as tink. Sheik is way harder for instance.

Cedstick

Smash Rookie
I feel like Falcon can literally just out-run any of your projectiles. I'm still new, so I may be wrong, but anyone who can close really quickly and bait-out your projectiles pretty much is a pain in the ass -- for me, anyway. Falcon, Fox, Shiek. Marth's reach and quickness is a bit of a *****, too, but I feel he's manageable and I personally just need to figure him out. Can anyone corroborate that?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Marth and Sheik are fine because they stay grounded and you can choke out their space. Falcon has the threat of a respectful aerial game, amazing aerial mobility and amazing platform movement. He is far more volatile, harder to cut off with boomerang and it's much harder to land a bomb hitconfirm on him. Fox is a similar case but also has the ability to camp with lasers and reflect projectiles.

Last edited:

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I would say Marth, Falcon, Fox, Roy, maybe Sheik and Falco can all give Toon a tricky time. Not to say they are bad matchups, but I think they are his hardest.

With Marth it really does seem you need to play a campy game because he outspaces us so efficiently. Falcon is hard as **** to camp against and I end up just going pretty aggressive in this MU. In CO we have a player named John (literally the one the term is named after. He moved here lol) who plays falcon and he has made me very afraid of Falcon's combo potential on Toon. Last tourney he combod 4 knees on me to take my stock :O
A poorly timed rang throw means getting kneed in this MU and Falcon has a really good jab and grab game to exploit being right in our face. Buuut we combo him so hard

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah, she can tech chase on reaction vs most of the cast. Just gotta punish her super hard when you get a juggle or edge guard.

Last edited:

DethM

Smash Apprentice
Neither are really bad.

Tink's worst matchups Imo (not in order): Fox, Falcon, Rob, Wolf, Lucario.

Ike is also kinda bad for him Imo.

DethM

Smash Apprentice
He combos and kills Tink like crazy.

Lucario's dspecial negates Tink's projectiles.

It's overall just aggravating and bad for Tink.

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
I've never fought an insane wolf but I've never lost to one either ; he's just so ridiculously easy to juggle and Tink is one of the best jugglers in the game. idk man ; get a grab, take his stock. The MU is even if anything. Same goes for Falcon, though Falcon obliterates Toon Link if he gets something started. Sooper glass canon in both ways.

Lucario can't say, need more MU experience before I can say but it looks like Lucario can't do much if you run the whole game.

Fox I agree more with, though I don't think it's the worst matchup.

Isnt

Smash Rookie
Against an Olimar who knows what they are doing. None of your projectiles will meet their target. Arguably a better projectile game than Tink as Olimar's projectiles come out faster at a steadier pace. Olimar players tend to be constantly (short)hopping for the pikmin throw range, that added to Tinks lack of vertical priority, plus the constant meet shields from the Pikmin, and a slippery Olimar, You will be overwhelmed fairly easily.

Also Olimar has a slightly better recovery than Tink.

I never had too much a problem with Roy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom