• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vista

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
I just read ant-d's post about Kirby's brown/yellow/white coat when playing on a Vista machine. When I read that, my attention zoomed in on the word "Vista" and I was all like... "oh hell no, ant-d does NOT use Vista. That shït does not fly".

Anyways, Vista is gross-- out of principle. The whole crazy new file-whatevering system where data is stored in a vast amorphous blob if whatever was like... Vista's main selling point. And then they scrapped it just before release. SO WHO CARES?! All Vista is now is a new, buggy Windows version, which takes like a billion more graphics cards then ever before. I hear you need 4 3d accelerating graphics cards, MINIMUM, just to display the mouse. I don't even have 4 USB ports, so how the hell is that going to work?!

Bloody Microsoft and their graphics cards...

hebrewhammer

Smash Apprentice
Vista is a great operating system. I've been using it as my main OS since beta 2 and with RTM it has been nearly flawless. Way more productive in every way. FPS rates are nearly just as good now with recent driver updates. DirectX 10 will bring great new advances in the gaming world as well. If your computer can't handle vista its probably time for an upgrade anyway. I'm using Ultimate Edition by the way.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hear you need 4 3d accelerating graphics cards, MINIMUM, just to display the mouse. I don't even have 4 USB ports, so how the hell is that going to work?!

Bloody Microsoft and their graphics cards...
wow that is stupid. How CAN someone even hear that? Are you sure you weren't mowing the lawn, blow drying your hair and talking to a mac user at the same time? :urg:

hebrewhammer

Smash Apprentice
Vista isn't exactly mind boggaling or anything but it's pretty solid. I see it being like windows 2000 was to XP. Expect to see a really nice OS from mircosoft around 2010.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Vista's a lot better than XP at least. I've been using Ultimate for a few months now and everything just seems better than XP. No major, unfixable glitches so far either.

hebrewhammer

Smash Apprentice
Vista's a lot better than XP at least. I've been using Ultimate for a few months now and everything just seems better than XP. No major, unfixable glitches so far either.
Wouldn't say better quite yet. Defently up to par though.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Windows 98 is my favorite so far. No joke.

I'm being largely facetious, obviously (silly Lanowen), but Vista certainly won't be good until a few updates have gone by. :p I will bet you a bunch of money and stuff.

Top Bottom