• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva La Smashtaclysm video thread!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
i have a lot of vids that wont be released til we can pay our camerawoman for her time like we promised. this is just another reprocussion of having lost that money...

vids include: crews semi's and finals, teams quarters semi's and finals, also azen and cort's death pool where skler went crazy and ***** everyone and other friendlies and the late night crew battle
Skler and the late night crew battle.
Absolutely amazing.
Will help pay for this.

Drephen

Smash Master
Dont mean to sound like an *** but you had to pay somebody for vids? I thought it was just a tape recorded in a vcr. I've done it before and sliq and jiano have done multiple vids from major midwest tournies and it doesnt take that much time to upload the matches (midwest usually gets them up the next day), or worth getting paid for anyway.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah, really. if it was an issue you could have spread the vids throughout the community to the people with capture cards, ie emmy, me, etc.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dont mean to sound like an *** but you had to pay somebody for vids? I thought it was just a tape recorded in a vcr. I've done it before and sliq and jiano have done multiple vids from major midwest tournies and it doesnt take that much time to upload the matches (midwest usually gets them up the next day), or worth getting paid for anyway.
Nah drephen it's not like that, most of the money is to cover her for the work she missed by coming and getting things on film too. she took a wkend off of work to spend with me and ppl she doesn't know, so she has every right to be angry about getting screwed out of money.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I also have crowd reactions and KDJ after he ***** the crews.

"where's True Life? where's KillaOR? I wanna moneymatch him!"

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
All of the videos I uploaded are just a tape in a VCR. And no one paid me. :( If you want to pay me for them, I'd suggest just donating the money to the Mages anyway.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Cort, if i see you soon, and i got you the tape with the VLS finals and stuff on it, would you mind uploading it? turns out, my VCR is broken, so i cant even get the files to my computer.

Drephen

Smash Master
Nah drephen it's not like that, most of the money is to cover her for the work she missed by coming and getting things on film too. she took a wkend off of work to spend with me and ppl she doesn't know, so she has every right to be angry about getting screwed out of money.
im still not getting this. I took a weekend off of work as well and im sure about 75% of the people there did to. Im just saying that no one usually ever gets paid to make vids, even major tournies like pound and FC.

And are there 2 tapes, one from Solid Jake/Cort and Rapid Assassin? Im so confused

Sliq

Smash Master
im still not getting this. I took a weekend off of work as well and im sure about 75% of the people there did to. Im just saying that no one usually ever gets paid to make vids, even major tournies like pound and FC.

And are there 2 tapes, one from Solid Jake/Cort and Rapid Assassin? Im so confused
The person who did the videos might not give 2 ****s about the smash community, hence the need for monetary reparations. Otherwise, there would be no incentive for them to come and film ****.

Sliq

Smash Master
I don't see why vids were done through an actual person filming them and not just all through VCR/capture cards.... >_>
Because you have to make them play on the TV with the VCR/Capture card, whereas with a video camera, you can record where ever.

Also, some people make johns about VCR's creating lag.

Cort

Apple Head
I've been working hard to break Ken's Peach theory. >=/

You know, the one that encompasses like 70% of smashers.

Cort

Apple Head
*looks at Mike G, KrazyJones*

Hey look, retardedly good Peach players!

God dammit, there's no use.

I'm a Marth player anyway >_>

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
When are the good vids coming out?

No offense but i'd like to see Azen finals.

Top Bottom