• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - Bad enough dudes! - ENDGAME - HERO + RAM VICTORY!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But honestly, Juri has a hider/linker made no sense.

She'd fit more as a vig or arguably a bodyguard with one-shot bulletproof (latter makes sense if you saw the Juri OVA)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Who would have ever thought it would be Veggietales that screws with everyone's head in the game and lead to Mafia's victory? :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After all these comments, I'm starting to wonder if I did anything right.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean, in all fairness, a lot of what's wrong came from some spur of the moment decisions where you had to come up with some roles quickly.

And the game ended up bigger than planned too.

So really, just take it as a lesson about planning ahead next time you host.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, in all fairness, a lot of what's wrong came from some spur of the moment decisions where you had to come up with some roles quickly.

And the game ended up bigger than planned too.

So really, just take it as a lesson about planning ahead next time you host.
Yeah that... just kind of confirms it was kinda crap.

Which I was worried about.

Sorry we went out with a stinker everyone.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah that... just kind of confirms it was kinda crap.

Which I was worried about.

Sorry we went out with a stinker everyone.
I mean, that's not entirely your fault.

Town really didn't play well in this game either.

And mafia was mostly just tripping itself and somehow managing to make things work.

A lot of players need to share the blame with you on this one.

Myself included for essentially putting a target on my head before the game even began, then making my case even worse as the game actually went on.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

And mafia was mostly just tripping itself and somehow managing to make things work.

Myself included for essentially putting a target on my head before the game even began, then making my case even worse as the game actually went on.
Not helping.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

pretty much lol, we all kinda screwed things up here

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Well, helping's never been a big strength of mine.

But either way, don't worry too much about it. You did what you could with the cards you were dealt with.

No matter the result, that's worth some respect.
that too

ya made a god damn 23 mafia game

and made it work, a lotta things got crumbled but it still damn worked

D

Deleted member

There were issues with the balancing, yes, but I don't think this was a broken mess. It was still fun, even if it ended rather anticlimatic(well, that's on us, actually).

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Is this a pattern? Every time the game ends the person who made it has to apologize about it being broken?

Like, I said it last time I'll say it this time, too. So much of this game is up to the players that a broken ability can go completely unused and a seemingly useless ability can suddenly turn the whole game on its head.

It was fun, that's all that matters.

I still say I should have gotten both Shish and Praline's abilities, tho.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Is this a pattern? Every time the game ends the person who made it has to apologize about it being broken?
self deprecation can be a ***** :V

butt ya just how people are, when ya create something ya want it to run the way ya imagine, and when it doesn't peeps first thoguths are "i made it so i didn't make it right" just how people thoughts tend to go towards, something ya realize when ya play tabletops, ya just also need to realize ya playing something with many other people and its not your full responsiblity, everyone has their own actions in it and so its responsible to everyone not just one person, don't take it all against yourself, espeically when peeps still had fun~

D

Deleted member

self deprecation can be a ***** :V

butt ya just how people are, when ya create something ya want it to run the way ya imagine, and when it doesn't peeps first thoguths are "i made it so i didn't make it right" just how people thoughts tend to go towards, something ya realize when ya play tabletops, ya just also need to realize ya playing something with many other people and its not your full responsiblity, everyone has their own actions in it and so its responsible to everyone not just one person, don't take it all against yourself, espeically when peeps still had fun~
Your tabletop comparison made me think of a role idea lol
Hmmm........

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
There were issues with the balancing, yes, but I don't think this was a broken mess. It was still fun, even if it ended rather anticlimatic(well, that's on us, actually).
If we're given the option to get rid of suspects in bulk it's hard for a lot of people to resist doing so. Better for the option to not exist. When the idea first came up, the door opened for us to try and game the system and that is a door nearly impossible to close.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Your tabletop comparison made me think of a role idea lol
Hmmm........
You are "The Rules Lawyer", third party.

Your win condition is to successfully convince the GM that they're misinterpreting a rule.

D

Deleted member

If we're given the option to get rid of suspects in bulk it's hard for a lot of people to resist doing so. Better for the option to not exist. When the idea first came up, the door opened for us to try and game the system and that is a door nearly impossible to close.
Honestly, on Day 2, we should have just tied in the vote between everyone but the ones from Red's riddles and Red himself. Of course, while having some people on lookout for last minute voting shenanigans. This would have ended with Opossum, Coricus, you, Red, RamOne, Yellow and Zeb living and it would be incredibly easy for you guys to just repeat the process with those three the next Day.
See? I broke the game!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Killing everyone in the tie was meant to make people NOT want to vote for ties.

You didn't get rid of suspects in bulk. Only days that applied were the lynchproof test and the final derp.

You folks were just too confident that you'd have one mafia dead, let's be honest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You are "The Rules Lawyer", third party.

Your win condition is to successfully convince the GM that they're misinterpreting a rule.
GM: "A large boulder is blocking the entrance to the cave."
Guess who: "I flirt with it."

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

You didn't get rid of suspects in bulk. Only days that applied were the lynchproof test and the final derp.

You folks were just too confident that you'd have one mafia dead, let's be honest.
I'm not saying we were right, it wouldn't matter whether or not the tie rule was right or nor if we weren't trying to abuse it in the first place. That's why in my game I was tight lipped about ties (and discouraging about it in the flavor) because I wanted everyone to just focus on the one decision and not be tempted by anything more.

Honestly, on Day 2, we should have just tied in the vote between everyone but the ones from Red's riddles and Red himself. Of course, while having some people on lookout for last minute voting shenanigans. This would have ended with Opossum, Coricus, you, Red, RamOne, Yellow and Zeb living and it would be incredibly easy for you guys to just repeat the process with those three the next Day.
See? I broke the game!
Dude I said that (basically). I mean, it was posed as a joke, but I mean if we were going to try and break mafia we should have tried to shatter it in pieces or stick to one a day, two at most. Though the problem is, like you bring up, the thinner we spread out the votes the easier it is for the mafia to end game things in their favor by messing with the tie at the last second. It'd have to be planned out well and the more people involved the more likely they might resist the idea (quite reasonably) and threaten the entire balance of votes.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

I stand by my reasoning that killing King proved who the mafia were whether he was in it or not. Killing myself was just meant to prove it to everybody else.

Late but the game itself was great. There were some possible fears with the third parties but they didnt actually wind up happening lol.

Making such a great game out of 23 roles is pretty impressive.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
While I didn't play at all this game, this certainly was an entertaining finale to the group. (I'll try and post more in depth thoughts in the graveyard later)

Also, since I realize I never said it once this entire game despite all of the mistakes that the town made, allow me to say it now:

This town is garbage, you factoring hectopascals!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You did a pretty good job Swamp. I had a blast playing this game.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Life firmly grasped me the past week. Not in a bad way--just getting responsibilities done and calls to family/friends--but it was enough to keep me busy from any kind of social media browsing until today more or less.

I was a proven member of Town and had a lot of information that could have helped change the favor of the game's result, but I was too inactive to make any use of it and help those of you who reached out to me. For what it's worth, I'm sorry about that guys.

Good job Heroes! Looking forward to (actually) participating in a Mafia game in the future with you all.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just curious...

If GRC used his primary or secondary on me would that have blown my cover? Or was I immune to that ability?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I imagine it would have blown your cover.
I remember my teammates telling me that I was useful is screwing with GRC's rolecop abilities which led me to believe I was immune to that.

Either way it's great he took a hiatus around the time I was "revived" lol.

if he used the "reveal entire role" I imagine you were ****ed. Fake PM only changes the flavor for you "dying"

Checking your media would not have done anything since. . .the fake claim was the same as the real one.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Damn GRC could have pinned me down and screwed our chances at victory lol.

For what it's worth he was the townie who was most suspicious of me whereas everyone else was focused on other things.

Damn GRC could have pinned me down and screwed our chances at victory lol.

For what it's worth he was the townie who was most suspicious of me whereas everyone else was focused on other things.
?

GRC was a confirmed townie. He was one of the least suspicious. Only person even with him was Holder of the surviving players because he was confirmed by the riddler.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
?

GRC was a confirmed townie. He was one of the least suspicious. Only person even with him was Holder of the surviving players because he was confirmed by the riddler.
He said that GRC was the only townie suspicious of him.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Happens to the best of us. I misread things a lot myself.

Top Bottom