• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Snake

SMS028

Smash Rookie
Out of every character I play against, snake is the hardest by far for me, how do you guys play him.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
I don't have trouble with him. When I play AS him, I have all the trouble in the world. Seriously, snake is one confusing and really slow character. I wouldn't say he's bad, I would just say he's a very different character.

GofG

Smash Champion
Snake is an easy match up. Perhaps you should describe what it is about him that you are having trouble with, as he gets ***** by pretty much everything we can throw at him. Just keep him mid-distance so that he can't spam his rockets.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The matchup difficulty depends on the Snake player. He has a steep learning curve, so if you are playing against a inexperienced Snake player, you have an incredibly easy match. If you have a very experienced Snake player, you better prepare for one heck of a match. A good Snake player will use his projectiles as part of his many mindgames. If you want an example, go watch a Champ or PsychoMidget match for ideas and strategies.

SMS028

Smash Rookie
The matchup difficulty depends on the Snake player. He has a steep learning curve, so if you are playing against a inexperienced Snake player, you have an incredibly easy match. If you have a very experienced Snake player, you better prepare for one heck of a match. A good Snake player will use his projectiles as part of his many mindgames. If you want an example, go watch a Champ or PsychoMidget match for ideas and strategies.
when i play on gamebattles, that is all I play, its his rockets and projectiles.

Jubeh

Smash Rookie
You can powershield Nikitas, because if you're opponent is good at using them, he'll probably fake you out. For one, if you see him trying to edgegaurd you with a missile, it may look like he's gonna hit you with it, when at the last second he cancels it so that it falls right where you planned on landing.

I'm not sure if Lucas can do the grab Cypher trick, but if he can you should know that grabbing Snake's Cypher will cause him to lose all of his jumps and fall to his death.

Also, don't use your tether recovery, because he can stick a nikita in between you and the stage and you'll be spiked.

And there's a Snake trick where you grab a grenade, and shield right before someone hits you. If you punch snake while he's doing that, you'll be hurt but he'll be unharmed. Try to fake him out, because if he shields, the grenade will drop harmlessly.

Top Bottom