• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs Lucas

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Hey, how do you guys usually deal with Lucas players? especially ones that pk-fire spam. I find that getting in there is hard but down tilt towards him works quite well to set him up for punishment. He doesnt seem to have a way to counter that close up. Hr'd be easy if you could tornado through fire. :ohwell:

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i normally approach lucas airborn, is fires cant get you there and u can get a fair or a dair in pretty easy, after that don't let up

Prax

Smash Journeyman
Sh airdodge works fairly well against pk fire. Lucas isnt too hard, and is basically dead if he has to use his up b to get back to the ledge.

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
gliding in is a good approach this way you cant be hit by pk fire......"what about pk thunder?" if you attack out of glide and hit pk thunder it will clash and you will be safe

mzink*

Smash Ace
i usually approach in the beginning from the air as most lucas's i play use pk fire right away, once im on him i STAY on him and try my best not to allow him to space himself from me.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Generally the big attacks and tricks you have to watch out for with Lucas is his PK Waveland and related moves. His short hops can also be deadly in the hands of a good player.

Against a Lucas player I want him airborne as soon as possible. Because I want to force him to use his PK thunder. If I get him to do that it can very easily be a short match.

For example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rHSWSMHd2U

A video of myself against a computer. Although I was trying to point out to a friend why computers don't work so well for practice. I can illustrate another point.

Top Bottom