• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Ike

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Ok, what's up everyone? I main Lucario, and I'm having trouble against my friend's Ike.

He always manages to override his jab over mine. And it seems like his initial jab has longer range than mine. He uses the Side B to approach, and I can't approach him while he's doing that. He'll either release it, or manage to hit me before I can launch a Dair.

Any help?

I was playing him online BTW.

xCheeZe

Smash Rookie
keep a AS (aura sphere) atleast halfway charged on you at all times, if he tries to sideB charge smack him with it, do that 2-3 times a match and he'll try to change up his strat.

the main thing you want to try to do is pretend to attack but backoff last second, keep up those mindgames and he'll mess up with a dumb Fsmash or Usmash, punish him for it with a Fthrow, into a double Fair and finish it with an Nair.

do this correctly and he should be close to if not off the stage - just outrange his interception attacks with a Bair (it has massive range)

ike can also be pretty well chain grabed with forcepalm so dont forget to use it at low percents for easy damage.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Ok, but whenever he uses Usmash or Fsmash I can never airdodge it for some reason, and if I'm in the air, I'm screwed.

xCheeZe

Smash Rookie
Fair has GREAT range, dont thnk just b/c it looks like u need to be in "kicking" distance it will hit, ive had Fairs reach waayy farther and turn them into combos. also if your in the air, a simple mindgame on your way down is spamming Dair, do it 2-3 times and it will screw up their timing with an Usmash and leave u open to dominate.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Play smarter. Throw projectiles all over the place, Ike has none to counter spam with. Learn to see what his smash moves look like. You can see them all long before they activate, so just try and see them coming and avoid them.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
What about his aether? He always manages to tilt it to me before I can launch a counter attack (i.e., charging a smash attack, get hit by aether on the way down). All he ever does is spam aether, Side B, some smash attacks, and Fair. And they all eventually kill me, even if I have that damage multiplier against him, he still manages to survive up to 200%.

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
Ike's weak recovery is fodder for edgeguarding. Extremespeeding to the ledge will help with this.

Furthermore, if you're getting him to really high percents like 200%, you should be able to predict some of his aerials and upsmashes while you're coming down in the air, and double team them. A 0% Lucario can KO a 200% Ike with Double Team for sure <_<.

Keep him at bay with Aura Spheres, and if you're going to go on the offensive, don't try using Forward Smash or Upsmash too often. Ike outranges you.

As for the aether spam, if you see him start doing it, double team. Aether's not hard to time correctly.

Dither

Smash Apprentice
What I do to counter any Ike players that are around is to abuse the double team. I know the move leaves you wide open regularly, but against moves that you can predict (most of Ike's), it works wonders. I've deliberately went into a charged smash to get hit by the counter, and it worked.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
like i said before, ike and lucario got this vibe that makes them rivals

Top Bottom