• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager's Perfect Pivot - Tips and Tricks

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Villager's Perfect Pivot: Tips and Tricks

Villager's Perfect Pivot: Is it long?

No.

However, do not fear, for we are not without our use of this interesting technique, fellow Villagers.

I'm going to be compiling my personal favorite uses for Villager's Perfect Pivot, as well as asking you for YOUR input on what works for you, or you feel should be tested for viability.

Perfect Pivot -> FSmash

This should be an obvious one. Villager's Fsmash has a big advantage of it being a really early kill move. However, its biggest flaw is that it's range is pathetic. However, Perfect Pivoting into an Fsmash gives it the range of a normal Fmash, making it much more of a threat on ground-level.

Speaking of Fsmash...

Perfect Pivot -> Fsmash off the ledge

As you might recall, Villager's Fmash is interesting, because it drops from the side of the stage like a projectile. Normally you are in a situation, after you get the opponent off the stage, where you can edgeguard with the tree, or the bowling ball. The tree, while it takes longer to get up, can fall of the ledge if you are further away.
However, running up and Fsmashing is tricky, as if you do it too fast (before your character fully stops his run or dash) you'll just do a dash attack, or perhaps even fly off the ledge into a slingshot attack. Perfect Pivots into an Fsmash will cover that slight distance quickly, and enable you to do an Fsmash immediately afterwards.

Perfect Pivot -> Dsmash

When you Perfect Pivot into a Dsmash with Villager, he will shovel in front of him first, then behind him. While it would be more useful being able to slide into an opponent and shovel immediately, this still has its fair share of uses. If an opponent is going to dash attack or dash grab you, Perfect Pivoting away and shoveling them on the spot you were just standing on could lead to an easy Usmash punish.

I'll add more useful applications to the list, though things like Perfect Pivot -> Jab are general Perfect Pivot tricks mentioned in My Smash Corner's video, so I wouldn't put them here specifically for Villager.

I'm experimenting with whether Perfect Pivot -> Pocket has any added benefit. It just might.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
My thumb hurts so bad when I try perfect pivoting....

Cool guide though!

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Thanks~

And you don't have to do it that hard X3 just take it easy~ just gotta be quick.
I also accidently did a PP on 1-1. It was an unexpected umbrella (side tilt) I literally told myself "Wait, did I do that?"

Villagers side tilt is quick and a solid move. You might wanna add that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Perfect Pivoted axe would probably be devastating once people start to get it down too. I see some potential but, like a lot of advanced techniques, the really good stuff probably won't come about for another year when a good percentage of the better players have got it down pat.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Perfect Pivoted axe would probably be devastating once people start to get it down too. I see some potential but, like a lot of advanced techniques, the really good stuff probably won't come about for another year when a good percentage of the better players have got it down pat.
The only problem with Perfect Pivot Axe is that it'd swing behind Villager, so he couldn't just approach with it and axe.

Though I think people will end up figuring out how to Perfect Pivot and still face the same direction.

It CAN however, be used to dodge an attack or dash grab, then axe the spot you were just standing at.

Last edited:

MaggieMagister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4657-0072-4618
The only problem with Perfect Pivot Axe is that it'd swing behind Villager, so he couldn't just approach with it and axe.

Though I think people will end up figuring out how to Perfect Pivot and still face the same direction.

It CAN however, be used to dodge an attack or dash grab, then axe the spot you were just standing at.
Can't you just do a down-back + B? You can axe in the opposite direction Villager is standing by doing that.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Oh yeah, Axe is one of those moves that can be turned around.

I guess thats a possibility too, tho I think perfect Pivoting while ending up looking in the same direction isnt too hard, its good to have both options.

I guess the axe can be used in the same way fsmash can. Not a lot of range, but great kill power.

Top Bottom