• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virginia, let's freakin do this! SoVA wants NoVA, and more! April 14th?

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
...Or you could just let Tech play, since if there is a MiVa crew I'll be on that one. I cant abandon the people I learned mediocre smash with if they make a crew. But I promise, I'll feel guilty for every stock I take from you guys. On a related note, you're gonna want a good sheik to take me out if Im not on your crew, so CStick you might want to start brushing up.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
WTF @ form my own crew and ****.

Just because not everyone goes to tournies all the time doesn't mean they don't play.

I play with several people down here on a regular basis, and they deserve a chance to be represented in a way that doesn't occur very often because they don't travel.

Meep and I will play the anchor in this crew battle, that way everyone gets a chance to fight.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Tope, as far as houses are concerned, I could do a 10 person crew battle at my house. Unless yours has more room.

CStick

Smash Lord
in that case, then Tech is definitely a consideration

...as would be dragon, but i havent heard from him in a good while...

TouchingtheVoidII

Smash Rookie
WTF @ form my own crew and ****.

Just because not everyone goes to tournies all the time doesn't mean they don't play.

I play with several people down here on a regular basis, and they deserve a chance to be represented in a way that doesn't occur very often because they don't travel.

Meep and I will play the anchor in this crew battle, that way everyone gets a chance to fight.
I agree with Tope cause I dont smash with you guys but i know myself(not trying to be egotistical) that I am at least good with Marth and pretty good with most other chars and to not count some people out just yet

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
well anyone that wants to get down with a sova crew NEEDS to meet up with me if i havent meet you yet. i know that lots of players dont travel or play to often that are really good (dragon, mark, ether...) but i dont want to throw anyone into a battle that thay cant handle. honestly, this is going to be a hard fought battle regardless of whos on what teams. if you want to find out if you can handle it, then play me, Lee, cstick and, a few other regulers that play with us.
i dont doubt that theres some good players out here that i havent seen. but before throwing a random person in the mix id like to know thay could atleast handle players at our level. once we step up to nova its not going to be pretty so i just want our team to be ready for the worst.

and once again, EFF FALCO! YOUNG LINK BABY!!!!

CStick

Smash Lord
Tope, you know what I meant. If you guys, as in you, Cyrain, and the rest of richmond can form a crew, then thats cool, and that will make everything more interesting

Ether

Smash Ace
yo i havent played samus in a hot minute, but i think it should go like this

lee- zelda
colin- ganon
cow- mew2........psych peach
ono- falco
ether- ive never seen u play but i hear u have a good fox
rad- link

then i dunno, because i think my marth would be a crew rapist, but thats just from my point of view, and i'd be down to have to fight for the spot to play marth. but if not then it finishes out like this:

cstick- marth
tech(he plays samus right?)- samus
and i'd rock sheik i guess, or just double up on peach, marth, falco

someone tell me how that looks?

Actually, I'd feel a lot more comfortable using Marth instead of Fox. So if we do this single character crew shiz, then maybe CStick should use Fox and I'll use Marth.

I'm looking forward to taking all of Chozen's stocks....o snap teh trash talk!!1!!1

Cow

Smash Apprentice
still lookin, nothing great yet.. I might have to move the tournament back a week or two, i totally forgot about it being st patrick's day and that being something of a big deal. anyway i'm gonna meet with some people about renting conference rooms tomorrow

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
No wonder Tope has such a large house.. everything is cheaper down in SoVa... including all of the seafood dinners I'll be buying all of your mothers [due to an excessive amount of fish] and never calling them again.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
still lookin, nothing great yet.. I might have to move the tournament back a week or two, i totally forgot about it being st patrick's day and that being something of a big deal. anyway i'm gonna meet with some people about renting conference rooms tomorrow
So, does that mean you want me to hold off planning it at my house then?

Cow

Smash Apprentice
So, does that mean you want me to hold off planning it at my house then?
Yeah, I've still got some stuff to check before I give up on down here. sorry if i've inconvenienced you already

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Yeah, being in Newport News would be ideal, seeing as I'm really lazy. I'll see if Game Crazy knows of any venues that hold tournaments. Cow, awesome for trying so hard to find a venue. Hopefully we can still pull a crowd of 30+

C3 needs to expand down to Sova

M3RC

Smash Apprentice
Yo, I dont feel like reading through this whole thread so can someone explain to me what's going on? Newport News? SoVa as*raaped?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only problem I have with holding it down there is that I'm one of the closest people to SoVa, and it's already a 2 hour drive for me.

Most of the NoVa people are going to have a 3+ hour drive, not to mention the MD people that might want to come.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
well i'm trying to keep it in newport news as opposed to virginia beach, which is a decent bit closer.. probably about an hour from richmond, depending on which part you're in. it should only be about 3 hours from nova to here, depending, but once again my venue options are slimming daily. Incidentally, a month and a half advance isn't anywhere near enough time to book a conference roomdown here. also, the marriott wants $500 for a room, and f that noise. I'm trying to look into various lodges, but i don't know how successful i'll be with those.. especially what with st patrick's day.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
I did it. Cow i found you a venue, and it actually supplys the TVs! theres a "venue for rent" place out in newport new. its in hte same location as teh tounament Whodat and Dragon where throwing last weekend. not to many people knew or responded and it was the same day as other tourny so no one showed up but me and lee. the good thing was i learnd that this place was a place where you can throw any tourny so long as you play the venue fee (thay where posting 5 $ a person for the last tourny) and thay will supply what looked like 15 , 20" or so tvs
thay used to supply systems as well, but thay got stolen. thay may have the systems back also by the time you get this off the ground. but right now its the best place for a tourny like this.
you should go down there and talk to the owner and see whats up.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
I did it. Cow i found you a venue, and it actually supplys the TVs! theres a "venue for rent" place out in newport new. its in hte same location as teh tounament Whodat and Dragon where throwing last weekend. not to many people knew or responded and it was the same day as other tourny so no one showed up but me and lee. the good thing was i learnd that this place was a place where you can throw any tourny so long as you play the venue fee (thay where posting 5 $ a person for the last tourny) and thay will supply what looked like 15 , 20" or so tvs
thay used to supply systems as well, but thay got stolen. thay may have the systems back also by the time you get this off the ground. but right now its the best place for a tourny like this.
you should go down there and talk to the owner and see whats up.
Dude that's awesome
Was this that ascendency gaming place? it seemed a little small when i drove by, but i guess it's worth a look. Also, i've been debating changing the date.. it may move back to april 14th, but if i can make march 17th work i'll try.. but i think uh.. st patrick's day might pose a problem for attendance, which is why i'm tempted to push it back. Anyway, i'll drop by there and ask around when i get a chance

CStick

Smash Lord
after playing ether in marth/fox dittos, I think he should go Fox/Marth lol. My fox is scrubby and my marthis rusty as ****

I can just go Ganon or Samus, or train my Marth up again

also, Tech is prolly grounded til the end of the school year for him due to him fuxing up with his grades, so dont even count on him as showing up :( that lazy bum

also, I havent seen the dojo guy online in like...forever, so i havent talked to him. sry. But tat ascend place sounds like a good deal compared to everything else

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Ganon and samus eh... you gotta stop taking my characters Cstick!

it's ok, I suck equally with everyone, so I don't really have a character. dorf1233 put out an awesome ganon combo vid too, you would probably it.

yeah, try and get it on march 24th. april 14 would be pushed too far back I'd say. let's hope that this venue works out, and I'm kinda bummed I didn't know about this other ssbm tourney in newport news last weekend. what's with that? I was smashing hard at my place, I could've used some competition.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
yo if you find a place david my and trevor and the kids from blacksburg might see if we can hitch a ride from bob and come up.
it'd be awesome if you guys could make it
I'm gonna go check out that place asap, i don't know if they'll be open when i'm done with classes/shopping today but i'll try to stop by

Cow

Smash Apprentice
cow you only have 90 posts and you've been a member for 4 years, I have 10 times that amount.

you are obviously a nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOb
posting is for losers
.... crap

anyway, i went by ascendency today and uh.. it was closed? they say their hours are 4pm to 9 pm on weekdays, but uh, despite that and the open sign clearly displayed on the door, it was locked and nobody responded to a knock
also, this place seems really small. Is there a larger facility like that thing in the back that they're using, or is it really just that little building? That's fine for weeklies or whatever, but it's not gonna be big enough for the turnout i'm hoping for

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
well. I suppose any date other than st. patricks day is good for me. april 14th it is. way to go Cow, we'll make this tourny great. I think my roommates and scrubish friends are gonna go. it'll be there first tourny, I'll try to train them up.

Adwillia... animal. still sova at heart

DragonCharlz

Smash Cadet
Thanks O-No for being the only one to bring me up. If I were to play in the crew battles (or try to anyways) I have no idea what character I'll be using, especially with cow playing peach and all... I'd have to do something like dr. mario or something, and I only played him to learn how to shffl... I'll definitely watch the crew battles atleast. That and I need more practice more often, I'm still playing MvC2, who knows why...

And cow, about ascendency being closed when you went by, I'm not sure if you talked to whodat or not, but since all the systems are stolen theres really nothing to do there during the week right now, so if you want him to be there I think you need to call him first.

Oh yeah, I'll try to make it for the tournament, too. I can always get the day off.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
w00t so its scheduled for april 14th now? thats cool. are u guys ready to see 2 random VB smashers that will get crushed out of the competition? i hope u guys dont pwnz0r us too badly.
lawlz!

Top Bottom