• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. Rob?

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
I mean normally Bjr does completely well against Robs, but I just fought one who would Nair over and over, and with the lack of landing lag on it I couldn't get in close. And of course keeping my distance meant constant projectiles. How do you deal with Robs like this?

FireBullet

Smash Rookie
NNID
0-FireBullet-0
Jr.'s Fair practically stuffs it. Rob shouldn't be able to WoP you out like that with just Nair.
Well placed SH Fairs should beat Rob's Nairs easily. Our Fair's cannonball is more disjointed than his arms or burner, so you shouldn't be in too much danger if you guys are zoning with aerials.
Jr.'s Fair eats his gyro, too. Just keep an eye out for lasers.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
When you get in, stay in and apply that pressure. Drill those flailing robot arms, wrecking ball to neutral air and gyro, free MK on angled (weak) lasers.

Nagalfar

Smash Rookie
UTilt also hits ROB before he's able to finish the NAir. Do it every time he tries to approach above you with it.

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
Maybe its just that the R.O.B. I practice with is just that much better or that he knows my play style too well (probably a combination of the two), but I struggle in this matchup. The laser messes up most of my approaches and the gyro can easily end your side-b. If I can get in on him, I can rack up some damage, but as soon as he's out, I have trouble getting in again. He will never approach my junior.

Top Bottom