• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VS Screens for every announced Smash 4 Characters! (UPDATED WITH SHULK)

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
I have spent most quite a bit of time over the last week trying to get this sorted, initially for myself for streaming or videos once smash 4 is released but I thought, why not share?

So here is an example of what I am talking about -

This is made up of 3 images -

Top Layer - VS/Black Bars

Left - Little Mac

Right - Luigi

And I have placed the files in my Dropbox which I will link to at the bottom of this post.

I have added the extra files just in case anyone wants to use what I have to create something themselves as there are things I just couldn't find online and so I made them myself.

The files I have for download are -

1) SMASH 4 VERSUS.ZIP < This is everything I mentioned above sorted into 3 folders. Left, Right and Top

2) Series Symbols.zip
This contains large .PNG images with transparent backgrounds of the franchise logos which are behind the the characters in the left and right images. I have images for every franchise assigned to a character in Smash 4, as well as some extras in case some characters are added.

Also in that zip file are two folders called SVG Source, which contain SVG vectors of every one of these franchise logos, some of which I had to make myself (everything which is a new smash 4 franchise). The other folder is PhotoShop Custom Shapes, which is a Custom Shapes Photoshop file you can load into Photoshop to have vectors of them.
3) Characters.zip
This contains 42 5120x5120 350dpi Smash 4 character renders with transparent backgrounds for every character apart from meta knight, which is in there as a smaller 1500x1500 file. These files are super super high quality and great to work with.

4) 1080p - Versus Smash 4.PSD
A large Photoshop file with everything you need to create your own adjustments/designs from. and its all sorted very nicely.

While it is titled as 1080p, you can, if you need to, resize it to be larger and not lose quality. Because the source images were so high quality (and because they are smart layers) they can be sized up quite a lot from 1080p. Also anything which isn't a high quality render is most likely to be a vector so can be resized at will anyway.

______________________________________________________________________________________

So what can this be used for? Well if you are uploading YouTube Videos you could use it as your highlight/preview image.
Or if you are streaming online, because it is layered you can quite easily sort it out so you can do this on the fly.

I'm sure there are a number of other things you could do with this. I hope you all enjoy.
Thanks - UnderscoreHERO (also, it is my intention to use these on my stream in future when smash 4 is out, if you want to follow me my twitch is twitch.tv/CraigUK37)

DOWNLOAD
Dropbox -​

I sometimes hit a limit with Dropbox and Reddit user "oremm" was kind enough to re-host the files for me. They are found here -
MEGA -

UPDATE (Shulk)
Every file in the Dropbox download has been updated, if you are downloading for the first time, you can ignore the "Updated For Shulk.zip" file.

If you downloaded through the MEGA mirror, or you downloaded the files in the past, you will need to download the "Updated For Shulk.zip" from the Dropbox link.

What is in the "Updated for Shulk.zip"?

Shulk's High Quality Render with transparent background.
Shulk's Series Symbol, both .SVG file and large, transparent .PNG
Updated PhotoShop Custom Shapes - To add Xenoblade Series Symbol.
Left and Right cut-ins for Shulk

SUPER UPDATE -
File has been removed from my dropbox, i was exceeding my storage space. If I ever come across the 5000x5000 for the other characters (anyone announced after shulk) then I will make sure to upload something

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I speak for a lot of us when I say, nice job dood

of course some might over exaggerate

InfernoIII

Smash Rookie
Thank you so much for the 5120 x 5120 renders! I've made some Smash wallpapers before , and the hardest part was getting a good transparent image.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Holy carp.
Very useful stuff here, especially with the super hi-res character renders. I'd definitely use this if I did video streamings/uploads.
But, looks good and fantastic work~

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
I can see the guests now taking your hard worked on renders without saying thank you #Kappa

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Just an update. Drop box has suspended my public files for generating too much traffic. I am not at home for another 24h or so to sort this out. But I will get on it asap. Sorry for inconvenience.

Edit- I have managed to remove the temporary ban from my phone. I assume it will be banned again in the next 24 hours before I get a chance to rehost the files elsewhere. If anyone is able to mirror the files to help spread out the load. That would be great.

Last edited:

Sages

Smash Cadet
Okay so, Dropbox has placed a 3 day ban on me, no way around it. Looking at other hosting methods and they too have bandwidth limits.

Reddit user oremm was kind enough to rehost the files for me . They are fond here -

1080p - Versus Smash 4.psd

Characters.zip

Series Symbol.zip

SMASH 4 VERSUS.zip
Thanks for this, this is really high quality stuff. I actually trying to convince the member in this thread to use these high quality images to recreate the Smash Bros. splash screens for characters that have been announced, but have yet to receive one.

Sages

Smash Cadet
Just an update. Drop box has suspended my public files for generating too much traffic. I am not at home for another 24h or so to sort this out. But I will get on it asap. Sorry for inconvenience.

Edit- I have managed to remove the temporary ban from my phone. I assume it will be banned again in the next 24 hours before I get a chance to rehost the files elsewhere. If anyone is able to mirror the files to help spread out the load. That would be great.
Just wondering, where you got the really good renders, I'm trying to find Meta Knight and the recently revealed characters.

They're from the press kit.
The press kit as far as I know, came out before captain falcon was announced, and there's a huge render for him.

Last edited:

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Just wondering, where you got the really good renders, I'm trying to find Meta Knight and the recently revealed characters.

The press kit as far as I know, came out before captain falcon was announced, and there's a huge render for him.
Captain Falcon was in the press kit, everything but Metaknight (and Shulk now). I will be updating with shulk shortly, Both meta knight and shulk are only 1500x1500 renders from the website, and unfortunately I am not great at certain things in photoshop so shulks hair is going to be bad. Sorry guys.

Sages

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon was in the press kit, everything but Metaknight (and Shulk now). I will be updating with shulk shortly, Both meta knight and shulk are only 1500x1500 renders from the website, and unfortunately I am not great at certain things in photoshop so shulks hair is going to be bad. Sorry guys.
I have the presskit, and it doesn't have Captain Falcon, Lucina, or Robin. Was there a newer one, that I'm unaware of?

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Thanks. Anyway I can download the entire thing at once?
I had to download them all individually. The characters.zip i have for download has them in anyway. If you wanted to download them all in one place. (Well, one for each character with transparent backgrounds apart from MK who is 1500x1500 and Shulk who isnt there yet.)

Last edited:

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Xenoblade.png It isnt great (I literally only learnt how to do anything with vectors when I made the original cut-ins and had to make this one myself), its a .png not the vector file so I have that is okay. I have also updated my dropbox folder, in now has this in the updated for shulk part.View attachment 23761

Last edited:

Jupo

Smash Cadet
don't know if you got it yet but here's Shulk's 5120 render, normal and Alt costume. Meta Knight's render is nearly impossible to find :/

XxavierPKRS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xxavier
This is amazing. Definitely looking into incorporating this into streaming.

LunethF

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luneth
3DS FC
5327-1175-2830
Excellent job, Craig, I'm sure many streamers will be thankful for your work in the future as well. Keep it up!

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Excellent job, Craig, I'm sure many streamers will be thankful for your work in the future as well. Keep it up!
No problem, glad I can help.

Anyone else who is reading this, it isn't just streamers who can make use of this, using the .PSD file (or you could have just used the character images I have also provided), you can do things like this which I knocked up in a few mins of some of my favourite characters - MY WALLPAPER.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Those Vs. screens look really cool. Keep up the good work.

XxavierPKRS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xxavier
Were there any plans to update the missing characters with the texture rips from the 3DS? Obviously the press kit renders would be best but until they're released I figured the rips may be useful.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
My first time seeing just pngs in a zip file that's like 400MB
but great work :)

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Were there any plans to update the missing characters with the texture rips from the 3DS? Obviously the press kit renders would be best but until they're released I figured the rips may be useful.
I was waiting on some HQ renders. But I could try it with the rips, see what its like if people wanted me to.

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
btw, 5120px is pretty big... i know it makes it better quality.... but is it really necessary to make it this big? i think 1200 is already pretty crisp

Sages

Smash Cadet
btw, 5120px is pretty big... i know it makes it better quality.... but is it really necessary to make it this big? i think 1200 is already pretty crisp
They're from a presskit. They're original renders provided by Nintendo to content authors so they can create promotional material for the game. Such as when you see a gaming review site have a graphic of a Smash character overlayed with something like "___ Full Analysis + Breakdown".

Not only are they are large enough size to create content for current standard resolutions, but they're also perfectly transparent. No rough edges.

Top Bottom