• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voice Actors?

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
i feel betrayed i knew something felt off about Palutena in trailer i just tought she was out of practice but it was someone esle entirely i just hope brandy has good comidic delevery if the KIU cast has codec style easter eggs this game

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
It's a wonderful heartbreak

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well now I feel like a fool, since I was the more vocal supporter of her being Ali Hillis, before someone call me out, I recognoice I was wrong but the voice actress did an outstanding job mimicing Ali Hillis, it is the same voice, and there were no real evidence it wasn't Ali Hillis from the begin

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Interesting news. The new actress did a very good imitation of the original voice though, so it's not bad at all.

Guess people who thought something was off about the voice were right all along.

Pit, Dark Pit and Viridi sound exactly as they did in Uprising. Although I'm not entirely sure about Magnus (Assist Trophy).

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
She says she was unavailable for the reveal trailer but does that mean she WILL be voicing her in-game? Just couldn't do the trailer?

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
She says she was unavailable for the reveal trailer but does that mean she WILL be voicing her in-game? Just couldn't do the trailer?
i don't know man i'd like to think that but at this point in development its kinda late for them to go back on it
besides seems to have done her research and since her and Hillis are good friends Hillis must have tought her the ins and outs of the character palutena's voice is in good hands

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Huh, it's a very good imitation, I could barely tell any difference.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Awww. Well, that sure was a great Ali Hillis impression though. Had me fooled from the beginning. This VA will fill the role perfectly.

Last edited:

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Thank you all for your replies... it's true, she does a good job, let's not be too worried about this.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
She sounds exactly like Ali! Well now I just feel silly for previous comment.

Is Anthony del Rio still voicing Pit? Is Charles Martinet still voicing Mario? I don't know what to believe anymore!

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I KNEW the VA was different when she said "Perhaps you'd like to see some of the powers I always used to protect you." Right at "perhaps." Still, she does a great job. Ali Hillis has a pretty husky laugh though, so that may be the only significant differential thing between the two VAs that could be noticeable in the game. Unless Brandy Kopp also has a husky laugh. ;)

Last edited:

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
I KNEW the VA was different when she said "Perhaps you'd like to see some of the powers I always used to protect you." Right at "perhaps." Still, she does a great job. Ali Hillis has a pretty husky laugh though, so that may be the only significant differential thing between the two VAs that could be noticeable in the game. Unless Brandy Kopp also has a husky laugh. ;)
i don't recall any isntance were palutena laugh

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I want to point out that Ali, the original voice actor said on her twitter that she wasn't able to provide her voice for Smash Bros in general, not just for the reveal trailer.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Is Anthony del Rio still voicing Pit? Is Charles Martinet still voicing Mario?
Yes, and yes. Dark Pit will likely also be voiced by Anthony del Rio.
It looks like we have confirmation from Ali Hillis on her Twitter account that she didn't provide Palutena's voice in her reveal trailer as she was unavailable and that her voice was actually provided by Brandy Kopp: https://twitter.com/missalihillis/status/482589658623143936.
I've been waiting forever to use this, so here it is:

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So it wasn't Ali Hillis that voiced her in Smash 4?

That is a surprise, but good job to whoever the voice actress is that provided her voice for the trailer.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
She definitely doesn't sound like the same voice actress that voiced her in Uprising. Whoever this new voice actress is made Palutena sound just as quirky as Peach.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Sorry to dig up a month old thread but it looks like we finally have confirmation from Ginny McSwain (the person who directed the voice actors in Kid Icarus: Uprising and SSB4 Wii U) that Hynden Walch did indeed reprise her role as Viridi in Smash 4: http://i.imgur.com/P3Sw9Rs.png

Top Bottom