• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Voice Actors

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Well Smash Bros 4 is coming soon, but through all the clips we have seen, we have not heard many of the voices. I have a thread for announcer, but what about fox's voice actor, we have not heard it, and so far his voice actor keeps changing. Do you think Sakurai will be doing the voice of king d. d. d. again?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Fox will probably be the same guy.

DDD will definitely be done by Sakurai.

Announcer is just gonna be some new guy with a crazy voice.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
It only changed in Brawl, IIRC. And that's because he actually got a new voice actor in his games after Melee.
They changed it in Brawl because they were using English for the first time.

64/Melee only had Japanese on the characters that had both.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I can see them trying to keep voice actors consistent. Getting the guys who did DK's and Diddy's voices from tropical freeze in. I hope they get Saums' voice actor back from Brawl I liked her voice for Samus. Overall I think if there's a voice actor currently voicing one one of the characters in this game they'll try to get them in for the sake of consistency.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Antony Del Rio, the voice of pit in uprising, is going to reprise his role as pit in smash bros.
Source: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1782508/
it is confirmed.
IMDB isn't very reliable for things that have not come out yet, as people largely assume things based on past games.

However, I do think Antony Del Rio will come back to voice Pit, and I do think Ali Hillis will voice Palutena if she makes it in.

The only characters we know for certain will keep their actors from their own games are Mario, Luigi, Peach, Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Kirby, Pokémon characters (in this case, their voices from the anime), and Sonic (in his reveal trailer, you can hear Roger Craig Smith's voice clips, since he has taken over as Sonic since Sonic Colours).

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046
Speaking of which, I wonder who will voice Marth? He didn't get an English voice in Brawl so it'll be interesting who they will get for him.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I'm sure the fighters will be voiced by whoever did their most recent voice work, or what sounds right for the character. Here's my assumptions for English VAs:

Fox: Jim Walker
Pit: Antony Del Rio
Little Mac: Matt Harty
Dedede: Masahiro Sakurai
Zero Suit Samus: Jessica Martin
Bowser: Kenneth James
Wii Fit Trainer: October Moore
Marth: Spike Spencer or someone else entirely

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
What I hope is they do not dub it that BAD in European languages. Man, the announcer in Spanish is pure sh¡t.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Since Doc Louis was voiced by the same guy who voiced him in the Wii Punch-Out!! in Mac's trailer, I think it's safe to say Mac's voice actor will return. I'm also hoping Spike Spencer reprises his role as Marth, that would be awesome.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm sure the fighters will be voiced by whoever did their most recent voice work, or what sounds right for the character. Here's my assumptions for English VAs:

I think Samus might be Jennifer Hale, too.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087

Samus might be an exception. Her Brawl VA was different from her VA for the previous game before that (MP3:C had Jennifer Hale voicing her, but Brawl had someone else entirely).

nessokman

Smash Lord
I don't think IMDB is a source per se because it could easily be an edit by a user making that assumption.
When he was asked if he was doing the voice, he said "I can't say, but it will be hamaaaazzziiinnnggg"

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
I want Marth to have his English voice done by Spike Spencer, the English voice of Marth in the Fire Emblem OVA. I think the English voice fits Marth's personality well. Spike also did the English voice of Excellus in Fire Emblem Awakening, so his chances of reprising his role as Marth are high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UN_lqoBO5A

This was a direct-to-video dub of the late 90s, so expect bad acting in the video. However, Spike still manages to do a good job.

And for those who think Marth's original Japanese sounds more manlier and cooler, well you're completely wrong, cause to the Japanese, Marth sounds 100% youthful and flamboyant. Again, I think Spike's voice of Marth is great.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
I think Samus might be Jennifer Hale, too.
Unlikely, she was last voiced by a woman named Jessica Martin in Other M. Jennifer Hale mostly did Prime 1-3 grunts.

Did Brawl have separate English and Japanese voice actors?
By the way, if Palutena gets an English Voice Actress for her taunts or whatever...this is what she looks like in real life:

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
We obviously know the voice of Mario and Luigi, Charles Martinet
But i hope the change dk and bowsers voice to their actual voice instead of random growls

R0Y

Smash Master
We obviously know the voice of Mario and Luigi, Charles Martinet
But i hope the change dk and bowsers voice to their actual voice instead of random growls
Martinet does Wario's voice too. And Waluigi when he appears :p

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I want Marth to have his English voice done by Spike Spencer, the English voice of Marth in the Fire Emblem OVA. I think the English voice fits Marth's personality well. Spike also did the English voice of Excellus in Fire Emblem Awakening, so his chances of reprising his role as Marth are high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UN_lqoBO5A

This was a direct-to-video dub of the late 90s, so expect bad acting in the video. However, Spike still manages to do a good job.

And for those who think Marth's original Japanese sounds more manlier and cooler, well you're completely wrong, cause to the Japanese, Marth sounds 100% youthful and flamboyant. Again, I think Spike's voice of Marth is great.
I don't understand how anyone could consider Marth's japanese voice "manly," but I most I've talked to (and myself) like it pretty well. But if Marth gets an english voice, I think it would be pretty cool if it was the same from the OVA.

That said, I also think it would be best for the voice casters to choose the best voice for Marth, regardless of whether it's Spencer or not.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
The real question is, which character is Troy Baker gonna be voicing in this game?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Marth better stick to Japanese. It wouldn't make sense to have him speak English now.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Marth better stick to Japanese. It wouldn't make sense to have him speak English now.
I don't see how that's true, really. He's had a japanese VA internationally for two games now. Exactly the same as Fox before Brawl.

Obviously the situations are different for different characters, but I feel that speaks more favorably for an english Marth voice than retaining his japanese one.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't see how that's true, really. He's had a japanese VA internationally for two games now. Exactly the same as Fox before Brawl.

Obviously the situations are different for different characters, but I feel that speaks more favorably for an english Marth voice than retaining his japanese one.
But Japanese is cooler than English. Half the **** he says is gonna be hella campy in English.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
But Japanese is cooler than English. Half the **** he says is gonna be hella campy in English.
Well, sure. But I don't see how that means it "doesn't make sense." Unless you're changing the subject. Which is cool. I just want to make sure I'm following, here.

On another subject, who is Sean Schemmel and why is it rumored that he'll voice Greninja?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, sure. But I don't see how that means it "doesn't make sense." Unless you're changing the subject. Which is cool. I just want to make sure I'm following, here.

On another subject, who is Sean Schemmel and why is it rumored that he'll voice Greninja?
The dude who voices Goku and Lucario. Why it's rumored that he'll voice Greninja, I have no clue.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
If you listen closely to the Smash Direct, Marth seems to have the same voice clips from Melee/Brawl.
Of course, this could change. Most characters don't seem to have voices at all like Rosalina and they'll probably eventually get voices.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
But it does make sense- Shadow Dragon was a remake of his game and it came state-side. Now, i don't want it either, but i'm saying it's possible...

LadPrime

Smash Rookie
We can probably guess a majority of the voice cast at this point. The Mario franchise isn't changing (though I do hope they record new samples). The Zelda characters are still based on their TP designs so I'd imagine those voice actors would return (just grunts, of course, but worth noting), and the Kirby franchise should also be unaffected.

Some potential changes might be:
Zero Suit Samus being voiced by her Other M VA
DK characters (they'll have to choose between the realistic grunts of Brawl or DKCR's more cartoony sounds, I'm guessing the latter)
Marth (already mentioned, English voice actor in Awakening could mean the same here)
Pit (KIU VA)
Pokemon characters (I believe the dubbing company has changed yet again since Brawl, so who knows what will happen? Pokemon with Japanese voices like Pikachu and Charizard will be unaffected)
Sonic (Roger Craig Smith)

R0Y

Smash Master
I suspect we'll only get 1 set of voice actors for the entire world. Let's assume they're an English/Japanese split for now. Mario/Luigi/Wario/Rosalina/Peach in English for example. Marth in Japanese, etc.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I would much prefer it if Marth gets an English VA this time around. To be honest, it didn't make sense to me how Marth was stuck with Japanese when Lucas got an English VA, and his game was never released overseas. Japanese doesn't make Marth sound any cooler, especially if you can actually understand what he says. It still makes him sound hella campy.

Though I do wonder who is going to voice Megaman.

Another thing is dealing with the Wii Fit Trainer. We know that both the male and female versions will be playable, but will the voice change as well? I hope it does, since that would sound so weird if it doesn't. It's not impossible to do, since Injustice did that whenever you pick the Jon Stewart skin for Green Lantern.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
Lucas didn't have an English VA. He had a Japanese VA. It's just that, in the original Japanese, the names of the abilities he used were in English. If you listen, you can kinda hear a bit of a Japanese accent.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Lucas didn't have an English VA. He had a Japanese VA. It's just that, in the original Japanese, the names of the abilities he used were in English. If you listen, you can kinda hear a bit of a Japanese accent.
You can hear it pretty well in his Final Smash.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What he says in Japanese is campy too it's just that most of us can't understand it.

His lines in Brawl are liternally: Everyone, eyes on me. Today, I have survived. This time is my victory, isn't it? And There is no way I can lose!

Last edited:
Top Bottom