• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - Bad enough dudes! - ENDGAME - HERO + RAM VICTORY!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean your biggest help was the fact that you didn't need to fake claim. If the game lasted longer you guys might have lost cause i knew who the entire mafia team was by the end of the last night.
That's true.

Made us a lot easier to trust, to the point where the only mafia who died was purely because Cori went RNG mode.

But by the time she did that... it was already too late for the town. :p

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
still gotta give props to woomy though

she did deduce uni through rng, and if she had lived longer and didn't take the bait she would of gotten another mafia while leaving me to my death

she was towns mvp and did pretty well

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
pretty much honestly lol

still remember how the graveyard kept calling praline the mafia mvp :laugh:
(sorry praline)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Also would have helped if the real cop didn't act so damn sketchy.
I don't even know what to say to this honestly.

Just move on man, you're tossing out excuses and pointing fingers too much.

When I said about blaming others for everything to cope, that was a joke. :p

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i hope were not being offensive ^-^'

the last thing i wanna do is rub salt into peoples wounds....

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
i hope were not being offensive ^-^'

the last thing i wanna do is rub salt into peoples wounds....
You're being like Pokechu was during Pokemafia.

I'm gonna be salty for a fair bit about your teasing but the instant a new game starts it's reset time.

Even if I forgive I might not necessarily forget, though. :4darkpit:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

I'm gonna be salty for a fair bit about your teasing but the instant a new game starts it's reset time.

perfectly fine and understandable ^-^

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Like how Imma be salty about when you killed me.

Literally the perfect time too.

It was dirty, it gives me salt... but I also love it for those reasons...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

And I'm gonna be so happy because I was so scared I would screw up desperado. :awesome:

Turns out it was the one thing I DIDN'T screw up that game. :urg:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
You act like praline dying instead of Opo was such a dramatic surprise when it changed literally nothing except who died.
Katt still got a kill, the Mafia still won the game when the phase ended.

Literally what is the goddamn problem here? You're the only party involved that is freaking out over this, and you weren't even one of the players who was affected in any way.
Katt (the Strongman), Opo (the target), and praline (the Bodyguard) don't see the issue, so why should you?

Just because no one was outright told that the Strongman would be redirected to a Bodyguard if they are blocking the target regardless of what the Wiki says?
So...alert the Mafia that a Bodyguard exists and/or alert the Town that a Strongman exists? Just so "no one is surprised"?
Do you not understand how asinine that logic is?

EDIT: Even your hypothetical scenario of having a Doctor that roleblocks their target unlike a "normal" Doctor doesn't even fit the argument, as players are told what their roles will do in each game.
No one is EVER told you are -insert role- and just expected to know what that means based on outside sources.
If someone is a roleblocking Doctor, they would be told UP FRONT that they are a roleblocking Doctor.
How is that even a question?
If I may, I don't want to derail this thread further, but I'd like to offer my perspective on this.

I see no problem with how you guys chose to interpret the roles. It makes logical sense for praline to die instead of Opossum.

However.

From a game balance perspective, it feels like Strongman is meant to be a near certain kill, only losing out in the event that the player literally leaves the game for the night. In that case, adding in an additional way to prevent the Strongman death seems to go against the nature of the role. It ultimately didn't matter for us whether it was Opossum or Praline who died; but what if it was integral to plan? What if Opossum had a skill we needed to get rid of asap, and so we chose to use the Strongman, believing it to be a guaranteed kill, only to later find out it isn't?

If you've ever played DnD, the DM has final say on everything, on every rule, on every stat. Arguing that he's going against the rules is a lost cause because he makes up the rule. BUT the rules are there in the first place to give everyone an even understanding of how the game is meant to be played. When DMing, you have to be careful not to change something so much that the players no longer understand important elements of play.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
And I'm gonna be so happy because I was so scared I would screw up desperado. :awesome:

ya just took the bait i left and shish's encouragement to fire

nothing wrong to feel bad for, ya did the right idea on your end, we were just 2 steps ahead of ya :V

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

perfectly fine and understandable ^-^
Well, you guys have certainly been having a lot of fun on here, I can say that much. However... I can't wait to see what happens when I've now joined the fray... ;)

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

What'd I do during Pokemafia? The "lol bye Coricus"? :^( I'm sorry!

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

If RNG had chosen Ram, we'd be singing a completely different song.

Your desperado just so happened to have taken down a scum who had become completely useless to the plans.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
being a player in mafia really isn't reds thing though, i mean he does seem to do it occasionally, but he seems more or less happy sitting out or spectating

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
being a player in mafia really isn't reds thing though, i mean he does seem to do it occasionally, but he seems more or less happy sitting out or spectating
Which is fairly lamentable, as being a snarky jokester is more a player thing and he's got that down to a T.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think it's just because he doesn't always has the time.

A real shame, because he was fun in Animafia.

Didn't talk with him much in FFA, so I can't say anything here, but what little I saw was still great.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don’t think I played a single game with Red. Yes he and I were both in the FFA but we literally never interacted.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'd love for red to participate in this mafia session if he can, especially if he has some Pika-esque moments up his sleeves. And besides, who wouldn't want to see a crossover of Yellowlord x redfeatherraven, with our combined friendliness and silliness? :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom