• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virginia Tech tourney 4/28

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Everyone's been asking about it, and I think I need a crazy tourney to help deal with the sadness thats been over me since the tragedy. I have no idea what the turnout will be, but even if its small I want something, it should be fun.

Teams seems to be losing interest, and didn't take long last time. So hopefully instead of 4 we could move for singles at 3 or shortly afterwards. So if everyone could get here and get teams going by 1, I think we can get things rolling. And Again I'm all for ordering pizza or whatever, and smashing into the late hours. Hope to see everyone here!

1711 Whipple Drive Apartment 10
Blacksburg VA 24060

entry fee: ten for singles, twenty for doubles (ten each)
Rules:
items off, team attack on
8 minute time limit
2/3 and finals 3/5

Neutral stages: final D, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land 64 and Fountain of dreams (singles only)

counter stages: Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, DK 64, Brinstar, Jungle Japes and Mute City (singles only)

Dave's stupid rule: no counter picking a level you've already won with during that set

the guys from nova all wanted to ban levels last time, I'm kinda against this, but would go with the majority if you guys want it, I just think there few enough levels as it is, and if a falco picks fd you just need to step it up.

let me know if you're coming, and of course we'll need some set ups. The Locals should constitute over ten again like the last couple times, I cant wait guys!

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Hey Bobz, you can pretty much expect Andrew and myself to be there again; with the same setup and chairs as last time.

I've been practicing until my ears melt, so hopefully I'll make a stronger showing this time; especially with Mario.

Met

Smash Ace
Dude we are there as always. Ready to hopefully not all get destroyed first two rounds. To bad alexander and trevor arn't going into teams anymore, me and red cant beat them. whenever red reads this i will be waiting for a pound.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
wow, there are a lot of posts in atlantic north these days, just bumping this up to so hopefully razgriz and the lbc guys can see it

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I'd love to come up again. Had a blast at the last one. I'm pretty sure I can make it, but I need to make sure. I'll have a more definitive answer in a day or so.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
Hey thx to Bobz & Face for PMing me about this thing. From now on I'll check all the pages just in case it gets bumped off. Are you going to do these on a monthly basis Bobz? 'Cause that would be pretty sweet. My previous source of transportation is kaput, and it's going to be another 3 weeks or so before I can get my license. In the meantime, I don't have any reasonably economic means of getting down there, and I'd really love to come. If I manage it somehow, I'll be there with a couple of TVs & Cubes, TW, Yugo, and possibly some other new faces as well for teams and singles. By the way, if anybody can pick us up from Forest Lakes in Albemarle County on the way we could cover gas money and compensate you for the trouble. I really hope I can find a ride. Every time I miss a tourney my day just sucks and I have no fun.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
werd, i hope you guys can make it, you rocked it up at the first tourney, i wanna see the improvements.

as for the monthly thing, may might get tricky, but for right now i'm planning to keep these going. the local guys come smash all the time and as long as they want more tourneys then i gotta provide.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Well, I should've known something would be up. I've got a meet in Amherst on the 21st, and unless I finish really early, I probably won't be able to make it in time for anything.

Sorry guys. Looks like I'll be a no-show again. :( Track sucks sometimes. Eats your weekends.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
**** man, why does stuff like this happen? Dont' wanna sound repeat-ish, but you know, everyone up there ok? What's up w/Adam? Haven't heard from that guy in ages. He stopped getting on AIM a long time ago. You talk to him at all, Bob? Either way, everyone there's def in my prayers. Take care, guys...

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
I really do hope you all are ok. Please let us know. I'm so sorry to hear what happened...
My heart goes out to you all.
Be safe, guys.
<3

Thwick

Smash Journeyman
Hope everyone is safe. If you decide to run tourney maybe donate $ to some type of fund for those down there.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Living in a world of a Vtech Massacre
Honestly, who could foresee that disaster?
Maybe his close friends, roommates, or his parents
But again, it's too late, people were careless

Now I'm not pointing fingers or assigning guilt
ultimately, he's responsible for the destruction he built.
So I felt the need to drop a verse or two
for those consumed by the worst news and cursed truth
ever committed by a disturbed youth

Maybe to you it's blantantly obvious
the preventitive measures needed to stop this
Increase gun control, or eliminate violence in the games that feed 'em
It'll happen less as long as we annhilate some freedom
I can't tell you what the right or wrong is
Maybe some people could benefit from taking some bong hits

Now weed being illegal, what the HELL IS THAT?
I know more people who smoke than hold a gatt.
The latter IS legal and can cause torment and harm,
while the other is just a plant that's grown on a farm.
I'm not here to spread my political and fundamental Ideologies
Just to inform you on some critical and governmental hypocrysies

good luck recovering Tech, I'm sure you are all shook up bad.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
hey all, me and my roomie are fine, and I've heard from most of the local smashers i know, everyone seems fine, we're all just broken up over this.

sorry i couldn't get on sooner, wind knocked down the power in my building, just now got it back. I think i'm going to have to cancel this event, so i can go home and see my mom. Everything is just too crazy here right now, we'll have to do it some other time.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My heart goes out to all of you at tech. I hope everything works out and keep us updated.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Take care Bobz. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope you're able to get your stuff straight back with your family.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Lets try to do this Saturday, even if turnout aint so hot I want something. The locals are looking good, and hopefully the ones that wouldn't of been able to show at the last date can this time. I can't wait guys, I need the crazy smash more than ever right now.

Savedge

Smash Apprentice
dude i can't make it i have a prior engagment on that date.. any chance of doing it next weekned ???? :)

Dark Tim

Smash Journeyman
Hey, im pretty sure that i can come. YEAH!!!!

anyone need a partner in the teams tournament?!?!?!?!?

P.S.-- Bob, i got your monies right here this time around

Met

Smash Ace
Woho Ima try and get as many highschoolers to this as i can. Mabye some folks from fun and games. if i can get 5 ( not including all the peps you know bob ) i will be happy. I'm excited that i will be here this weekend.

To beat alexander that is.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
waddup TECH. I hope everything is getting back to normal somewhat. You all are in my prayers.

man i hope not all of you guys are seniors.

im pretty hyped to be going here next school year. ^^I gotta work on gettin AIM so i can get in contact. Ill be interested to see how i stack up against you guys. I must say im pretty beastly.

anywayz good luck at the torny and MAKE SURE TO POST RESULTS!!!!

Shepp

Smash Apprentice
im not coming to this one. work and ****. theres a chance somebody else from our crew will be coming up though. ;)

Top Bottom