• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager's AT Compilation Thread

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, throwing another accidental discovery at you. Haven't been able to replicate it yet, but hoping one of you can: some kind of delayed lloid~

Goodness gracious, who knew that the Lloid could have so much AT potential?

It looks like the Rocket comes out as soon as you hit the ground, maybe that's a good place to start? Im gonna toy around with this and see what I find.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
HAHAHA

That's a funny one

Maybe you have to frame-perfect input a lloid after another one explodes, and it will come out if you're still in lloid animation as you land

Frame
Perfect

I'm gonna switch mains lmao.

trevskeet

Smash Cadet
NNID
trevskeet
Did it explode or fly off-screen? Can't quite tell myself, too much noise for my ears to decipher.

Edit: YouTube error deleted the original upload, here it is again

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Did it explode or fly off-screen? Can't quite tell myself, too much noise for my ears to decipher.

Edit: YouTube error deleted the original upload, here it is again
WHOA that's weird! If we can figure it out, this could be good tech for us!

I feel like I've said that so many times...

trevskeet

Smash Cadet
NNID
trevskeet
I took a look back through the replay and pause-buffered for a quick observation, here's the rundown:
1) first Lloid spawned at ~1:30.90
2) command input to spawn a new Lloid at ~1:27.80
3) first Lloid explodes at ~1:27.65
4) Villager touches ground at ~1:27.10
5) second Lloid spawns at ~1:27.00
6 the smoke from the explosion dissipates at ~1:26.75

Not sure if touching the ground is part of it or just a coincidence, but either way I spent half an hour today trying to recreate it with no luck

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Hey guys, throwing another accidental discovery at you. Haven't been able to replicate it yet, but hoping one of you can: some kind of delayed lloid~

Edit: had to replace the link
]
Do you have the replay? May you send it? To me?

niid: TAISH0U

~~~
Question for everyone: Sent replays are still in 60fps, correct?

Ohhh Nevermind. ^_^"

Last edited:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Looks like villager was in the side b animation when the lloid exploded, and it created another lloid during the end of the animation? I'll be in the lab later testing this since this actually has a lot of uses.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I honestly have no idea why this happened xD past two nights I've spent maybe 4 hours total trying this out...

He uses and airborne lloid and that explodes at about 3 seconds. ( i count, 183-ish frames?) And yeah he definitely uses an empty side B pretty much AS it should have exploded,lands and it happens.

I don't really know what can cause this. My initial thought, since he was landing, is that he did some form of that 'Landing Lag Cancle' technique, but with lloid. Yet the total lack of start animation gets me...But then at the same time maybe it makes sense? Since lloid technically spawns at Frame 1 so the result of a LL Cancle is a flawless landing to walking? With no need for the start up animation? idunno.

I tried my best to land it but it seems tedious to time with the explosion correctly and to jump then lloid- one frame from the ground.And im not even sure if this is the cause so...waaaaahhhhhh. :(

Also why does the 'Magic Lloid' do 9% to yoshi? Doesn't lloid do 7%?

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
So I was trying it out and I figured how to do it consistently in about my first 5 minutes of trying in training(of all the luck in the world)I got it 3 times in a row

I don't have a capture card (i only have the 3ds version) so I'll just explain how I did it

Luanch a Lloyd then wait in till the fire on the back goes out,just a little bit after it does then do a empty side-b instantly out of a short hop then do another side-b right as you hit the ground,if timed right after the Lloyd exploded it is lagless. also I was only tilting the circlepad just enough to walk

This is the only hard villager tech I have ever got Lol (i was so happy and excited when I did)

This could actually be a really good tech in battle

Last edited:

trevskeet

Smash Cadet
NNID
trevskeet
Just got it again on accident. @ shadowdude shadowdude is right--you have to initiate an empty Lloid in the air and then again just as you land to have one pop out. Wondering if this is still possible if the original Lloid actually hits the opponent...

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I discovered a new AT!

On ground, If Villager uses a special a few frames after his dash startup animation, he will glide as far as one and a half Bowser's!

Except that it only works for Up B.

So it's useless...

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I discovered a new AT!

On ground, If Villager uses a special a few frames after his dash startup animation, he will glide as far as one and a half Bowser's!

Except that it only works for Up B.

So it's useless...
I think this has to do with the DIRTBUS, or rather, Indigo Jeans did test a whiile back if the DIRT works with his specials, and found it works for pocket and lloid too

Still not too useful.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I think this has to do with the DIRTBUS, or rather, Indigo Jeans did test a whiile back if the DIRT works with his specials, and found it works for pocket and lloid too

Still not too useful.
I thought DIRT involves inputting grab first?

Mechasm

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-9864-9685
Has anyone ever managed to hit someone's 'snapback' with a bowling ball? I imagine this would be a nice way to get early kills.

solidawesomeness

Smash Rookie
NNID
solidawesomeness
Hey Colgate here's the video of the "new tech"
I'm about to talk about D-smash on platforms, here's a video demonstrating everything I'm saying.
While villager is on a platform above someone, D-Smash can still bury them on some stages. On battlefield, it works on Ganondorf and Rosalina while they are standing still. It's not as reliable against Bowser. It also works against some up tilts and up smashes, but it can still clank sometimes. Some characters get taller when they're doing the animation of almost falling off a platform. It works on dreamland against ganondorf, and on lylat, but on lylat it only works on the right side of the left platform, and the left side of the right platform, but this requires further testing. There's still a lot of testing to be done regarding this, but you can try it out yourself against any characters you run into a lot and are struggling against.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Might have found a new tech. Not too useful, but I can see application. If you autocancel the beginning frames of village's bair, the sound comes out. This also allows you to go straight from landing to dash is you hold a direction when you land. Could be cool for mis-directional shenanigans like Sonic's spin dash cancel. Also, it can cancel tumble, so there's that.

Last edited:

trevskeet

Smash Cadet
NNID
trevskeet
Truth.

Using it as a pseudo-counter is decent and relatively easy, as well as ending some of your opponent's combos early by sending the lloid in the direction of your knockback. I've been toying with it as a passive edgeguard as well: full-hop at about mid-stage and mount your lloid, blast forward for a count and then rear back for the next before hopping off; this let's the lloid drift down just below the lip of the stage and hover for a moment. Definitely not the most strategic choice given Villy's vast array of edgeguard options, but fun to bring out once in a while anyways

Last edited:

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
Truth.

Using it as a pseudo-counter is decent and relatively easy, as well as ending some of your opponent's combos early by sending the lloid in the direction of your knockback. I've been toying with it as a passive edgeguard as well: full-hop at about mid-stage and mount your lloid, blast forward for a count and then rear back for the next before hopping off; this let's the lloid drift down just below the lip of the stage and hover for a moment. Definitely not the most strategic choice given Villy's vast array of edgeguard options, but fun to bring out once in a while anyways
That's how I view Lloid too.

Did you guys explore into lloid rocket ride impact into footstool groundlock? Is that already a thing?
Could someone help find some more optimized followups? I'm having trouble deciding what to do after I land the footstool lock.
Lloid rocket ATs are making it into quite the mixup move.

I'm back with a more detailed explanation. I've experimented on half the cast... can someone help find an explanation?
The combo is Lloid Ride > Footstool > Aerial Lloid Momentum Cancel > Grab > Down Throw

Works at all or nearly all percents on: :4robinm::4palutena::4zelda::4sheik::4marth: and all characters when buried
Works very well on: :4wario::4diddy::4link::4zss::4lucario::4rob:
Works, but stales below 70% against: :4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4samus::4myfriends::4kirby::4dedede::4falco:
Same staling thing, but also only works from behind: :4littlemac::4charizard::4greninja:
Works, but highly unadvisable against: :4mario::rosalina::4tlink::4pit::4pikachu:
Does NOT work past 0% or does not at all: :4bowserjr::4dk::4gaw::4ganondorf::4metaknight::4fox::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt:

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Did you guys explore into lloid rocket ride impact into footstool groundlock? Is that already a thing?
Could someone help find some more optimized followups? I'm having trouble deciding what to do after I land the footstool lock.
Lloid rocket ATs are making it into quite the mixup move.

I'm back with a more detailed explanation. I've experimented on half the cast... can someone help find an explanation?
The combo is Lloid Ride > Footstool > Aerial Lloid Momentum Cancel > Grab > Down Throw

Works at all or nearly all percents on: :4robinm::4palutena::4zelda::4sheik::4marth: and all characters when buried
Works very well on: :4wario::4diddy::4link::4zss::4lucario::4rob:
Works, but stales below 70% against: :4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4samus::4myfriends::4kirby::4dedede::4falco:
Same staling thing, but also only works from behind: :4littlemac::4charizard::4greninja:
Works, but highly unadvisable against: :4mario::rosalina::4tlink::4pit::4pikachu:
Does NOT work past 0% or does not at all: :4bowserjr::4dk::4gaw::4ganondorf::4metaknight::4fox::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt:
Could drop down with nair after the momentum cancel to lock them? Or is that not possible.

Villager101

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hottaconinja
3DS FC
3497-1694-0212
I have a few questions to ask. My first would be, what ATs still work in 1.1.6? Darklink401 do u run the dl with it youtube channel? And who is villagers best and worst matchups? Thank You

Top Bottom