• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VS Pit...

TANORI

Smash Journeyman
Hi people im really having problems with Pit, i just cant hit him, i dont know how to K.o him, i really need a lot of help vs pit.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*sigh*
Do i need to?
Do I REALLY need to go out and 3-stock some Pit and post the video online to show you what to do?
I'm too tired to type. ~_~

TANORI

Smash Journeyman
well, please dont be so cocky, yeah you are one of the best playing with t. link but please dont be so cocky you just look bad....

I woudl really like some advice fighting pit...

Thanks in advance

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
lol i didnt think sasuke was being that cocky
i took it as a joke :)

anyway.. some advice.
ZAIR!
youll want to use zair a lot... it outranges all of pits moves and you can use it to get that upsmash to finish him off
also careful not to stand in one spot and spam constantly because he can easily reflect the projectiles back at you... it's a little difficult to beat him in the air so my advice would be to zair a lot and use projectiles at close range so he doesnt expect them/doesn't have time to reflect them
that way you can zair/aerial/projectile him effectively...

hoped this helped :)

p.s. to everyone: if i said something wrong, feel free to correct me

Santi

Smash Lord
And isn't the zair spacing right where it's hard for pits arrows to hit you?
Your not too far and not too close.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Oh yeah, cuz how could a guy whos Youtube background has "The Best" on it be cocky? I mean really. >=(
Jk jk. But my YT page DOES look nice. =) http://www.youtube.com/user/sasukebowserpikachu

On topic:
Yeah Santi. And it breaks through them.
And by breaks through them, I mean it SHATTERS them into peices.
Muhhaha!!~

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh yeah, cuz how could a guy whos Youtube background has "The Best" on it be cocky? I mean really. >=(
Jk jk. But my YT page DOES look nice. =) http://www.youtube.com/user/sasukebowserpikachu

On topic:
Yeah Santi. And it breaks through them.
And by breaks through them, I mean it SHATTERS them into peices.
Muhhaha!!~
Sasukebowserthebest never plays me on wifi D:

he always denies me when I try to join his games, and he never joins mine...

Against Pit, try a somersault/do a barrel roll/use the brake/use the boost to get through/USE BOMBS WISELY!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Thats because I'm playing someone on friend finder already. T___T;
I go on that a lot now.
Tomorrow I'll get home, make a room, and wait till you join.
Promise. =)

TANORI

Smash Journeyman
Sorry sasuke if i was being rude (i will try to take stuff like that as a joke).

Thanks guys for the advice i hope i can get some revenge...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Na its fine I came on a little strong anyway.
But I was bored. Sorry if I seemed like a jerk.

Good luck with the Pit thing.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
I don't post much and nowadays I don't really care to share my TL tactics unless I think you're really a serious competitive TL player. Takes too much time to explain and people tend to over look my effort because I'm detailed so my posts become long. People just want easy winning answers, I guess.

This is a match I know very dear so I'll share some tips if you IM me on AIM and ask. You can find my AIM in my profile.

Santi

Smash Lord
I don't post much and nowadays I don't really care to share my TL tactics unless I think you're really a serious competitive TL player. Takes too much time to explain and people tend to over look my effort because I'm detailed so my posts become long. People just want easy winning answers, I guess.

This is a match I know very dear so I'll share some tips if you IM me on AIM and ask. You can find my AIM in my profile.
okayyyyy......

wow.

TANORI

Smash Journeyman
Sorry i dont use AIM, but im really interested, im kinda trainig i havent had the time to take my revenge but im learning from this forums, so if you want to share what you know do it here i will read it.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Well, here are tips against Pit.

The Game Plan:

IMO, TL offensive isn't about combos. It's about spam and bait and create a combo when your opponent falls into your trap. It's pretty difficult with Pit due to the fact that he has good spam himself. So you need to understand where you have the advantage and avoid where you don't have an advantage. Use your Zair and projectiles to your advantage to bait them into Utilt/Bair combos or at least just jabs.

Approach-Wise:

Against a spammy Pit, at the right distance TL can change the spamming into your favor. Bombs will absorb Pit's arrows. Zair will eat through Pit's arrows. Ideally you want to get in mid-close range. The right distance is where the hookshot ends where the tip of it hits. Try the pattern: Short Hop, Immediate Air Dodge, Zair, Land, Throw Bomb Forward. Poke Pit with this pattern. Ideally, try to time the air dodge to avoid incoming arrows with the air dodge so you get a Zair to connect and the bomb to follow for a guaranteed hit. Of course a smart Pit would know what you're doing so they might try to stall and arrow or what not, but this pattern creates three safe guards against arrows. Air Dodge avoids it, Zair eats arrows, Bomb Absorb. If a Pit is charging an arrow then he will get hit. This will change the spam advantage to TL and Pit will have to approach.

Now, don't get to predicable with it. Mix up the patterns. Perhaps throw just the Zair out. Or throw the bomb and pull another. Or not and get ready to swing the sword. Throw in a boomerang or arrow once in a while.

Defense

There are times where Pit may be able to get a good spacing and attack. So when you feel like He's in the good position then back off out of the range and try to counter. Use Utilt or Jabs to get some breathing room or back off with Zair, Nair, or Bair to get them to ease their pressure.

Poke with Zair when you need to counter attack. Land with jabs if you feel like it's going to be blocked or dodged.

Be very careful with your hookshot grab. You should use it sparely or not at all. Use Utilt, Jab, or SH Nair out your shield if you need to do something out of a shield and unsure of the spacing. Be careful of running in powershield from Pit. If he can do it.

Bait & Combos

With your mid-range spamming, it's really hard to get ready to do a sword attack quickly if you have a bomb in hand right? Well the thing is there is going to be times where you are not going to have a bomb in hand and get ready to Utilt or Jab. Mixing it up makes it hard for your opponent to keep track of what you're doing.

You ideally want Pit to roll and punish with an Utilt and use that as a combo starter. Try to use Utilt when they are still in range before you go into the air with a Bair. Utilt tends to be very hard to dodge through cause it lingers. In the right situation your opponent may be able to dodge a Bair and touch the ground and punish you. So make sure Pit a good bit in the air and doesn't have enough distance to dodge, land, and counter attack. Stall Bairs if you need if you have a dodgy Pit.

Attacking & Killing

I really don't know what to tell you about killing. Really I do kill with the same move I bait and combo with. Utilt and Bair and also the Nair. There will be some dimish on Utilt and Bair since they are going to be use often, but along with your Zair, Bombs, jabs, and random projectiles to undimish them, TL's Utilt and aerials should kill around 140-160 easy.

Keep baiting Pit into the Utilt and if he dares, when he's at a high percentage it may kill him. If not it'll launch him into the air and you'll need to follow him and to bait him into dodging into another Utilt or quickly and suddenly jump up and Bair or Nair.

I really don't recommend smashes unless you see a wide opening for it. TL smashes are odd. They are not bad, but aginst Pit they really are since Pit recovers so fast for some reason. Usmash and Dsmash are so crazy fast it's crazy how it's so easy to dodge. Fsmash comes out a bit slow, and at times a good Pit player can a jump dodge right out of the second swing even when the first hits. WTF? Anyways, I'll even recommend Ftilt over the smashes. At the right part of the stage it can kill. If not at least it has less puniishable time and it'll give you some space if it lands.

There are other situations you can use a move I don't mention much to kill such as edgeguarding, platform oppoturnities, or whatnot. You should look for these moments when you can.

Last Words

In all honestly, my friend has a really good Pit. Our matches are close, but right now my friend has a better winning record in this match up. These tactics help me win or at least keep up. But I am still trying to break some bad habits I have that gets me punish or even KOed. I tend to attempt a hookshot grab and use smashes when I get to desperate for a kill and they get me punished. I'm still refining my strategy and these are what I found to be useful so far. Good luck with your match up.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
A fresh one? Wow.
What about Utilt?
I'm guessing not much lower.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
ImpactAR, mirror your post on the Pit discussion so all can see it for many ages. You can find it in the my stickied match-up directory.

Good stuff.

Top Bottom