• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Falco

Rebelli0n

Smash Cadet
Having trouble approaching a friend that mains falco. I read the "match up" guide to him and it was saying stuff like "use armor pieces blah blah" and his darn reflector shield is very effective against the armor pieces. Was also saying be very aggressive, which i have a hard time getting through his lazers. Would love to see a write up, from a person experienced with fighting a good falco or direct me to a place which has one if i missed the thread =\

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I throw my armor away against him, and I capitalize on dsmashes if I manage to land them. I have a lot of trouble edgegaurding him, so I usually just play defensively in that respect. There's not much you can do against the chain grab besides hope he ****s up allowing you to down b out of it.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
D-smash chain is very effective. Crawl under laser spamming. Don't rely on your paralyzer for this one, and try to keep him in the air above you. A good Falco will be able to chain grab you, however, ZSS' is lucky in that her Plasma Wire is able to meteor cancel quick enough to still tether the edge.

Snakeee

Smash Master
That info is almost completely wrong. You have to be patient against Falco. I'm not going to give a whole guide now, but I'll mention a couple of things.

1. Typical thing they do at the start of the match is start shining. Grab an armour piece, and guess what you do? No you don't throw it. You jump up and forward B his *** while he's trying to reflect.
Then, I usually throw the piece after he gets hit. Usually after you throw a piece against him, you should start shielding in case it is reflected.

2. Down B escapes his chain grab instantly.

3. Like Cake said, crawl under lasers. Space with D-tilt while crawling when you get close. Don't just crawl right into him, mindgame crawling back and forth and try to get up when you have the opportunity.

4. Down B attack will hit him out of his Phantasm (side B). This is a very useful edgeguard if you anticipate it right. You can also go for your side B if you're fast enough to hit him before he phantasms, or if you expect him to recover in another way.

Edit: I actually just saw a vid by Sparrow that had two more ways to edgeguard the Phantasm when Falco goes for the stage. He downsmashed him out of it as well as hit him with a paralyser shot. I haven't thought of this before for some reason. Paralyser seems more accurate, since you're likely to actually hit with it. If you can space yourself far enough then d-smash is the better set up though.

I disagree about the D-smash chain though. It hardly works really. The most I can get against someone with good DI is two double d-smashes at 0%, or if the D-smash is degenerated, then three doubles at 0%. Both obviously go into a combo of your choice, and can be a nice damage racker. However, you shouldn't really go crazy trying to pull one off, since you'll often take too much damage yourself that way.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I don't attempt a d-smash chain, but if I happen to nail a really solid d-smash and I'm in position for one, I'll go for it if they're low.

Top Bottom