• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridi vs Medusa as a Palutena Echo

LokiTheFlameshied

Smash Rookie
The thing is that Palutena uses a Shield in her attacks. If you are hoping for either Medusa or Viridi as an echo, you might be outta luck.
I'm sure that could be worked around. Wouldn't be the first time they gave them something they don't use (looks at Daisy using Toad).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She could be playable and when you go to Reset Bomb Forest, Alfonzo will be in charge of resetting the bomb.

Alfonzo: Leave it to me!
Viridi has already been deconfirmed tho
Inb4 the Reset Bomb Forest stage is nothing but a holigram/illusion made by Viridi so that everyone who weren’t involved in KI Uprising gets to experience one of her greatest accomplishments and fight on that specific battlefield

Alexandwong

Smash Rookie
I would love to see Viridi but I prefer she as a unique fighter.
Palutena has got a alt color dress as Viridi's which may be the reason why she is not playable in the demo version.
in smash 4, the icon of Pit sight in left direction, palutena is in the middle, dark pit in the right. So they look nice to be put together. But in Ultimate, Palutena icon art is no longer view directly in front,so maybe it implies Viridi would stand in, so Pit/Palutena and Dark Pit/Viridi would glare at each others?
Here is what i mean:

And I noticed Dark Pit's up-special revealed in smash trailer is blue instead of green so it may imply he is not under controlled by Viridi but
he still got the Pandora's power?
Phosphora as an assist trophy is yet to be shown which may imply she would be shown in Viridi's final smash instead?
Viridi mentioned the lightning chariot is under her command and now it is Pit's final smash. hmm that's strange

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Medusa.

Viridi doesn't have the proportions to fit as an Echo being too short. Medusa though is exactly the same height and weight structure-wise. Has a similar staff and basically opposites with Palutena. Goddess of Light and Goddess of Dark. Medusa is only more fitting, that and has more history with Kid Icarus having been in the first game.

Besides Viridi is ruled out as a playable character due to being in the Reset Bomb Forest stage.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I would love to see Viridi but I prefer she as a unique fighter.
Palutena has got a alt color dress as Viridi's which may be the reason why she is not playable in the demo version.
in smash 4, the icon of Pit sight in left direction, palutena is in the middle, dark pit in the right. So they look nice to be put together. But in Ultimate, Palutena icon art is no longer view directly in front,so maybe it implies Viridi would stand in, so Pit/Palutena and Dark Pit/Viridi would glare at each others?
And I noticed Dark Pit's up-special revealed in smash trailer is blue instead of green so it may imply he is not under controlled by Viridi but does he still got the Pandora's power?
Phosphora as an assist trophy is yet to be shown which may imply she would be shown in Viridi's final smash instead?
Viridi mentioned the lightning chariot is under her command and now it is Pit's final smash. hmm that's strange
Dark Pit lost his stolen powers the moment Pandora got out of his body, and other than Palutena/Viridi, there’s no one else confirmed alive that can give him flight...and Viridi using the reset bombs would make for a better final smash

Alexandwong

Smash Rookie
Dark Pit lost his stolen powers the moment Pandora got out of his body, and other than Palutena/Viridi, there’s no one else confirmed alive that can give him flight...and Viridi using the reset bombs would make for a better final smash

but in smash 4, dark pit flight color is green which is under Viridi's power but now he has blue one instead.
Viridi has used the last reset bomb in the space enemy chapter though. It would be weird to have double reset bomb anyway in reset bomb stage.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

but in smash 4, dark pit flight color is green which is under Viridi's power but now he has blue one instead.
Viridi has used the last reset bomb in the space enemy chapter though. It would be weird to have double reset bomb anyway in reset bomb stage.
Dark Pit’s PoF goes from the color green, to blue, then turns red

While Pit’s PoF goes from blue to yellow, followed by red (referencing the glow of his wings when playimg through aerial levels in Uprising, where said wings change color when changing flight speed)

Alexandwong

Smash Rookie

While Pit’s PoF goes from blue to yellow, followed by red (referencing the glow of his wings when playimg through aerial levels in Uprising, where said wings change color when changing flight speed)

I suppose you are right, even though Palutena can still help pit to flight when they appear in the same stage. So which doesn't mean Viridi can't do the same to Dark Pit, cross fingers to have her in smash

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I suppose you are right, even though Palutena can still help pit to flight when they appear in the same stage. So which doesn't mean Viridi can't do the same to Dark Pit, cross fingers to have her in smash
Hell quadruple those triple crosses that your already crossed fingers have crossed

xNaz

Smash Cadet
Isn't Viridi in the reset bomb forest stage? Does this mean Alfonzo is gonna take her place if you choose her?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Isn't Viridi in the reset bomb forest stage? Does this mean Alfonzo is gonna take her place if you choose her?
Viridi made a recreation of her favorite moment in her life and made it a Smash stage

Top Bottom